What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Utah is starting to fill Nebraska's role quite nicely

I'm working on a theory here--and it's still in its infancy, so be patient--but the teams that beat us like us, but when we beat a team, they're less friendly. I just can't quite connect the dots here, but I'm searching for a trend.

I'm not saying it's aliens...

But its Aliens!

Wake me when the BYU can top this degree of delusional rationalization:

http://www.cornnation.com/2009/8/12/986824/lawrence-phillips-after-all-these

It's more the stuff they forget, than that which they rationalize, in my opinion.

Ask any husker fan (not on this site, because we tend to batter these guys with it ceaselessly) about the "Sal" incident (documented in Sports Illustrated) or about the "oooooh, you mean that gun, yeah it's locked up in my office--didn't think you'd be interested in something like that during your felony investigation" event and they will simply have never heard of it, nor will they acknowledge it until you show them the article. And then they go right for the "when they cleared the student section of that game, it was the most awful thing I've ever seen in my life defense..."

**** corn aggie. **** the huskers forever.

It's more the stuff they forget, than that which they rationalize, in my opinion.

Ask any husker fan (not on this site, because we tend to batter these guys with it ceaselessly) about the "Sal" incident (documented in Sports Illustrated) or about the "oooooh, you mean that gun, yeah it's locked up in my office--didn't think you'd be interested in something like that during your felony investigation" event and they will simply have never heard of it, nor will they acknowledge it until you show them the article. And then they go right for the "when they cleared the student section of that game, it was the most awful thing I've ever seen in my life defense..."

**** corn aggie. **** the huskers forever.

Oh, yeah, the hidden gun article. We won't be needing this anymore.

Tyrone Williams, a senior cornerback, was charged with two felonies—unlawful discharge of a firearm and use of a weapon to commit a felony—in connection with a shooting. Police say that Williams fired two shots into a car occupied by former New York Jet safety Kevin Porter, who was in town visiting friends. Porter was not hit. After the shooting, but before Williams was charged, then-Nebraska assistant Kevin Steele was given Williams's .22 caliber revolver. Then Steele and Osborne locked the gun in a cabinet.

"When the chief of police and I learned that a gun wanted in connection with a felony shooting was in Osborne's possession when it should have been immediately turned over to the police, then you have evidence that is being withheld," Lacey says.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/1997/12/10/osborne_flashback/phillips.html

There is something seriously wrong with Utah. For a state with a population of its size to have two universities that are God's gift to the universe is simply off the charts. Seriously.

Just checking in:

I see the "Hate" for Huskers still runs deep!

One thing for sure, Utah will never replace the Huskers. Not until they consistantly put an ass whipping on the Buffs for a few years then the Buffs find a way to come out of the funk brought on by losing. And we all know that isn't going to happen. Colorado is going to pretty much own Utah.

Just checking in:

I see the "Hate" for Huskers still runs deep!

One thing for sure, Utah will never replace the Huskers. Not until they consistantly put an ass whipping on the Buffs for a few years then the Buffs find a way to come out of the funk brought on by losing. And we all know that isn't going to happen. Colorado is going to pretty much own Utah.

Shut your ****ing face, cockboy.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

To start with Sacky is right, Utah will never focus their primary attention on CU as long as BYU exist in the same state as they do. The arrogance of BYU fans comes close and in some ways is worse than that of the corn fans, amazingly since the corn have actually won something at times while BYU only has one bogus NC in their history.

Utah instead will simply have a lot of envy for CU and will be an irritation with their "Look at us." pleading, reminiscent of a little brother trying to get attention from the older, more successful, and more popular sibling.

In the end CU will find someone in the PAC to truly dislike, most likey U$C, and the Utah matchup will take on a different sense. Nobody can ever be quite as obnoxious, quite as overbearing, quite as singlemindedly (and simplemindly) focused on a bunch of 18-23 year olds (90% of whom are from other places and can't wait to get the hell out) as Nebraska.

As time passes we will develop our rivalries within the PAC but they will never be the same as our Big 8/12 rivalries. Some of those took well over 1/2 a century to build. Others were built on the dramatic separation both geographically but moreso culturally between us as the other schools. As we talked about when we switched confences we have a lot more in common with the other schools and fans in the PAC (even to a degree with Utah.) Outside of a couple of decent kNU posters that we picked up over the years and we tolerated we never even found any common ground for discussion with our old conference mates. In the short time we have been here we have already added flukes and CannedDuck to our boards (granted he bought his way in photos) and a couple of others who are interesting to say the least.

Best bet, don't try to force rivalries, don't try to make up some kind of hatred or even dislike, just let it come naturally in time and accept it for what it is and becomes. We will thankfully never have to deal with another Nebraska, although it would be nice to figure out a way to get most of them out of our state. We won't even have to deal with anybody as dumb and newfound arrogant as the KjSU fans. Our new conference doesn't include a Texas.

Let's just enjoy it for what it is.

Utah will be the last state i will want to visit, but i have heard the people there are nice with the exception of mormons and polygamists.

My experiences with Mormons have been typically positive. In fact, positive enough to make me suspect that it's more than coincidental.

Mormons are fine. Utah is a little weird, but it is loaded with talent. Seriously. The problem is that you don't know if they're religious or not.

