What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/28-10/1

I'm not really disagreeing but the crowd is a hell of a lot louder on the road if they are kicking your ass. At home, winning or losing, it's easier.

The only thing I'm going to say about their unis is that there are certain teams whose helmets are instantly recognizable - we're fortunate to be in that camp - and Washington has that going for them. At least they've kept that.

But the jerseys... ugh.

Isn't white numbers on Washington's home purple unis the traditional look? o_O

Today's "How the **** did I get this old" moment....

The guy calling the BYU game just said Ty Detmer is 48 years old.

i really hate the uw coach, horse-faced mutha that he is, who said he was coming to CU as the oc for juice box and then didn't come. i hope he steps in a mudhole, breaks a leg, and has to be taken out behind the stable.

hey. i like this. i am starting to develop a good amount of in-conference hate. it isn't big 8 or even big 12 level hate yet, but when i hate every pac 12 team as much as i hate usc, we will be there.

Not surprised by Washington's ability to make plays downfield with Stanford's CBs out.

Am surprised to see Washington consistently kicking Stanford's butt up and down the field on the LOS.

What a dominating statement drive. Holy crap UW, way to eliminate Stanford from the playoff emphatically.

Isn't white numbers on Washington's home purple unis the traditional look? o_O
Yeah, without the goofy black shoulder numbers and sleeves.

Great:
iu

Terrible:
iu

UDub is just bitch slapping them. Uniform stuff, I like Washington's look better than what they wore in the Holiday Bowl back in the day.

This is probably killing McCaffrey's Heisman chances, which is unfortunate, because he hasn't been that bad. It's just that his offensive line is getting destroyed on every single play.

McCaffery is good player. As much as I like him, lot of his success last year was Oline.

That was the most impressive offensive possession I have seen this season. Wow.
Reminded me of the 4th quarter drive against CSU earlier this year in terms of the dominance. Only difference is that was agains the Rams. This against the #7 team in the country.

McCaffery is good player. As much as I like him, lot of his success last year was Oline.

I agree, but unless your name is Barry Sanders, most RBs depend on their o-line.

The kid has speed, wiggle, and just enough power. He's special. And I'm not a big fan of the McCaffreys because of their connection to Valor.

Whether he's Heisman quality, I'm not sure. He's definitely not winning it this year.

UDub is just bitch slapping them. Uniform stuff, I like Washington's look better than what they wore in the Holiday Bowl back in the day.
If you mean when there were wearing purple helmets, then I'd say those were bad, too. Just in a different way. The ones they are wearing now look like they were designed by the same doofus who designed our Hawkins unis. The extra stuff just detracts from the classic look.

Yeah ... with the purple helmets? The coach (Lambert?) who succeeded Don James immediately caught a lot of flack from the fans for making that change from their glory days. He didn't last long either as I recall.

But given the plethora of uni combinations every major program (including us) has these days, I don't think it really matters anymore. It used to be that I could immediately identify who was playing when all the schools wore the same home/road unis when I channel-surfed. Now, outside of Michigan (those helmets!), Pedo State (they look plain), Bama (ditto), and a few others, I have to actually see the score to figure out who's playing. Thanks a lot, ****ing Dux!

I think the Huskies may drop one or two somewhere. I just think that's a UW thing to do, although they obviously look damn good.

Maybe they were caught looking ahead last week in Tucson, but the road is a different animal. They head to Eugene next. Huskies have lost 12 straight to the Ducks. A win there will be the changing of the guard, at least for a season. Trips to SLC and Berkeley won't be easy either.

Back