What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

I find it funny that fans now are really happy with CB recruiting...we have nothing as of right now. Not that I'm a football recruiting guru obviously...but I don't feel comfortable with Crawley or Wright at all - I'm hopeful, but confident...no.

Brown did pull in Jagne I believe, so props to him on that. I do think more **** has been thrown his way than warranted though on these boards. No, he's not the best recruiter, but he is putting in his work.

I find it funny that fans now are really happy with CB recruiting...we have nothing as of right now. Not that I'm a football recruiting guru obviously...but I don't feel comfortable with Crawley or Wright at all - I'm hopeful, but confident...no.

Brown did pull in Jagne I believe, so props to him on that. I do think more **** has been thrown his way than warranted though on these boards. No, he's not the best recruiter, but he is putting in his work.

You're not gonna get them if you don't try, and trying hard we are. I think the effort is what everybody is happy with. We do need to land at least 2 of the 4 big time corners we are hot on right now though.

I'm pretty sure Kanavis was the main recruiter for Jagne.

Brown aint a big time recruiter, but he seems to be attempting to do his part. Lets hope he can close us some Wright/Crawley.

Had a great conversation with Yuri and Sherrard tonight at halftime he sounded like he was really enjoying his visit. Of course I finished it off with "Be a Buff Yuri" some may remember last time I did that was with Xavier Johnson... Just sayin.

Last edited:
331193692.jpg

Yuri's fb status:

"Pretty boring night last night out here in colorado headed home in a couple of hours can't wait to get back..."

Hmmm

That sucks UNLESS he is just trying to throw people off and he is really Colorado-bound. Not likely but trying to be optimistic. But if he is not interested after his OV than we are not the team for him.

"yeah last night was the worst night man nig**** aint do sh*t and that was my last night here...."

From his Twitter. Well.... Not exactly what we were hoping to here.... Maybe we should hire Barnett back as a recruiting coordinator...:thumbsup:

"yeah last night was the worst night man nig**** aint do sh*t and that was my last night here...."

From his Twitter. Well.... Not exactly what we were hoping to here.... Maybe we should hire Barnett back as a recruiting coordinator...:thumbsup:

Wow. That is a laughably bad response. But why did they not do anything? Isn't that supposed to be arranged by someone?

Who knows what will happen in the end, but if he does not end up in Boulder, we likely did not want him anyway.

Who knows what will happen in the end, but if he does not end up in Boulder, we likely did not want him anyway.

I think he will be a good enough player that we will have wanted him here if he doesn't come. That said if we lose him is isn't like losing a stud QB or RB or DT. Corners are very important but we still look to be in on a number of guys who could and should be very good players. Outside of a very few the difference in impact on a game between one good corner and another isn't as great as it is at other positions.

Rios, Crawley, even Lewis look like guys who could make us not miss Yuri along with Henderson and a couple of the other young guys we already have, assuming they come back from injury.

I want Yuri to be a Buff and still hope he will be. That said if we get some of the other guys we are after his loss wouldn't be as great as losing a guy like Solis or Dillon.

Back