What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Phillip Lindsay (Signed to Colorado)

He looks pretty good, the way a mid-range 3* athlete should look. He seems to have a pretty fluid running motion, although it is hard to tell what kind of cutback ability he has from the highlights. He has good speed, but seems to lack that top gear to be a true home run threat at the next level (competition level is not great so he should be running away from everyone).

He eased a lot of my concerns (like that matters:smile2:), just not sure he is a RB at the next level. If he does stay at RB, I will be interested to see his role.

He looks pretty good, the way a mid-range 3* athlete should look. He seems to have a pretty fluid running motion, although it is hard to tell what kind of cutback ability he has from the highlights. He has good speed, but seems to lack that top gear to be a true home run threat at the next level. He eased a lot of my concerns (like that matters:smile2:), just not sure he is a RB at the next level.

I think he will be a RB although he may be a situational back, not a full time workhorse. If he goes to DB that ability to burst even while running full speed will serve him well there as well. In terms of the cutback, it looked like for the most part he didn't show it because he never needed to. I wonder how he will show in camps this summer against better quality athletes than he faced in his league.

I think he will be a RB although he may be a situational back, not a full time workhorse. If he goes to DB that ability to burst even while running full speed will serve him well there as well. In terms of the cutback, it looked like for the most part he didn't show it because he never needed to. I wonder how he will show in camps this summer against better quality athletes than he faced in his league.

I think that's why he looks like a work horse to me. He hits the hole and he hits it hard. Embree wants to be a power running team, and if Lindsay puts on a few more pounds and keeps his speed, he (along with Payne) can be that power back that runs hard between the tackles. Get your four yards and line it up to do it again. Someone like Abron can be the home run threat/change of pace guy.

I think that's why he looks like a work horse to me. He hits the hole and he hits it hard. Embree wants to be a power running team, and if Lindsay puts on a few more pounds and keeps his speed, he (along with Payne) can be that power back that runs hard between the tackles. Get your four yards and line it up to do it again. Someone like Abron can be the home run threat/change of pace guy.

I hope you are right.

They are badly in need of my opinion though because E.B. doesn't know anything about RBs.:rofl:

The only real concern I have after watching the highlights is his height. Does not seem like he is a legit 5'10" to me, but maybe that changes by the time he steps on to campus.

As far as RB recruiting overall, I still would like to see us go all in for a blue chip this cycle.

The only real concern I have after watching the highlights is his height. Does not seem like he is a legit 5'10" to me, but maybe that changes by the time he steps on to campus.

As far as RB recruiting overall, I still would like to see us go all in for a blue chip this cycle.

I am hoping that we can get that potential superstar guy as well. With EB and his connections and reputation and the type of system that Embree has said he wants to run it makes a lot of sense for the kid. A chance to be coached by an NFL type staff and prepared for the pro game.

We also need the splash name to get the attention of the linemen we need to recruit to succeed.

One thing to consider is that Phillip is playing both ways for an average 5A school. He will excel once he picks a position and stays there.

He plays smart and I think he'll be very valuable to CU no matter where he plays.

He shows the ability to be a good RB or S.

As a RB: he runs hard, shows good vision, good 1st cut and decent speed and elusiveness. He'll probably play at closer to 200 to 210 which is a good size.

As a Safety: good decision making, diagnosing the play, closing speed and good tackling ability.

I hadn't seen his stats listed anywhere, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything.

I found these on denver post's website.

Rushing
Phillip Lindsay1921,7629.26713

Receiving
Phillip Lindsay1017717.7493

His team went 6-4 and likely would be a 2 or 3 win team without him. If he were playing at Mullen, I think we'd be talking about a 4star, 10 offer type player.

Like I said before, once he is able to ONLY play RB, I think he'll have even more burst and straight line speed. He seems like a good RB to have in our system.

BUT we need some guys to block for him!!!! Can we please get some blue chip OL in here ASAP!?!?!

Jaximus, I get what you are saying about him at Mullen, but one of the reasons he would possibly be more highly recruited there is that it would be better competition.

Jaximus, I get what you are saying about him at Mullen, but one of the reasons he would possibly be more highly recruited there is that it would be better competition.

