What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Day Thread: Colorado vs UCLA 2012

Please stop with this "fire such and such assistant". For the millionth time: NO GOOD COORDINATOR IS JOINING THIS SINKING SHIP. The whole staff needs to be gone. That's painfully obvious.

What good does that do? Especially with this current admin? I seriously doubt benson and disteph will allow Bohn to fire anyone. Jmho.

Agree our administration is a major problem. No argument there. But as for what good does it do? There is no need to be 1-4 right now and on our way to 1-11. It's no exaggeration to say we have the worst coaching staff in the country. A decent coach could work around this administration to get CU as a consistent 6-7 win team. We aren't making Rose Bowls with this admin, but bowl games are quite obtainable (we're talking being 70th out of 120). This is not how it has to be. No way. This is a case of coaches in way over their heads.

Lol yeah Ill go crawl in a hole for Hank. Be a cold day in hell before that happens. I just have a hard time getting my head around a University that doesnt even back their kids. Biggest money maker and all we hear is excuses, the leadership is ****, I dont have to be there to notice. Its a big part of putting the Uni on the map and they do nothing. Makes me wanna puke.

Didn't go back in for the second half, as is becoming more and more common...

I was so frustrated by our first possession where we started in field goal range, then a fumble, a sack and two penalties later and we had backtracked to mid-field... That was coaching and beating ourselves. EB calling end arounds and rolling Webb out - just take the freaking points when you have them. Run it up the middle three times and get some points on the board.

Anyway, there is plenty more to dissect, but I felt like the possession was symbolic of the state of this program. Can't get out of our own way.

Agree our administration is a major problem. No argument there. But as for what good does it do? There is no need to be 1-4 right now and on our way to 1-11. It's no exaggeration to say we have the worst coaching staff in the country. A decent coach could work around this administration to get CU as a consistent 6-7 win team. We aren't making Rose Bowls with this admin, but bowl games are quite obtainable (we're talking being 70th out of 120). This is not how it has to be. No way. This is a case of coaches in way over their heads.

Its going to take years for the program to recover. Im talking seven or eight at the minimum. If ever.

Yes, its that bad. Bad football has become acceptable here. What good young coach wants to be a HC with that kind of support from the admin? We need a damn good coach to get this program back to .500 seasons imo.

Its going to take years for the program to recover. Im talking seven or eight at the minimum. If ever.

Yes, its that bad. Bad football has become acceptable here. What good young coach wants to be a HC with that kind of support from the admin? We need a damn good coach to get this program back to .500 seasons imo.

It will take years to compete for a conference championship, I agree on 7 years there. However, I really don't think it has to be years before we go 6-6 or 7-5. That .500 level could be obtained even in two seasons, especially now that we've stopped the suicidal OOCs, with a competent (or even halfway competent) staff.

It will take years to compete for a conference championship, I agree on 7 years there. However, I really don't think it has to be years before we go 6-6 or 7-5. That .500 level could be obtained even in two seasons, especially now that we've stopped the suicidal OOCs, with a competent (or even halfway competent) staff.
Hell it will take years to just compete for division championships.

As we speak, CU has no difference makers. I know it's popular to blame the staff. But, man, we just don't have much to work with and, really, it isn't their fault. At least in my mind it isn't.

As we speak, CU has no difference makers. I know it's popular to blame the staff. But, man, we just don't have much to work with and, really, it isn't their fault. At least in my mind it isn't.

They should consider recruiting some.

They should consider recruiting some.
Yep. I don't know how to grade the freshmen. None of them really stand out to me. Hopefully, they develop. I like Powell, but he isn't a tailback. We'll see how Dillon looks next year. It's just too early to tell.

I saw some improvement in the young defense tonight. The offense consistantly put them in bad situations, and early in the 2nd half they caused three 3 and outs. Kirk Poston looked good. Of course Pericak looked good. Brady Daigh. Ken Crowley. These guys are coming. The big man in the middle of the D-line. Tupoa. Solis. It's going to take some time, and I know actually showing a little patience is verbotten. The offense is behind the defense, but a better QB will help, and that's coming. Hobbs made a very athletic play and then fumbled. Having a guy like the monster at right tackle (Nembot) with experience will help. They're coming.

Now, kill me.

Last edited:
I saw some improvement in the young defense tonight. The offense consistantly put them in bad situations, and early in the 2nd half they caused three 3 and outs. Kirk Poston looked good. Of course Pericak looked good. Brady Daigh. Ken Crawley. These guys are coming. The big man in the middle of the D-line. It's going to take some time, and I know actually showing a little patience is verbotten. The offense is behind the defense, but a better QB will help, and that's coming. Having a guy like the monster at right tackle with experience will help.

Now, kill me.
I agree with you. I think the D hung in there pretty well. They just could not hold on. The offense just could not give 'em the lift they needed.

You guys are really reaching by being positive about our players. It's nice that you try to say positive things about our team, but we don't have one single player that would start on any top 25 team. Paul Richardson would, but you can not count him today due to injury.

Powell may become that player along with several of our freshman starters. But the fact remains that none of them are capable now of starting for a top 25 team.

This team is devoid of top talent.

The difference makers are all playing on other teams. It is not rocket science. Beat teams on the recruiting trail and it usually translates to the field. Until that changes, who cares.

The "we're young" excuse means next to nothing on days like today. UCLA is young and we have to go there next year. How is the result going to change a year from now? Because Paul Richardson is back? Because we're more experienced? Sounds like a nice fantasy.

The biggest sign that things are in the ****ter is that our team took a home beatdown today and AllBuffs is calm. Pretty much everything contained in a single thread. Never thought I'd see the day.

The difference makers are all playing on other teams. It is not rocket science. Beat teams on the recruiting trail and it usually translates to the field. Until that changes, who cares.

The "we're young" excuse means next to nothing on days like today. UCLA is young and we have to go there next year. How is the result going to change a year from now? Because Paul Richardson is back? Because we're more experienced? Sounds like a nice fantasy.

UCLA played a freshman QB, freshman WR, and 3 freshmen OL -- and scored 42 points on the Buffs today.

People love to talk about the lack of talent -- who recruits the talent?? Are there a bunch of players in the 2013 class who are suddenly going to flip the talent on this team? Or is the exact same excuse going to return next year?

There is one team that is head and shoulders above every other team. Beyond them, it's a joke. Arkansas was a preseason top 10 team, and they're no better than us. Neither is Illinois, or a number of other teams. Things can come together in a hurry, and we have plenty of players that can make a difference, and more on the way. I think we're good enough to beat at least 2 more teams on our schedule, and we definitely have guys that could play on 'top 25' teams, since that horse**** anyway. Our offense needs to improve a lot, and that means speed and better line play. Some speed is on the way, as is better QB play. We need better line play, but there are some players here, and more on the way that can play. Can the line coach coach? I have some doubts.

UCLA played a freshman QB, freshman WR, and 3 freshmen OL -- and scored 42 points on the Buffs today.

People love to talk about the lack of talent -- who recruits the talent?? Are there a bunch of players in the 2013 class who are suddenly going to flip the talent on this team? Or is the exact same excuse going to return next year?

Id be willing to bet that Buff fans actually hate to talk about the lack of talent. We buff fans would LOVE to talk about an extremely talented team.... But we don't have that.

As far as your next question.... "Who recruits that talent"..... There are numerous " fire all coaches" threads that you can choose from to discuss that issue.

I don't believe anyone is saying that is an excuse. I think they are making opinionated statements based on factual assumptions.....

Which brings me back to your post..... What are you trying to say? You want Barnett back?

Back