What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

I like Berglund a lot if we go to a spread option type offense. If we go with something more traditional, he's going to need a lot of work before he's ready to see the field. Not much different from most HS QBs I guess.

Yeah, welcome Ryan. You'll see first hand we here aren't as bad as advertised. Just don't let your perusing time on AB get in the way of your job (like it does for most of us).

Thanks, Ryan.

You're definitely solidifying your status as our favorite guy at the Denver Post. :smile2:

Awesome news on Brock!!!

:gobuffs:

Adam continues to do amazing work on the Rivals BuffStampede.com site.

He brought us another update on Brock Berglund today, re-inforcing how committed Brock is to the Buffs. Link

Here's the quoted section that really stood out to me. Mike Bohn really deserves a lot of credit here:

Berglund acquired Mike Bohn's cell phone number and he gave Colorado's athletic direction a call last Tuesday, the same day it was announced that Hawkins was being fired.

"During the midst of a crazy day, for Mr. Bohn to take out an hour of his day to talk to a recruit, that was reassuring to me," Berglund said. "[CU offensive coordinator and quarterbacks] coach [Eric] Kiesau was also pretty instrumental in re-assuring his vision and what my role will be there in the future."

Have a good feeling about this guys future here, seen him play a few games on tv. I like what he has to offer.

Here's a little more from Brock: Blog

Meaningful quote from your blog that I think could be trouble: I don’t remember much of the (Bill) McCartney days, because I was 2 when he left.
And this coming from a kid that is a CU fan. I know he is a closer, but his history aint going to mean much to these kids. As a side note, I feel old now.

Meaningful quote from your blog that I think could be trouble: I don’t remember much of the (Bill) McCartney days, because I was 2 when he left.
And this coming from a kid that is a CU fan. I know he is a closer, but his history aint going to mean much to these kids. As a side note, I feel old now.

which is the troubling part...the kids dont know mac or you are getting old

My thought behind the Mac and EB thing is that EB coached AP and if he approaches you saying you have a shot to be the next AP, that's a huge boost for the kid and could get the power running game back. Just my $0.02

I'm sure Mac isn't stupid enough to think a kid is going to come to CU because of who he used to be. Give Mac just a little bit of credit here. :lol:

Berglund absolutely stole the show in the 4A Championship.

University of Colorado-bound quarterback Brock Berglund was electric, tossing pinpoint bullets downfield at will while regularly escaping the Farmers' pass rush to transform potential sacks into positive yardage. The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder threw for 280 yards and three touchdowns and ran for 122 and another TD.

Read more: Valor Christian levels Wheat Ridge 38-8 for 4A title - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_16776598#ixzz17DSNu0Hr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

:gobuffs:

"I love it in Boulder and I've grown up a CU fan and thats where I'm going to school." God, I just love it! This kid looks like the real deal. He's got size, speed, athleticism, and a great arm. I can't wait to see him develop. What kind of offense will JE and EB build around him, if he progresses like we all hope?

"I love it in Boulder and I've grown up a CU fan and thats where I'm going to school." God, I just love it! This kid looks like the real deal. He's got size, speed, athleticism, and a great arm. I can't wait to see him develop. What kind of offense will JE and EB build around him, if he progresses like we all hope?

They like the west coast offense principles. I'd expect to see a lot of the Shannahan offense that rolls the QB out on a lot of waggle plays and focuses on a 1-cut and go running game. Also uses a fullback. Run based, but also big numbers for WRs and the TE. Efficiency at a premium.

According to a note posted by Ryan Casey, prep editor for the Post, over at Rivals (colo preps board)

Embree is meeting with Berglund to introduce himself today.

Smart move by both.
javascript:window.open('rfFan.asp?User=2071921');void('');

Brock did meet with Embrrrito today. Looks like he's sticking with us. One worry is that he still hasn't met with his QB coach.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1163748

"It was cool to be the first recruit that he met with," said Berglund. "Coach Embree is a good guy. He doesn't even have a house in Colorado yet but it was good having him come down here to talk with me at the school and come by to have dinner with my family. That was an honor. … I think we have a lot of things in common and he is a great guy. He really wants great things for CU."

:thumbsup:

Did you guys do a football prospect ranking for Colorado in the DP? Like a Top 25 senior prospects. If not, that would be a very cool thing to get going.

That's a really good idea, and something that I'll bring up this spring/early summer.

Back