I hear ya. He had some decent numbers against better teams. I looked up the top 3 teams he played.

Lakewood was 2nd in 5A and his stats were:
AttemptsYardsYards/AttemptLongTD

Against Bear Creek

Denver East
His numbers were pretty gaudy against lower competition. But I find it impressive that he still put up good numbers against good teams that had much more talent than the team he was on.

He was impressive in his Sophomore year highlight, but his Junior year looked much more impressive. I think we are lucky that many other schools hadn't jumped on him. And of course I'm always rooting for the kids who stay at a DPS school rather than transferring to a Creek, Valor or Mullen.

Whichever side of the ball he ends up on, I can see him contributing on special teams as a return man as well.

The thing that stood out most to me is that even lacking a top gear like BB has said he still seemed to have enough of a burst to accelerate away from groups of tacklers at the end of a run. Also i like how he does not shy away from contact. That would be useful in the type of scheme we want to run. Also the int I saw along with the passes he caught show me how good his hands are which is also a big plus for this kid. If he turns out to be a legitimate 5'10 - 5'11 and can hang around 190-200 while maintaining his speed, he could be very special. Glad to have him

Attended the BC., South game and Lindsey looks to be every bit an every down back, Lindsey could start for any highschool in Co.The other kid that stood out in the game was Jake Bennet he just stays after it all game great motor on that kid.

Last edited:
Attended the BC. South game and Lindsey looks to be every bit an every down back, Lindsey could start for any highschool in Co.The other kid that stood out in the game was Jake Bennet he just stays after it all game.

Lindsey = :thumbsup:

"the BC" = seriously? Bear Creek?

I used BC. for Bear Creek because my neighbors kids attend Bear Creek and they call it BC.
tumblr_kssqbaGLke1qz50dao1_500.jpg

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this commit and really want to see how he does his senior year.

I'm psyched about this kid. There was a 3 game stretch late in his junior season where he ran for 756 yards on only 51 carries, and had 7 touchdowns. I don't care what competition you're playing against, that is spectacular. I also saw that he was the #1 rated in-state running back by Rivals and the #4 player overall. Regarding the comments about his speed, I thought he looked incredibly fast in his junior film - no one was even coming close to catching him from behind. Welcome to the Buffs, Phillip!

I'm psyched about this kid. There was a 3 game stretch late in his junior season where he ran for 756 yards on only 51 carries, and had 7 touchdowns. I don't care what competition you're playing against, that is spectacular. I also saw that he was the #1 rated in-state running back by Rivals and the #4 player overall. Regarding the comments about his speed, I thought he looked incredibly fast in his junior film - no one was even coming close to catching him from behind. Welcome to the Buffs, Phillip!
Well, that's one way to fire me up. Go Buffs!

You know a lot more about recruiting than I do, BB, so I'll start with that. But, doesn't the fact he has Denver South kids blocking for him count for something? Denver South always sucked at anything athletic when I was in school. And their record without him is what is usually expected from DS.

You know a lot more about recruiting than I do, BB, so I'll start with that. But, doesn't the fact he has Denver South kids blocking for him count for something? Denver South always sucked at anything athletic when I was in school. And their record without him is what is usually expected from DS.

No doubt that matters. He is a good athlete who has potential at the next level, just like any other mid 3* prospect. Nothing wrong with those players, you need them on your team as well as the blue chips.

Plus his junior film is a big step up from his sophomore film. It was hard to see why we offered him so early based on the sophomore film, not so much with the junior film. He can be a nice complementary back or a DB at the next level.

Early 3* on 247 Sports. His rating might fluctuate quite a bit between the different services.

I tend to think that EB might know a little bit about evaluating RBs. You can never tell, at least I can't, but just looking at the development from his soph. year to his jr. year he may be one of those kids who blows up developing into a guy who everyone wants by the end of his senior season. He already looks good but EB may see more in him.

I tend to think that EB might know a little bit about evaluating RBs. You can never tell, at least I can't, but just looking at the development from his soph. year to his jr. year he may be one of those kids who blows up developing into a guy who everyone wants by the end of his senior season. He already looks good but EB may see more in him.

From a culture standpoint, Lindsay's a great fit too. Tough as nails and loves football.

Back