What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This team should still make the Rose Bowl......

USC deserves the Rose Bowl. We don't. I hate that, but it's true. We will get there someday, though. I'd MM can do what he did this year with a team of 2* and 3* players, I can't wait to see what he can do with a team of 4* players. This is just the beginning. We are in for a wild ride.

I have a problem with SC in this instance in the Rose ahead of us because teams who play in conference championships in most cases (not Florida from the last two years or last year's Trojans) should still by rewarded with an NY6 bid. Let's use a good example here-UA won the South at 10-2 in 2014, and then was routed in this game by Oregon. They lost to both USC and UCLA in league, who both went 6-3, compared to their 7-2. Arizona got a Fiesta Bowl invite, and would have played in Pasadena had the Rose not hosted a semifinal. Food for thought.

Yeah. The deserve it. But $C will jump us. At that point, $C will go. Unless UW gets screwed.
You are what your record says you are.

CU is the South Division Champ.

Neutral field CU beats U$C.

Better record. Pac-12 South division Champs.

I understand the national narrative may be different, but I know what's right. CU *should* be sniffing Roses right now if justice exists in the sport.

Ending the season by getting killed in the Rose Bowl takes away a lot of excitement . Winning big in the Alamo ends season on a good note and gives us something to reach for next year (Rose Bowl).

While the Rose Bowl is my favorite of all the bowls (now...used to be the Orange) - CU is not currently better than USC, which is what they use to determine the selection. Additionally, I am torn between whether I think CU would actually beat Michigan/Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl...or if we would fare better in the long AND short term if we went to the Alamo/Holiday bowl and actually won.

While the Rose Bowl is my favorite of all the bowls (now...used to be the Orange) - CU is not currently better than USC, which is what they use to determine the selection. Additionally, I am torn between whether I think CU would actually beat Michigan/Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl...or if we would fare better in the long AND short term if we went to the Alamo/Holiday bowl and actually won.
THIS! As much as I want the Rose Bowl, especially just to spite USC! long and short term it's better to get to a bowl and win. How long has it been since CU has won a bowl game?

Time to admit it boys, we have reached our Peter Principle. HCMM and his staff have done a great job but we should not be going to the rose bowl over USC. Alamo all the way! With thanks, and rememberence of when we were all hoping to make it to a bowl.

Deserve? Maybe, but tonight was exactly
what we couldn't afford. 95% Alamo bound
agree. we didn't help ourselves much last night. still, amazing season.

if it's Alamo, based on what i've seen.....we'll have the best D on the field by a lot...regardless of it's OSU or OU. i'm starting to warm up to the Cotton option....reputable tradition....though San Antonio is a better trip.

agree. we didn't help ourselves much last night. still, amazing season.

if it's Alamo, based on what i've seen.....we'll have the best D on the field by a lot...regardless of it's OSU or OU. i'm starting to warm up to the Cotton option....reputable tradition....though San Antonio is a better trip.
We're not jumping Wisconsin or Penn State's loser for the Cotton, that game will probably be a boring 20-17

Nothing wrong with the Alamo. The whole family is going and we're excited about it. Tough last night but it has been an incredible ride this season. I think the matchup will be better for the Buffs in the Alamo as well. Walk with your head high, Buff fans! This is only the beginning.

Just as the committee has favored the B1G all year and given USC credit for a QB change but not enough for our losses w/o Sefo, we will get jumped by USC and not get the Rose Bowl or a Cotton Bowl. Deserving or not, humans are deciding this. Ironically, probably a formula would have helped us this time, where no human would have sent the nubs ahead of us in 2001.

Michigan's a lock for the Cotton Bowl.

I'd love to **** over SC, but, injuries notwithstanding, we got drilled last night. I see no way we don't drop below SC.

An Alamo Bowl win would be a great way to end the season. Maybe not as good as the Rose Bowl, but pretty great.

Michigan's a lock for the Cotton Bowl.

I'd love to **** over SC, but, injuries notwithstanding, we got drilled last night. I see no way we don't drop below SC.

An Alamo Bowl win would be a great way to end the season. Maybe not as good as the Rose Bowl, but pretty great.
Michigan's going to the Orange bowl. The tie-ins really aren't that complicated..

Um, no. The Rose Bowl will not, and should not, consider the Buffs. Nice season and all but they are, first and foremost, about money and reputation and USC assures both after last night.

Michigan's going to the Orange bowl. The tie-ins really aren't that complicated..

Depends on who winds up playing in the Rose from the Pac 12. If it's us, yes. If it's USC, they'll go. They want to avoid a CU-Michigan rematch.

Depends on who winds up playing in the Rose from the Pac 12. If it's us, yes. If it's USC, they'll go. They want to avoid a CU-Michigan rematch.
No, the B1G champ goes to the Rose bowl (PSU/UW), unless they go to the CFP. But they're not going to the CFP unless Clemson loses.

id still like to go to the rose bowl... and it would take a lot of the sting out of last night... but i think we are Alamo Bowl Bound

Alamo is fine. Either OU or OSU have crappy defenses so the Buffs should have success.

Under the circumstances, I actually kind of like the old school Big 8 nostalgia aspect to such a game -- maybe a condition of the Alamo committee's offer should be that each team has to run at least 3 triple option plays.

I have a problem with SC in this instance in the Rose ahead of us because teams who play in conference championships in most cases (not Florida from the last two years or last year's Trojans) should still by rewarded with an NY6 bid. Let's use a good example here-UA won the South at 10-2 in 2014, and then was routed in this game by Oregon. They lost to both USC and UCLA in league, who both went 6-3, compared to their 7-2. Arizona got a Fiesta Bowl invite, and would have played in Pasadena had the Rose not hosted a semifinal. Food for thought.

Arizona had given UO its only loss of the season and that game was at Autzen. USC has that victory this year, beating UW in Seattle. We don't have any victory that is close to that good. Second, the PAC-12 South was brutal that year. Everyone finished in the Top 25, except us.

And the Fiesta Bowl had a vested interest in picking a "home" team for the game. 2014 Arizona is a bad example because they have more in common with 2016 USC than 2016 CU.

I think you can make a really solid argument either way, so really I won't be surprised with whatever happens- USC has been surging since changing QBs, and is really playing their best ball right now. They handed UW their only loss (at home, no less), and beat CU head to head as well. USC also has the prestige and $$$ factor.

On the other hand, sending USC would punish CU for playing in the CCG. Had the season ended with last week's results, CU would have been in the Rose Bowl no question. So why should last night change that at all? Moreover, USC wasn't even in a position to control their own destiny with regards to the P12S title- they had more conference losses in the regular season than CU (and a much worse loss, too). Also, anyone who watched both games would say that UW gave CU a much more solid game than they did USC.

Like I said, neither result would surprise me. FWIW, the Alamo Bowl's landing page has a big USC helmet on it right now:

upload_2016-12-3_13-24-38.png

USC should be in the Rose before us, but great if we are in.

No. USC deserves it. I love CU, but Ill never understand any fans lack of objectivity about their teams. USC is better than we are.

CU 13 - USC 17 at the Rose Bowl.

Play the game 10 times at a neutral site, what do you think the final record is? I'd say USC wins 6 or 7 of them, but they are not unequivocally light years ahead of CU.

Back