What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Game Week -- Official Thread (8:30 on ESPN2)

Coaches interview from the locker room sounded like butterflies and rainbows. Need to ask the tough question about the Fake FG and legitimately ask him to be very detailed on how it is a good call, no matter what the "LOOK" was on it. It did not look like it would ever make 12 yards.
In hindsight, the fake field goal may have been the right call. We needed a TD.

Bench the entire online, pull the red shirts and start playing next year's o line. This one has cost us at least this game, and will cost us more.

No chance we make a bowl, so why not get a head start for next year

I'm amused at the amount of sky is falling nonsense I'm seeing on here tonight. This one hurts, but let's not kid ourselves-there were a fair amount of us who thought we might drop our first two games in Pac 12 play. Even me. Still haven't dropped a game we probably circled as one we needed to get to where we wanted to be-but we've gotta beat Arizona and Oregon State, and we should. That'll get us to 5-2 going into Wazzu in three weeks, and one win away from bowl eligibility with five to play. We're fine, people. Relax.

mora's teams always throw a few cheap shots. he's a douche. the only good thing i can hope for from this game is that mora lasts to next season because as long as he is coaching the bruins, they are never going to win the conference. this loss stings. dammit.

I'm amused at the amount of sky is falling nonsense I'm seeing on here tonight. This one hurts, but let's not kid ourselves-there were a fair amount of us who thought we might drop our first two games in Pac 12 play. Even me. Still haven't dropped a game we probably circled as one we needed to get to where we wanted to be-but we've gotta beat Arizona and Oregon State, and we should. That'll get us to 5-2 going into Wazzu in three weeks, and one win away from bowl eligibility with five to play. We're fine, people. Relax.

Right on, and good leadership calming everyone down.

i think we'll see 3-4 more wins. we should win the next 2. then, between cal, asu, and the chance we upset someone, there are a couple more wins out there.

the staff needs to go find some unicorns to shore up this d-line for next year.

No reason why we can't beat Cal at home.....and ASU plays three of the four ranked teams in our league before we go down there (Bye next week, Washington, at Utah, and USC). They're probably 2-6.....at best 3-5 when we go down there.

Your mommy's working out pretty nicely for me. She said to say hello, BTW.
Whoa, a "your mother" response?! Dude, did you invent that yourself? I've actually never heard anyone say that before. If you don't already have a career in the field, maybe you should do stand-up comedy.

Mac: "Exciting game....kids kept fighting.....they made plays. We're going to keep moving...,will bounce back. Had plays called back....can't make those mistakes.....got to get ready for Arizona. Kids battled....we're getting better and better and better. We're going to win a bunch of games..."
That sounds like a certain previous coach we had. maybe we just need to fix the small things

Its not that fact that we lost, its the manner in which we did it. I'm not sure why we bothered to put an o line on the field tonight, they did very little other than hold. Worst o line we've had in 10 years.

I used to bitch about montez' happy feet, but maybe there's a reason. Just hope they don't suck so hard they ingrain bad habits in him that can't be fixed.

Its not that fact that we lost, its the manner in which we did it. I'm not sure why we bothered to put an o line on the field tonight, they did very little other than hold. Worst o line we've had in 10 years.

I used to bitch about montez' happy feet, but maybe there's a reason. Just hope they don't suck so hard they ingrain bad habits in him that can't be fixed.
Maybe Stefanou knows some big ass Aussies who want to come shove some Americans around...

Mac: "Exciting game....kids kept fighting.....they made plays. We're going to keep moving...,will bounce back. Had plays called back....can't make those mistakes.....got to get ready for Arizona. Kids battled....we're getting better and better and better. We're going to win a bunch of games..."

I didn't hear Mac say "we" once. It was the "Buffs" lost, the "Buffs" made mistakes. He didn't own up to anything once. Kinda pissed me off.

We've scored a touchdown on the first drive of both of our last two games and then have scored a grand total of 19 points in the next, what, 30 offensive possessions? It seems that Lindgren has a script he follows for the first series and then either he has nothing after this or he's getting out schemed as the defense makes adjustments. Either way, this is a huge, glaring issue. I don't understand what happened to our OLine. Did Sefo really cover up for them this much last year?

Good Morning.
That sukd. Montez is not the problem.
Our WR group is overrated, they can not get seperation even when the play turns to a scramble drill, Lindsay can not do it by himself, we need another RB to come in and spell Lindsay that can run the damn ball, no pressure from the DL, OL I wont even waste my breath, you all know, Play calling was better, but when you cant stick with a run or pass game consistently it doesn't help. Worried if they keep using Montez like last night we'll have Noyer in there soon...can't constantly let Montez take some of those shots.

The captain's on this team are almost non existant. Watch them on the sidelines and they are not the ones stepping up in play either.

Overall not that disappointing, Montez was great, D held UCLA partly incheck. Obviously some deficiencies, as someone mentioned we did have an opponent who had something to do with the loss. My concern is the ‘almost there’ status. Reminds me of ‘14 and ‘15 when there were numerous games we “almost won.” (Double OT at UCLA?) Lots of games we ‘could have’ ‘should have’ won but didn’t.

Maybe we’ll get rolling next week and put this to rest, but today I have an uncomfortable feeling.Those painful years are too recent.

After sleeping on it, I am genuinely PISSED.

Players have some responsibility. Dropped TD’s, and O line not being able to block. Horrible holding call on Bobo on the TD is salt in the wound. But this one is on the offensive coaches and Mac. Defense holds UCLA to 27 points on the road. How many f’n times can we be driving and they are tired and we throw on first down and kill the drive? Unbelievable. We had them down and out when we were down 21-20 with first down on their 15. They were gassed. And we throw an incomplete pass on first down. Stupid

After sleeping on it, I am genuinely PISSED.

Players have some responsibility. Dropped TD’s, and O line not being able to block. Horrible holding call on Bobo on the TD is salt in the wound. But this one is on the offensive coaches and Mac. Defense holds UCLA to 27 points on the road. How many f’n times can we be driving and they are tired and we throw on first down and kill the drive? Unbelievable. We had them down and out when we were down 21-20 with first down on their 15. They were gassed. And we throw an incomplete pass on first down. Stupid
Does anyone actually have a good view of that call? I didn't see it live, but no replay and wasn't able to record. Not saying it was the wrong call, I just genuinely didn't see it. It was a game changing call though.

Does anyone actually have a good view of that call? I didn't see it live, but no replay and wasn't able to record. Not saying it was the wrong call, I just genuinely didn't see it. It was a game changing call though.
Thought it was bs. It looked like the db shot up the field to force Montez inside. Bobo had him by the shoulders and turned with him. Looked like textbook blocking to me.

Back