What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tourney thread- Men's b'ball at 2021 Paradise Jam (St. Thomas, V.I.; 3rd/ final game vs. Brown, Monday, 11/22, 1:15 PM MT, ESPN3)

Interesting that you bring up Dre. I was thinking more of Bey but either one fits.
Dre was the worst offender iyam. Bey is more recent, but wasn't as obviously pushing himself out of his comfort zone (because he actually had an offensive game)

Interesting that you bring up Dre. I was thinking more of Bey but either one fits.
I've not watched enough live action yet this season to say definitively...but I've always likened Jabari to more of an XJ 2.0

IMO Dre and Bey comparisons are red herrings, completely different types of players

Sorry if I missed it, but is today’s game televised? ESPN 3 or anything?

Edit- Nevermind! I just looked at the thread title.

I've not watched enough live action yet this season to say definitively...but I've always likened Jabari to more of an XJ 2.0

IMO Dre and Bey comparisons are red herrings, completely different types of players
I'm not saying they are the same players, at all. Just players going through similar phases due to NBA pressures.

Not sure about that. There may be some some overhyping going on. He's still very raw.
Who's the comp? I don't think anyone's crowning him the greatest Buff talent of all time, but among NBA talents he doesn't really fit a type that we've seen before.

I'm hoping a lot of this is just the first big away stretch, but our offense is terrible.

Foul trouble and inconsistent shooting seem to be the theme for this tournament.

Will be glad to have it in the rearview.

Add Kin, The Mayor, et al. The great ones all have total focus, give 100% every play
I was saying Burks as the most talented guy we've seen since Chauncey.

I don't see anything from Jabari to suggest he's not putting in effort. Last time out he was struggling offensively and ground out 13 boards.

I mean no one who really matches his body type and skill set.

He's kind of Wes on defense, but with the ability to guard smaller guys on the perimeter.

He's kind of XJ on offense, but with the height/length (and interest) to do a lot more with his back to the basket in the post.

And he's a very complete rebounder. Not to the level of Dre on flying in & using angles/timing - more like Bey. But much better at boxing out than either of those guys.

I mean no one who really matches his body type and skill set.

He's kind of Wes on defense, but with the ability to guard smaller guys on the perimeter.

He's kind of XJ on offense, but with the height/length (and interest) to do a lot more with his back to the basket in the post.

And he's a very complete rebounder. Not to the level of Dre on flying in & using angles/timing - more like Bey. But much better at boxing out than either of those guys.
The smooth stroke with his size is just a feature of this generation of player that was previously so uncommon.

Kee wants to do it all himself suddenly. That's not how this all works, my guy.

It's utterly maddening that we're unable to dominate an Ivy league team. Not even a good Ivy league team like you occasionally see at Princeton/Yale/Harvard. It's freaking BROWN and we're barely able to keep pace with them.

Back