What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games & teams thread

Today is even better than yesterday. We're already halfway through 1H in our first game of the day.

March Madness Sport GIF by Basketball Madness
And I have a snow day today.

Buffs on FS1 instead of Pac is a plus, but it also means we'll probably not get the first 5 minutes of the game because Marquette/Villanova will run past 11:30.

Last game of the day for the Pac12 also likely to get delayed... Particularly since I am going to struggle to stay awake for it.

Marquette is going to mollywhop Villanova.
Definitely would have whooped the Villanova team that played last night against DePaul. They won by 1 point and got the dub only because teams are 0-20 in conference play for a reason. Blue Demons couldn't close a game they controlled and led all night.

Richmond loses in the A10 quarterfinals to St Joe’s. Not a good result for us. Need Dayton to win that tourney to make sure there’s not a bid thief. Dayton appears to be solidly in the field.

Richmond loses in the A10 quarterfinals to St Joe’s. Not a good result for us. Need Dayton to win that tourney to make sure there’s not a bid thief. Dayton appears to be solidly in the field.
Our best scenario was Dayton beating Richmond in the Final. Dayton better win to prevent a bid theft.

Do we have a preference in this Pitt v Wake game? They both seem to be on the wrong side of the bubble according to bracket matrix.

Do we have a preference in this Pitt v Wake game? They both seem to be on the wrong side of the bubble according to bracket matrix.
Seems to depend on who you ask. Wake has a better NET but they only have one quad 1 win while Pitt has 3 including at Duke and at UVA. Bracket matrix has both only showing up on 6 brackets.

More buzz around Wake, so maybe Pitt is less likely to get a bid or seed ahead of CU?

I think you can pretty much root for whichever team you like in that one (kind of like TCU/OU last night). Personally, I'm kind of enjoying Capel's teams and like Pitt more than Wake.

St. John's handled Seton Hall. Total control & up 15 with under a minute left.

Good. Red Storm are a tourney team and have looked great ever since Pitino's blowup to the media when he threw his players under the bus about a month ago. Seton Hall talk should finally be shut down. They're no more than a potentially dangerous NIT squad.

Houston did what Houston does. Beat TCU 65-40. TCU came in at #41 NET and most had them in the 9-11 seed range. Maybe helps our Buffs a smidge.

More importantly, I've been hearing mention of Memphis (#70) as a bubble team. They just lost to Wichita State (#155, 14-18 record) 71-65. They're done.

I'm assuming this Ohio State (#55, 19-12) vs Iowa (#59, 18-13) game is an elimination for the loser but not one that seals a bid for the winner.

OSU looks better so far, but it's pretty early. Buckeyes up 7 at the under-8 timeout in 1H.

I'm assuming this Ohio State (#55, 19-12) vs Iowa (#59, 18-13) game is an elimination for the loser but not one that seals a bid for the winner.

OSU looks better so far, but it's pretty early. Buckeyes up 7 at the under-8 timeout in 1H.
They look like teams who need to get to the Big Ten final to get in to the NCAAs. Neither resume is that good.

I should be rooting for Creighton, but Providence has Kim English & Nate Tomlinson coaching. Can't do it. So fvck it. Hope they win the Big East title.

SDSU leading UNLV by 6 with under 5 minutes left. UNLV is outplaying them except for the small problem of having given up 22 offensive rebounds. o_O

Freshman PG Thomas is special for UNLV. Beautiful drive at the end of regulation with a left handed running tear drop across the lane to force OT. Kid's got 27. He reclassified - should be in HS right now.

4:35 left in OT. 30 second clock. Shot clock violation on UNLV. I wasn't a math major, but something seems off with that.

SDSU (NET 20) wins. They'll play Utah State in one of the MWC semis. Both those teams should be locks for the Dance.

Providence played as well as they can play. Didn't miss a FT. Only had 5 TOs. Balanced scoring between paint and jumpers. 78-73 over Creighton. Great win!

Too many games I want to watch are on at the same time. Watching Stanford-Wazzu on PACN.

Just got done flipping between NC State over Duke and Providence over Creighton.
I have two tablets with YTTV on them. I've had three games on at once all day.

As a teacher, I want blizzards every year during Champ Week.

KjSU bounced in the Big 12. There's another bubbler/bid stealer (I have no idea what to make of them) probably NIT bound. Cincinnati/Baylor next there. I suppose we should all be a bit worried about Cincinnati, but I don't think they can beat Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State, and probably Houston (basing that on what I saw today) four days in a row.

I have two tablets with YTTV on them. I've had three games on at once all day.

As a teacher, I want blizzards every year during Champ Week.

KjSU bounced in the Big 12. There's another bubbler/bid stealer (I have no idea what to make of them) probably NIT bound. Cincinnati/Baylor next there. I suppose we should all be a bit worried about Cincinnati, but I don't think they can beat Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State, and probably Houston (basing that on what I saw today) four days in a row.
KSU is done as a bubble team. They needed that and 1 more, I think.

Cincy might need to beat Baylor. I wouldn't shed any tears if that happens.

Back