What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

Berglund and Valor open their season against Grandview tonight. Good early season test for a team making the jump to 4A ball.

A little. Valor Christian is a very new school. They competed previously in 3A, and have moved up to 4A.
They were the 3A state champs last year, knocking the stuffing out of Steamboat Springs and its highly touted QB Austin Hinder, 41-14.

In "zero week" in Colorado High School football, you can choose an out of conference opponent to challenge yourself, see your weakness or how you stack up.
Valor and Grandview (a 5A powerhouse) played each other in zero week. Grandview won.

... Valor Christian, the undefeated Class 3A champion from a year ago now competing in 4A, against Grandview, the 2007 5A winner and annual contender...

But if you are asking about this tidbit below, I have no information.

Cameron Gray had two 62-yard touchdown runs for the Eagles, who played without quarterback Brock Berglund, the University of Colorado pledge who didn't dress.
Eagles coach Brent Vieselmeyer would only allow that Berglund "was injured" and that he "couldn't discuss it." He did say that he hopes Berglund will "be back next week."

can brock throw... this isnt a slight... i just dont know... it just seems like the more i hear he is not so much a duel threat as a one dimensional runner...

Brock's on the cusp of being rated at 4* by Rivals. He just moved up from its #13 QB to its #11 QB. ESPN also moved him up 2 spots while Scout moved him up 11 places.

Quarterback Brock Berglund's touchdown runs of 70, 66 and 68 weren't enough for the Class 4A Valor Christian Eagles as the 5A Pomona Panthers scored the winning touchdown on Nick Allen's 1-yard run with 1:34 left in a 23-18 victory Friday night.

Anyone know what his final stats were on the night? I'd really like to know his total yardage and how he did throwing!

Read more: Round up: Berglund's stellar play not enough for Valor Christian - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_16169864#ixzz10ZaMznib

Anyone know what his final stats were on the night? I'd really like to know his total yardage and how he did throwing!

Read more: Round up: Berglund's stellar play not enough for Valor Christian - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_16169864#ixzz10ZaMznib

Don't have them, but there are some prep insiders on the Rivals high school Colorado board that might help you out.
I'd bet a couple posters were at that game.
(It's not a premium board, you can make up a handle and post a thread there for free. Arguing about Valor, Mullen and Chaparral are recurring topics.)
Ask here: http://coloradoprepreport.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1011&fid=633&style=2

You used to be able to find all the details on MaxPreps, but there's nothing for that game so far.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/xKDMhFxSuE2_H-FkerVAwg/valor-christian-eagles/football/home.htm

I have no idea when the actual game was played, but I saw Valor play last night when I couldn't sleep vs. Rock Canyon, whoever the hell that is.

Berglund throws a really nice ball, and he is quite accurate throwing on the run. And he can move a bit, too. I'm really excited to see this kid in Boulder.

they played rock canyon last night and kicked the **** out of them... you prolly saw the replay on altitude

Yep, I knew it was a replay, just didn't know if the game was from last night, last week, or last year. :lol:

Is that McCaffrey kid Eddie Mac's son? He looks like he's gonna be a good RB.

Yep, I knew it was a replay, just didn't know if the game was from last night, last week, or last year. :lol:

Is that McCaffrey kid Eddie Mac's son? He looks like he's gonna be a good RB.

yep- I think Eddie Mac has two sons playing for them-

Saw some of the replay too. He looked pretty banged up, not sure why he was still in there up 31-0. He was really limping around, but he did throw a nice ball. Good motion and some zip on the ball. 200 passing yards at the half.

some video of the game you guys are talking about on youtube:

[video=youtube;eT658T62JaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT658T62JaU[/video]

some video of the game you guys are talking about on youtube:

[video=youtube;eT658T62JaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT658T62JaU[/video]

Back when I played ball, Rampart was the class of Colorado Springs in 4A. They won a ridiculous amount of division championships in a row, and I don't think we beat them (EVER) until the year after I left. Then they dumped their coach for whatever reason and now they apparently are not very good. But they still are 4A, I think. Valor competes at 3A, no?

I saw bits and pieces of it, Brock has some ability no doubt. He was taking alot of hits in the part I saw.

FYI: I moved the Mullen/HS Recruiting posts to a new thread in the pub. Let's keep this thread clean and on-topic regarding Brock.

Berglund did make his official visit to CU this weekend for the Baylor game. It was a great gameday atmosphere with family weekend and a night game.

I never really thought his commitment was solid. It seems like he settled on CU because UCLA told him they liked Hundley more.

Hundley is the guy I really wanted at QB. I just have never been enamored with Berglund, but I am not going to complain if he ends up here.

I still think the next coach needs to go after a JUCO quarterback. There are a couple guys out there that the next coach could target right away as December grads and get them here for spring practices. I know JUCO admissions can be sticky, but it is worth the risk in this situation. We need a competition in spring.

Back