What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Hmm. Then I am confused given the photo of the IPF site work. You'd think if an underground garage is going there, they would be excavating and building the perimeter walls. I can't really make out in the picture what they are doing. Did they haul in a bunch of dirt and place it on the site? Sometimes they will do that to add a surcharge for compaction. Maybe that's part of the cost increase. What you do is load the site with a big pile of soil for a few months until the subgrade reaches maximum compaction. That's all I can figure.

All they have done at the IPF site is remove the turf, they may have relocated utilities but can't tell. The construction access road runs through the east end of Franklin. There is still a good amount of turf on Franklin that has been fenced off from the construction traffic. Looking at the amount of work that has happened in the NE corner where that big hill used to be walking up to the stadium, I would guess that they will begin excavating in the next week or so.

Maybe that was where they staged the dirt (before hauling away) that was removed from the northeast corner?

Is looking at photos of dirt like Playboy for engineers?
I've haven't seen this kind of analysis of a picture since Katarina Witt was in the December '98 issue.

Hmm. Then I am confused given the photo of the IPF site work. You'd think if an underground garage is going there, they would be excavating and building the perimeter walls. I can't really make out in the picture what they are doing. Did they haul in a bunch of dirt and place it on the site? Sometimes they will do that to add a surcharge for compaction. Maybe that's part of the cost increase. What you do is load the site with a big pile of soil for a few months until the subgrade reaches maximum compaction. That's all I can figure.

Maybe "under the IPF" doesn't mean underground, the practice field will be on the 3rd floor!

When I was at the practice yesterday, I wandered around the stadium project. I was kind of amazed with how deep they're going. I don't think the daily cameras do it justice given the angle they are coming from.

They are digging down real far, quite close to the stadium.

Also, even with all the changes, you can take solice knowing that Boulder is still Boulder.

Some random folk tubing down boulder creek at 4 pm.

Working on a Sunday. I guess we know where that $13mil is going towards

Yeah. Got a lot done this week that folks like me can look at and see what it is.

And it appears to be at a point where the upcoming week will make it really start to look like stadium seating -- especially in the end zone.

The 2nd camera angle has changed. It is now from the top of the Engineering Center looking towards the IPF. Going to be moving lots and lots of dirt for a while.

Last edited:
The satellite dishes are in the CU distribution centers parking lot. I'm trying to sell them .....Know any body interested?

Some cool stuff happening right now.

Railings going in on the west loge box. It is starting to look like something. Concrete going in on the middle section. Concrete going in on the east loge box.

I still have no idea what is going on with the NE corner. They built these big ramps, and Idk what the purpose of them is. They look to low to be forms for the seating...

Looks like they dug up a portion on the South side of Franklin Field away from the IPF/garage dig. Wonder what that's about.

Looks like they dug up a portion on the South side of Franklin Field away from the IPF/garage dig. Wonder what that's about.

I am going to guess, utility work. I also believe that turf will all be gone anyway. Pretty sure it is going to be replaced by artificial turf.

I am going to guess, utility work. I also believe that turf will all be gone anyway. Pretty sure it is going to be replaced by artificial turf.

Artificial turf will eliminate some parking issues while also save money over time. If the money's there to put it in, CU should do it. Have to keep some grass for practicing, though. Over half our games are played on grass, after all.

Artificial turf will eliminate some parking issues while also save money over time. If the money's there to put it in, CU should do it. Have to keep some grass for practicing, though. Over half our games are played on grass, after all.

UofA - Artificial
ASU - Grass - renovating to Artificial
UCLA - Grass
USC - Grass
Cal- Artificial
Stanford - Grass
OSU- Artificial
UO - Artificial
UW - Artificial
WSU - Artificial
Utah - Artificial
CU - Grass

Could the team practice at Folsom if they turned all of Franklin to Field Turf?

Can someone post some pictures? I haven't had internet since Friday and haven't been able to check on my phone

is tini, in a roundabout way, trying to tell us he got his own place and comcast won't be there for a couple days?

is tini, in a roundabout way, trying to tell us he got his own place and comcast won't be there for a couple days?

I mean I have had my own place for a while now but yes, I am waiting on Comcast to get cable and internet back up.

Some cool stuff happening right now.

Railings going in on the west loge box. It is starting to look like something. Concrete going in on the middle section. Concrete going in on the east loge box.

I still have no idea what is going on with the NE corner. They built these big ramps, and Idk what the purpose of them is. They look to low to be forms for the seating...
Looks to me like those will be support beams that will hold up the "floor" of the seating area. They will span across the columns that are already there.

Looks to me like those will be support beams that will hold up the "floor" of the seating area. They will span across the columns that are already there.

You may be on to something there. They just put up a new section of formwork on the the northern most "ramp". What would ease alot of fears about completion of the NE is what it looks like they might be doing. Pour the support beams, cure them, then install precast concrete sections on top for the seats. If that is what they do it would be much faster than I thought.

Back