What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Saw on cbs Tim DeRuyter is on his way out in Fresno. Another name to keep in mind if JMFL gets a head coach opportunity

How times have chance since trailing Fresno 49-0 early in the second quarter in 2012 with many wishing he was our head man. They could have hung 100 on us that night. 69-14 was DeRuyter taking his foot off the gas 20 minutes in. Not that I'm dying to play Fresno, but returning the favor is in order one of these years

How times have chance since trailing Fresno 49-0 early in the second quarter in 2012 with many wishing he was our head man. They could have hung 100 on us that night. 69-14 was DeRuyter taking his foot off the gas 20 minutes in. Not that I'm dying to play Fresno, but returning the favor is in order one of these years
That was the worst CU game I've ever witnessed/watched. I have no words for what happened that night.

What happened to him? I know he was short listed for a number of jobs. Did he try to hold out for something bigger or was he always the brides maid, never the bride?

That was the worst CU game I've ever witnessed/watched. I have no words for what happened that night.

Undoubtedly. I've never been so humiliated as a Buff fan in my life. That's when apathy started to kick in. Still followed the Buffs every week (and we pulled a rabbit out of a hat beating Wazzu in Pullman right after that), but what could you do except laugh? The losses didn't even hurt as much at that point, as it was simply known we'd be out of every Pac game (save the Wazzu fluke) after two possessions. While that Fresno team was decent, 9 wins or so, the fact that DeRuyter is where he is now just makes it all the more pathetic to be out-coacheyd and out-manned by such a team. That was the low point. Lowest of the low. At that point, it did briefly cross my mind whether we would ever be back. It's remarkable that here we are in 2016 with a top 25 caliber team and pushing for a division title. Thank God for Mike Mac and Rick George. That 2012 team made this year's Rutgers and Purdue look halfway decent in comparison. We could have had 100 put up on us multiple times that year had DeRuyter, Chip Kelly and others not decided to get healthy and rest up. We were a defacto bye week.

Undoubtedly. I've never been so humiliated as a Buff fan in my life. That's when apathy started to kick in. Still followed the Buffs every week (and we pulled a rabbit out of a hat beating Wazzu in Pullman right after that), but what could you do except laugh? The losses didn't even hurt as much at that point, as it was simply known we'd be out of every Pac game (save the Wazzu fluke) after two possessions. While that Fresno team was decent, 9 wins or so, the fact that DeRuyter is where he is now just makes it all the more pathetic to be out-coacheyd and out-manned by such a team. That was the low point. Lowest of the low. At that point, it did briefly cross my mind whether we would ever be back. It's remarkable that here we are in 2016 with a top 25 caliber team and pushing for a division title. Thank God for Mike Mac and Rick George. That 2012 team made this year's Rutgers and Purdue look halfway decent in comparison. We could have had 100 put up on us multiple times that year had DeRuyter, Chip Kelly and others not decided to get healthy and rest up. We were a defacto bye week.
Pretty grim, I think that Toledo game was right up there. I remember the commentators going Colorado cannot keep up with the speed of Toledo. A freakin MAC commuter school and we could not run with them, sheesh.

I remember when Donut Scott got caught from behind by that chubby ass linebacker, I'm like 4.3 my ass.

I remember when Donut Scott got caught from behind by that chubby ass linebacker, I'm like 4.3 my ass.

I can remember walking out of the Montana St. loss in 2006 and saying to a friend of mine, "Yeah, but Barnett left him nothing." We see what we want to see.

Some Bo Pellini to Purdue rumors surfacing back in the Midwest.

Fired for 9 wins or better from NU. But surrounded by controversy and boorish behavior if memory serves. Actually was really fired because he wasnt Tom O 2.0

Hasnt exactly lit it up at Youngstown State

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2003)
2003Nebraska1–0[n 1]W Alamo1818
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2008–2010)
2008Nebraska9–45–3T–1st (North)W Gator
2009Nebraska10–46–21st (North)W Holiday1414
2010Nebraska10–46–2T–1st (North)L Holiday1920
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference) (2011–2014)
2011Nebraska9–45–33rd (Legends)L Capital One2424
2012Nebraska10–47–11st (Legends)L Capital One2325
2013Nebraska9–45–3T–2nd (Legends)W Gator25
2014Nebraska9–3[n 2]5–3T–2nd (West)Holiday[n 2]2325
Nebraska: 39–17
Youngstown State Penguins (Missouri Valley Conf) (2015–Present)
2015Youngstown State5–63–5T–6th
2016Youngstown State5–23–1
Youngstown State: 6–6
Total:77–35
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Saw that Middle Tennessee beat Missouri yesterday. Their coach, Rick Stockstill, has been there 11 years. He's an older guy I guess, but has a lot of good experience. I wonder why his name doesn't come up for bigger jobs. Or maybe it has and I just didn't notice.

Saw that Middle Tennessee beat Missouri yesterday. Their coach, Rick Stockstill, has been there 11 years. He's an older guy I guess, but has a lot of good experience. I wonder why his name doesn't come up for bigger jobs. Or maybe it has and I just didn't notice.
Seems like a low pressure gig. What has Middle Tennessee State done in 11 years?

Seems like a low pressure gig. What has Middle Tennessee State done in 11 years?
Won their conference and upset a few P5 teams. In other words, about as good as you could expect. He's had experience with great coaches and at least according to this bio a good recruiter. Not suggesting he go from MT to Oregon, but kind of surprised he hasn't moved up in competition.

Won their conference and upset a few P5 teams. In other words, about as good as you could expect. He's had experience with great coaches and at least according to this bio a good recruiter. Not suggesting he go from MT to Oregon, but kind of surprised he hasn't moved up in competition.
And if Schlabach is right, beating CSU
Bowl schedule
Gildan New Mexico Bowl
University Stadium, Albuquerque
Dec. 17, 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Colorado State vs. Middle Tennessee
McMurphy: Air Force vs. Old Dominion

You know they substituted the cheerleaders in, at half time. FACT!
This game and racism claim is why I will not forgive Water Bottle.

Also, how can UCLA even think of keeping Mora after yet another disastrous season like this??? May the Buffs be the next nail!

Last edited:
And if Schlabach is right, beating CSU

That would really move the needle for the CSU program. Might actually have 1000 non-sheep fans nationwide watch the game on purpose. A few thousand more who are to lazy to change the channel when it comes on.

If your middle tenn and you beat a p5 team you are playing above your ceiling. He's doing something right as a coach and with less resources. He should get noticed for that.

The fact that a dog **** csu team might make a bowl speaks volumes for the pathetic conference they are in. We have too many bowls for teams like that to get rewarded for being average in a bad conference.

The fact that a dog **** csu team might make a bowl speaks volumes for the pathetic conference they are in. We have too many bowls for teams like that to get rewarded for being average in a bad conference.
Agreed. The number of bowls need to be cut to only allow 8+ win teams in. Reward being above average to good, not completely mediocre, or even below average (for the 5-7 teams that make it).

Back