What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

That was a "WTF" game

I believe the announcers said that the last time CU ran a punt back for a touchdown, it was 2005. (CU's last winning season, btw.)
And unless we had a play I've forgotten, the last score on a kickoff return was when Nelson Spruce returned an onside kick for a score against Cal on Nov. 16, 2013. So yeah, special teams. Let's do this.
And yet, on 9 News this morning, the only film clip they showed was Montez's interception and they said it was Sefo's.

How inept do you have to be, as a news station, when a team is 7-2, and wins on the first punt return in 11 years, to show an interception. Good work gang!

And yet, on 9 News this morning, the only film clip they showed was Montez's interception and they said it was Sefo's.

How inept do you have to be, as a news station, when a team is 7-2, and wins on the first punt return in 11 years, to show an interception. Good work gang!

Morning producer is probably a chick that got to work at 4am and doesn't watch football. Pressed the easy button and moved on to the next story.

Do they have a complaint email? Seriously, WTF. If a home team reporter did that down here, he'd get his house burnt to the ground.

UDub didn't come out of nowhere, they brought in Chris Peterson. Not an accident.

But his record was always just good. Not exceptional like this year. It's been their breakout year under him. Not an accident, but people didn't think they were CFP bound at the beginning either.

Witherspoon looked lost on that play.
Spoon was still visibly favoring his right leg. I'm not sure why they brought him back in.

On the crowd and how the fans "looked" to a national audience:
1. The marshmallows didn't "look bad on national TV." The next person to get hurt because someone threw a marshmallow at them will be the first. The announcers laughed about it, and that's the right attitude - they're marshmallows. Marshmallows.

2. Unless you actually know that the line is "**** em up, **** em up, go CU," you can't tell what the crowd is yelling when it's on the broadcast. You really can't. Watch a game with someone who doesn't know, point out the cheer, and ask them what the words are. They'll have no ****ing clue.

3. The crowd looked great on TV.

4. The Icelandic chant sounded absolutely amazing, especially in surround sound.
1) Agreed. There were barely a factor. Even the announcers were laughing.
2)You could not tell what they were saying on TV. I had to explain it and even then the group still said, "Nah, you can't tell."

...I liken it to a kid who's been picked on his entire childhood, finally hit his growth spurt in high school and is finding out he can throw punches all the same with the other kids that have been picking on him his entire life.
This was my take as well. It's a glorious moment when you figure out that you don't have to keep taking punches because you can doll it out the same if not better than what you are receiving. It's an even better feeling when you know you can reciprocate, feign a strike, stop, smile and just walk away. That will stick with them more and likely piss them off. Moeller's hit is the perfect example. Look at him once and then just walk away. No need to say anything but leave with a big **** eating grin and do it again on the next play.

USC is one of those 3 teams.
Yeah but don't you think USC's early performance will hurt the other PAC teams comparatively?

That's a weird list though, sort of runs contrary to my entire point lol. Says we have dominant teams but no middle of the pack teams.

Yeah but don't you think USC's early performance will hurt the other PAC teams comparatively?

That's a weird list though, sort of runs contrary to my entire point lol. Says we have dominant teams but no middle of the pack teams.

Stanford is a middle of that pack team that had a couple of horrible weeks without McCaffery.
UCLA is a middle of the pack team that can't seal the deal.
Utah is middle of the pack and caught USC when they were still bad.

There are some bad teams in the Pac this year though.

Stanford is a middle of that pack team that had a couple of horrible weeks without McCaffery.
UCLA is a middle of the pack team that can't seal the deal.
Utah is middle of the pack and caught USC when they were still bad.

There are some bad teams in the Pac this year though.
the Utah game scares me. they put up a lot of points on fUCLA

the Utah game scares me. they put up a lot of points on fUCLA

Also gave up a lot. But then their offense has looked pedestrian in other games while their defense has looked great in other games. I don't know how much we can take from comparing those 2 games since they seem to be outliers. I'd look at our respective games against USC. They won by 4 at home in a low-scoring game. We lost by 4 on the road in a low scoring game. I think we'll see a winning score in the 20s against Utah and the teams are pretty even.

