What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prediction Thread- Game 1- Hawaii

embree_medium.gif

Kind of sums up the whole two years in one expression.

Hawaii is a bad team but we haven't been any good either. We all know that we have a better team but let's wait till the scoreboard confirms that.

Hawaii also knows that if they don't beat CU they are looking at 0-2 because they aren't getting a win in Columbus. They get UC-Davis the week after but then get back on an airplane and go to Wisconsin. That's a brutal travel schedule.

Didn't know where else to post this. Will Leavitt be on the field or in the booth? I'm used to coordinators being in the booth, but Leavett strikes me as a guy who wants to be on the field with his men. If so, who would be tracking plays and calling plays? And, I reckon defense is a bit different than offense with regards to the guy in the booth.

Last edited:
Didn't know where else to post this. Will Leavett be on the field or in the booth? I'm used to coordinators being in the booth, but Leavett strikes me as a guy who wants to be on the field with his men. If so, who would be tracking plays and calling plays? And, I reckon defense is a bit different than offense with regards to the guy in the booth.
Somebody asked HCMM this a week ago or so. He said that they were evaluating both options and would try them out in scrimmages, etc, to find the best fit. I like the idea of his energy on the sideline, but I'm thinking that a DC might need to be in the booth to see what's working and not working.

I believe we are going to look sharp with greater maturity and improved depth. Had predicted bows in season win total thread, but upgrading to Buffs win.

Buffs 27
Bows 17

Predicting 2 interceptions for our defense, turn of fate from recent years. Stay healthy fellas.

Somebody asked HCMM this a week ago or so. He said that they were evaluating both options and would try them out in scrimmages, etc, to find the best fit. I like the idea of his energy on the sideline, but I'm thinking that a DC might need to be in the booth to see what's working and not working.

DCs are typically on the field while OCs are in the booth. I don't remember seeing too many DCs upstairs during games.

DCs are typically on the field while OCs are in the booth. I don't remember seeing too many DCs upstairs during games.
Don't know that that's really true. For starters, the last DC that Levitt worked with (Vic Fangio - last year in SF) worked from the booth.

Don't know that that's really true. For starters, the last DC that Levitt worked with (Vic Fangio - last year in SF) worked from the booth.

The vast majority of DCs are on the field. Which is where I would expect Leavitt to be, as well.

"Case 3- Defensive Responsibilities

It’s clear that Defensive Coordinators choose to be on the field more than offensive coordinators. Based on our research, 81.3 percent of defensive coordinators that took our survey are on the field, rather than in the box. We found various reasons for this fact- most of which are centered around the philosophy of defense being more of an “emotional” side of the ball where the DC could be on the field helping with adjustments presented by the offense."

http://xandolabs.com/index.php?opti...nication-research-report&catid=102&Itemid=169

This is a situation where Tumpkin should be a great asset in the booth. It's like having two DCs at the same time.

This is a situation where Tumpkin should be a great asset in the booth. It's like having two DCs at the same time.

THIS! My thought exactly. This seems to be precisely why Tumpkin was brought in. Two DCs, one in the booth, Leavitt to motivate on the sideline.

embree_medium.gif

Kind of sums up the whole two years in one expression.

Hawaii is a bad team but we haven't been any good either. We all know that we have a better team but let's wait till the scoreboard confirms that.

Hawaii also knows that if they don't beat CU they are looking at 0-2 because they aren't getting a win in Columbus. They get UC-Davis the week after but then get back on an airplane and go to Wisconsin. That's a brutal travel schedule.

Also sums up the extent of coaching that went on: NONE!

There's a difference between a "bad Hawaii team" and a Buffs team that was good enough to be competitive in all but a couple Pac 12 games, but just didn't have the wherewithall (or the DC) necessary to win.

Love to catch UH thinking of their trip to Columbus, rather than the Buffs so I don't think your worry there is realistic.

Didn't know where else to post this. Will Leavett be on the field or in the booth? I'm used to coordinators being in the booth, but Leavett strikes me as a guy who wants to be on the field with his men. If so, who would be tracking plays and calling plays? And, I reckon defense is a bit different than offense with regards to the guy in the booth.

Adam just said Leavitt will be on the sideline week 1 and presumably the entire season

Aloha Timmy. WTF with the "unfortunately" line?

PS - how are the Colorado Tommyknocker figurines design and production coming along?

As in, "Unfortunately I no longer have beaches, and have to deal with cold dry air all the time." At least the people, restaurant/pub/beer scene and great music makes up for it.

I've had things on hold but now I can finally put statues on sale again and get them into retail shops. It's going to be a busy week!

Back