I almost feel sorry for Utah fans. BYU fans come out of the woodwork on the scale of holier than thou Nub fans when Utah loses. So glad we only have to deal with CSU's 3 fans annually.

I almost feel sorry for Utah fans. BYU fans come out of the woodwork on the scale of holier than thou Nub fans when Utah loses. So glad we only have to deal with CSU's 3 fans annually.

Well, I never said I didn't feel sorry for them. That's really another thread.

There is something seriously wrong with Utah. For a state with a population of its size to have two universities that are God's gift to the universe is simply off the charts. Seriously.

Weber State and Utah State, right?

Utah will be the last state i will want to visit, but i have heard the people there are nice with the exception of mormons and polygamists.

Canyonlands
Arches
Lake Powell
Bryce Canyon

There are plenty of good reasons to visit Utah. And the best part is that most of them give you huge amounts of room to avoid the folks who live there.... :nod:

Weber State and Utah State, right?

Canyonlands
Arches
Lake Powell
Bryce Canyon

There are plenty of good reasons to visit Utah. And the best part is that most of them give you huge amounts of room to avoid the folks who live there.... :nod:

Moab is definitely a place to go spend a long weekend

Oh, please. Nobody has given CU that nickname. One likely-drunk dumbass using it in a poorly-written message board post is meaningless. It is fascinating to me how desperate some buffs are to fill the void Nebraska left in your bottomless chasm of hate. Some of you could find reasons to hate a puppy.

Welcome to the board not-so-cleverly-disguised Husker @$$ Hat...

I think half the smack attributed to Buff Fans on their board is from BYU d!ck hedz...

Great win. It could have easily been more lopsided the way you guys came out. I'm still not feeling the rivalry. I'm pissed that we lost obviously considering what was at stake but all I'm feeling is disappointment in the Utes play, particularly in the first half, and admiration for the Buffs effort. This may or may not become a true rivalry but I certainly don't think it's close yet. The smack talk from both sides is relatively tame.

Someone posted earlier that Utah has 2 schools that think they're God's gift to the universe. It's obvious who one of those schools is but the other certainly can't be Utah, Weber St, or USU. None of those fan bases are like that. I can't vouch for UVSU or SUU though. I don't remember ever meeting anyone from those schools.

Moab is definitely a place to go spend a long weekend

Was in Moab in the 70's, loved it. Hate to go there, place is crawling with a bunch of buy the latest model fleece and spandex wannabe cool, would be yuppies. Moab was great without the people, now it sucks unfortunately. Still some great places in that region though to go and get away from the a**holes.

Everything Ed Abbey warned about in Desert Solitaire seems to have come true.

I think half the smack attributed to Buff Fans on their board is from BYU d!ck hedz...

Probably.

I've been surprised with BYU fans. I had no idea they were such douchebags. Before, if I thought of them at all it was in terms of "Koy's brother seems nice."

Someone posted earlier that Utah has 2 schools that think they're God's gift to the universe. It's obvious who one of those schools is but the other certainly can't be Utah, Weber St, or USU. None of those fan bases are like that. I can't vouch for UVSU or SUU though. I don't remember ever meeting anyone from those schools.

Ooooooh, SUSU. It's probably those assholes. I remember them back when they were an NAIA school playing in the RMAC. And that wasn't nearly as long ago and they'd like you to think. Never liked those guys.... :lol:

Probably.

I've been surprised with BYU fans. I had no idea they were such douchebags. Before, if I thought of them at all it was in terms of "Koy's brother seems nice."

But were those BYU fans pretending to be CU fans, or UU fans pretending to be BYU fans pretending to be CU fans? You can never tell with these crazy Utahans.... :wow:

Probably.

Try living among them for a couple decades. No, on second thought don't. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. There coaches and players aren't any better than the fan base. They almost never give credit to the other team no matter how bad they lose. Coaches and players talk national championships in August. They say when they win it's because they're "living right on and off the field". They fabricate stories of players and families being drenched with cups of beer after the game (as if anyone is going to still have a full cup of beer left after a 4 hour game and then waste it on one of them).

They fabricate stories of players and families being drenched with cups of beer after the game (as if anyone is going to still have a full cup of beer left after a 4 hour game and then waste it on one of them).

How else are they going to explain to each other why they smell of beer when they leave the stadium?

Ooooooh, SUSU. It's probably those assholes. I remember them back when they were an NAIA school playing in the RMAC. And that wasn't nearly as long ago and they'd like you to think. Never liked those guys.... :lol:

But were those BYU fans pretending to be CU fans, or UU fans pretending to be BYU fans pretending to be CU fans? You can never tell with these crazy Utahans.... :wow:

I think a couple were CU fans pretending to be Nebraska fans pretending to be UU fans pretending to be BYU fans pretending to be CU fans. OK, I have a headache now!

How else are they going to explain to each other why they smell of beer when they leave the stadium?

A BYU LB actually said that after the 2008 game. Someone supposedly had a full cup of beer intact and made the drop to the field and made it through the celebration without spilling it and then threw it in his face. Cameras were all over the whole post game celebration and of course showed him making it off the field with no such drenching.

And then of course there was Max Hall's bull sh*t which he incidentally copied and pasted from comments he made about Arizona back before he transferred from ASU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvLdPk-H94Y

Back