Also gave up a lot. But then their offense has looked pedestrian in other games while their defense has looked great in other games. I don't know how much we can take from comparing those 2 games since they seem to be outliers. I'd look at our respective games against USC. They won by 4 at home in a low-scoring game. We lost by 4 on the road in a low scoring game. I think we'll see a winning score in the 20s against Utah and the teams are pretty even.
so you're sating we are the seahawks

so you're sating we are the seahawks

Against good defenses, seems to be the case. Showed what we're capable of on offense at Michigan, but that is the outlier right now. When we've scored a lot, it's been against CSU, Idaho State, Oregon, Oregon State and Arizona State. Not exactly defensive juggernauts. Defensively, though, they seem to show up against everyone. Take away some special teams gaffes and turnovers by the offense giving away points or short fields, and this defense hasn't allowed much scoring at all.

I drove into work listening to the Utah station where they proclaimed Colorado not a very good team with lack of discipline and poor talent. "Utah is better at every position" was the statement from a local high school coach who runs college summer camps.
It will be interesting to see how Mac gets them to respond next week.
I honestly think every team in the Pac 12 that hasn't played Colorado yet this season thinks we are a fluke and it will be just like old times when they play us. I want them to keep thinking that.

I would say the PAC has two teams that can play with anyone in the country in Washington and USC. Those are followed up by 4 good teams in Colorado, Utah Washington state and Stanford. Then you have your potential bowl teams that have proven they are better than the teams in the same position in different conferences: ucla, Arizona state, cal and Oregon. Then there are two bottom feeders in Arizona and Oregon state although osu is making a strong case to be in that next group with how they have competed.

BTW -I kept thinking those ****ed up ucla snaps were going to bite them in the ass eventually? never really did except first or second series? that dude was snapping high all night.

Nobody in the Pac 12 is as bad as Kansas, Iowa St, Boston College, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Missouri, or Vanderbilt.

How great would it be to get two of those patsies each year?

Nobody in the Pac 12 is as bad as Kansas, Iowa St, Boston College, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Missouri, or Vanderbilt.

How great would it be to get two of those patsies each year?

But then, wouldn't we be in the position that Washington is in, having a perfect record that is tarnished because we haven't played ranked teams?

BTW -I kept thinking those ****ed up ucla snaps were going to bite them in the ass eventually? never really did except first or second series? that dude was snapping high all night.
i think this is the first post to mention that. yeah, I really expected one to lead to a turnover, but I guess that one bad snap on the opening drive (I think) cost them ~20 yards -- I guess that's a small bite in the ass.

But then, wouldn't we be in the position that Washington is in, having a perfect record that is tarnished because we haven't played ranked teams?
Doesn't seem to be a problem for Michigan, Alabama, or Clemson. It did kill the Big 12 teams the moment they had their first loss.

Basically, just win against whoever is in front of you and it doesn't matter. Lose one, and it can matter.

It was weird that he never improved.

It was very dry last night with the cooler temp and wind. I bet those footballs were slick as hell. Would also explain the number of drops by both sides and the QBs having trouble with accuracy.

Content with an ugly win, but agree with Skidmark. I was alarmed that the prepared, disciplined, execution-focused team that we saw over the first half of the season looked a bit like the success had gone to their heads. They came in confident (good!) but also cocky and undisciplined.

Content with an ugly win, but agree with Skidmark. I was alarmed that the prepared, disciplined, execution-focused team that we saw over the first half of the season looked a bit like the success had gone to their heads. They came in confident (good!) but also cocky and undisciplined.
agree and hopefully that was an eye opener for them? "remember the old days guys", coaching moment

It was very dry last night with the cooler temp and wind. I bet those footballs were slick as hell. Would also explain the number of drops by both sides and the QBs having trouble with accuracy.
I was shocked at how cold it felt. I wasn't really expecting that.

i am still amazed we won this game. 8 personal fouls. 4 turnovers. horrible execution in the red zone. amazing.

eight 15 yard penalties = 120 wind sprints where i came from.

take the win; move on. every team left can beat us. they better be laser focused on ua.

Back