What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Carousel reset:
Shown the door:

Maryland: Edsall out
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out.
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.
U$C: Sarkissian out.
The other USC: Spurrier to retire as in right now (h/t to Sno)
Minnesota: Kill retires
Miami: Golden out
UCF: O'Leary out

Hot seat:

UVA: London
Purdue: Halzell
NMSU: Martin
UH: Chow
WVU: Holgerson
Indiana: Wilson

Why would Wilson be on a hot seat?
Lost to Rutgers hurts but could and should win 6 games and go bowling for 9th time in 117 seasons. Hell, he's had the most success of about any coach in football.

Last edited:
Why would Wilson be on a hot seat?
Lost to Rutgers hurts but could and should win 6 games and go bowling for 9th time in 117 seasons. Hell, he's had the most success of about any coach in football.
Other than Bill Mallory!

It's going to be an offense guy, most likely.

p.s. you can thank Hokie and I for tipping you off about Beamer weeks in advance ;)

Carousel reset the list is getting pretty big for November 1:
Shown the door:

Maryland: Edsall out
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out.
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.
U$C: Sarkissian out.
The other USC: Spurrier to retire as in right now (h/t to Sno)
Minnesota: Kill retires
Miami: Golden out
UCF: O'Leary out
UH: Chow out
VT: Beamer retires at year end

Hot seat:

UVA: London
NMSU: Martin
WVU: Holgerson
Indiana: Wilson

Richrod's 2015 team has completely **** the bed. The trajectory of what he took over to where he is today is quite downward.
That would be an awful idea for anyone to offer him a job at this point.

Hawaii is a nearly impossible place to win anymore. They have virtually zero administration support. Their facilities are garbage, and it's expensive to run a department that needs to fly students to the mainland 6-7 times per year. It's a mess.

Hard to win consistently big at Arizona.

He's not even winning small though. And it's got to be easier than Utah or Colorado I would think, and way easier than WSU. Many more players within the state plus a 5.5 hour drive to San Diego and warm winters with chicks wearing short shorts all school year.

But they're going backwards hard and fast. There's no excuse for that. Meanwhile, Utah and WSU eat his lunch.
Their best win is over us, in a game they stole.
They have lost to:
UW 49-3
UCLA 56-30
Stanford 55-17

Michigan part deaux?

I have to admit I'd love to see UA fall hard. We need a few teams to do that. They're as good a candidate as any. Makes me all the more pissed that we lost to them, though.

He's not even winning small though. And it's got to be easier than Utah or Colorado I would think, and way easier than WSU. Many more players within the state plus a 5.5 hour drive to San Diego and warm winters with chicks wearing short shorts all school year.

But they're going backwards hard and fast. There's no excuse for that. Meanwhile, Utah and WSU eat his lunch.
Their best win is over us, in a game they stole.
They have lost to:
UW 49-3
UCLA 56-30
Stanford 55-17

Michigan part deaux?

Well, they did win the South last year and could have been playing in the Rose Bowl for the first time. 10 wins at Arizona is really good. Yes, the season is getting away from them now, but seems a bit premature to call Rich Rod washed up, doesn't it?

Arizona is more than ****ing welcome to go back to the football wasteland they came from. Seeing a basketball school like them have a good run in football annoys me no end, just like KU with Mangino a few years ago.

Well, they did win the South last year and could have been playing in the Rose Bowl for the first time. 10 wins at Arizona is really good. Yes, the season is getting away from them now, but seems a bit premature to call Rich Rod washed up, doesn't it?

Not calling him washed up, but I've always questioned his abilities as a CEO. There is no arguing that he did wonders at WVU, but mostly what he did, was exploit "the spread" that he supposedly invented. Kudos for that for sure. His offenses were the rage.

But the world has somewhat caught up with that. He failed at Michigan, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt as a cultural misfit. Certainly it raised suspicion though.

At Arizona, he's 4-5, 4-5, 7-2 and 2-4 (with blowouts) to his credit. That 7-2 run was impressive, but I'd note that his Upper-Classes (in year 3) were both strong and not his....

His predecessor had them vastly improved, got to 3 bowls in a row, before going 0-4 in conference and getting fired in mid-season (Stoops). He also averaged 5 conference wins a year in those 3 years before the 1 bad year.

I'd be really cautious if I was Miami or S. Carolina about hiring this guy. I like him where he's at.

TAPVE0O.png

Back