What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

I know this is opening a can of worms but given we just got KC I wonder if we back off Wright now. Given the concerns about his character and now that we have a 4* CB coming in, and we have only a few spaces left, maybe we move on?

Doubtful. We need depth at DB. Bad. We all saw the mess it was this season when our starters went down. CU cant afford to pass up talent like this in the secondary

I know this is opening a can of worms but given we just got KC I wonder if we back off Wright now. Given the concerns about his character and now that we have a 4* CB coming in, and we have only a few spaces left, maybe we move on?

Yuri needs to pull the trigger, but it looks like it's going to drag until NSD. There's definitely an argument to be made for signing Solomon and/or Lewis and moving on. Of course, there's also the argument to be made that when you're down to the wire on a top 50 prospect you don't fold your hand. I say we stick around to see the cards.

No way. Package these guys. We need all the talent we can get here,

This idea, it is ****ing terrible. You need to back away from the computer. Yuri needs to come here. Do you know what kind of offenses are there in this conference?

No way do you drop Yuri now. We need talent and depth at DB. Pac 12 quarterbacks aren't going to intercept their own passes for us.

Nope. They have the room for him and it was never an either or situation. I would love to see CU be in the position to pick and choose among 4 * players...but we are not there yet. I think some people are over reacting to Yuri's situation. People seem to forget that PRich was in some trouble coming out of HS as did Scotty McKnight. It is up to the coaches to evaluate the character - if the staff does not have concerns then I do not.

Bring him in, cu will get trashed by the media in denver and the scumbags to our north but they do that already anyway.

Really? You must like those worms... We are so loaded on defense now, that we don't need one of the best prospects in the country? Or are you saying that we should condemn a 17 year old because of something he said? Even if he had engaged in something hateful or violent-filled (which he didn't), should he be prevented from atoning for his mistake?

Back to reality, I wish Yuri the best. It has got to be really difficult to be in the public eye, at such an early age. I like to think that at CU we support individuals and don't just see someone as stat-machines or pieces on a chess board or as potentials risks because they might say something not pc.

CU offers Yuri a fresh start and a chance to develop his full potential, as an athlete and a man.

If the coaches want him and believe that he will qualify of course you take him. These coaches have been working with him and with the people around him for at least a year now, I would hope that they have a better idea what his real character is like and will know if this twitter stuff is representative of who he really is or if it is out of character and the mistake of a young guy still in HS.

Yuri has the talent to do some speciall things at CU. Put him and Crawley at the corners and if they are as good as we think they are they let the defense do some special things. Lock down the outside recievers and you free up other players to be very agressive and to do things that are very confusing to offenses.

All Crawley's commitment does is soften the blow if we miss out on Wright. We are trying to build quality depth at a vital position.

All Crawley's commitment does is soften the blow if we miss out on Wright. We are trying to build quality depth at a vital position.

That's not all it does. Crawley's commitment is huge. Regardless of Yuri's decision we will still need Crawley early and with his skill set and attributes, Brownie will develop him into an awesome DB. Can't wait to see him play!

That's not all it does. Crawley's commitment is huge. Regardless of Yuri's decision we will still need Crawley early and with his skill set and attributes, Brownie will develop him into an awesome DB. Can't wait to see him play!

I should have stated it a little better. I was talking about Crawley's commitment in relation to Wright. Obviously Crawley is a monster pickup in his own right.

I should have stated it a little better. I was talking about Crawley's commitment in relation to Wright. Obviously Crawley is a monster pickup in his own right.

Oh ok, definitely agree then. Maybe this will give us a little momentum to pick up a few other big recruits, including Wright!

Last I checked, you need 2 CB's on the field at once. KC and Yuri our two corners for 4 years. Maybe they can take turns winning the thorpe award like LSU has been doing!!!:thumbsup:

The great thing is that hese two (Yuri and Kenneth) would probably be 4 year starters. Not only that but next year after we win a bowl game and recruits are clamoring to get to CU we can redshirt some db's and finally start getting back to the balance we need to have. Idk what hawk's aversion to DB's was but it really hurt us.

The great thing is that hese two (Yuri and Kenneth) would probably be 4 year starters. Not only that but next year after we win a bowl game and recruits are clamoring to get to CU we can redshirt some db's and finally start getting back to the balance we need to have. Idk what hawk's aversion to DB's was but it really hurt us.

Great pick up in KC and hopefully Wright too, but lets not forget we do have talented DB's that never saw the field (and one or two that did) last year due to injury: Bell, Harrington, Henereson.

Bottom line we need all the talent we can get to develop some depth at the position and ensure we remain stocked at this critical position.

Great pick up in KC and hopefully Wright too, but lets not forget we do have talented DB's that never saw the field (and one or two that did) last year due to injury: Bell, Harrington, Henereson.

Bottom line we need all the talent we can get to develop some depth at the position and ensure we remain stocked at this critical position.

It's hard to have to many quality DBs in a conference like the PAC12. If a guy can play he can get playing time even with other talented players there.

Thats all I was really getting at. I know Harrington has got some skills, and it was rough seeing him sidelined this whole season with that hip injury. Henderson looked great out there at times as a true freshman. A class with Walker, Yuri, and Crawley immediately gives us a solid two deep at CB

Heard a rumor that he may commit to CU on Wednesday (slightly more concrete/reliable than a BCS rumor)... anyone else hearing this?

Heard a rumor that he may commit to CU on Wednesday (slightly more concrete/reliable than a BCS rumor)... anyone else hearing this?

If you follow the Yuri thread over at BuffStampede (where a guy who is particularly close to Yuri posts), the rumors are all over the place and changing by the day.

This one we won't know until Feb. 1.

Terrible article. Parents went to Auburn so i follow auburn recruiting very closely. Trustworthy auburn insiders have adamantly been saying that goldman, diggs, and darby favor auburn. I wouldn't read too much into any of those predictions.

Heard from Bbads who heard from someone else that Yuri gave Brownie a commitment last week, but your are supposed to call the head coach to officially commit. Embo was expecting a call from him today and didn't get one..

Who knows whats going on with Yuri..

Heard from Bbads who heard from someone else that Yuri gave Brownie a commitment last week, but your are supposed to call the head coach to officially commit. Embo was expecting a call from him today and didn't get one..

Who knows whats going on with Yuri..
You know what? He just needs to commit somewhere and go with it. Making career decisions can be a mother. Some people like to "make the decision" in their minds just to see if they get buyer's remorse. Most of us have done it with jobs.

Back