What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

Seems like a great kid who is looking for a reason to stay in Colorado and just not getting one right now. He's good enough that he is going to have plenty of options right up till signing day so I hope he doesn't commit to somebody else and lock in. I'd like him to at least give us a chance to get a new coach and listen to what the new HC has to offer.

Despite the disaster that we have become this year this team has some solid young talent. With the right coach coming in this program has the prospect of getting better fairly fast. TE is a spot where there will be an opportunity to be a part of the next generation of Buffs and a part of the rebirth of a winner.

This kid wants to be a Buff. Can't blame him for questioning the current staff. IF the admin makes a correct decision to replace Embo with a capable coach and staff, we may be able to keep him. He can be our next great Buff TE.

This kid wants to be a Buff. Can't blame him for questioning the current staff. IF the admin makes a correct decision to replace Embo with a capable coach and staff, we may be able to keep him. He can be our next great Buff TE.

+1. Would love to have you stick with us Mitch, but completely understand your situation.

I don't even think Embree has to go. Embree should be a heck of a guy to learn from for TE. He coached TE's in the NFL so he has to know what he is doing in that regards. I think Mitch should take a look at what we are doing by the end of the year from a offensive stand point. I still think Embree and Eric B. are going to get things figured out from an offensive play calling stand point.

I don't even think Embree has to go. Embree should be a heck of a guy to learn from for TE. He coached TE's in the NFL so he has to know what he is doing in that regards. I think Mitch should take a look at what we are doing by the end of the year from a offensive stand point. I still think Embree and Eric B. are going to get things figured out from an offensive play calling stand point.

I'm not sure Embree has the time to focus on coaching the TE's right now.

I'm not sure Embree has the time to focus on coaching the TE's right now.

Brookhart has a fantastic track record with WRs from his days at Pitt (Larry Fitzgerald, et al). Our TEs are fortunate to have a guy like him teaching them on top of what Embree brings to the position.

Brookhart has a fantastic track record with WRs from his days at Pitt (Larry Fitzgerald, et al). Our TEs are fortunate to have a guy like him teaching them on top of what Embree brings to the position.

I get the feeling that you're not talking to us but rather someone else. You sneaky snake. :lol:

Hey, at least he still is calling himself a CU commit and has Folsom as his Twitter background ... :huh:
Background altered. Hope he sticks with the Buffs, lots of opportunities for a talented TE to come in and contribute right away. He'd probably be in the two-deep right now if he were a true freshman. With the QBs we have coming in, someone at TE is going to get alot of catches.

He has removed the Folsom background from his Twitter page and any CU reference from his short bio.

"D1 bound" is what he says there

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Verbal to Colorado)

Yup hasn't looked good for a few weeks

He had to like seeing the fight today, the win, and the way our TEs were used. Thornton, Slavin and Kasa all had big parts in this victory.

It's O.K. to rethink things after those losses but bottom line is Embree is going to churn out quality TE's who are Pro Ready whenever he can get one with some skill. He wants to use you and his terminology is likely NFL quality. The only thing not to like is the current record. I guarantee we will be better next year. P.Rich back, Crawley and Yuri with experience. OL with more experience. Jones and Powell with more experience. I really think next year is the year to talk bowl game.

I like what we are doing at TE. Not worried. Would like to have Mitch at home, representing his home state, leading the program, black and gold back in the right direction but if not... the sun will come up, and we will find some good players to take on the position.

I'm not 100% sure. I hope so, but we will still essentially be missing 1 and 1/2 empty classes. This year has convinced me more that ever that our only talent exists a in the freshman and soph (to a lesser extent)classes. Come next year the experience the sophomores have will be our greatest attribute, and we'll stil have to play freshman. It will be a tough one, but we'll be better than this year. 2014 is the first year I think we really compete for something important.

I'm not 100% sure. I hope so, but we will still essentially be missing 1 and 1/2 empty classes. This year has convinced me more that ever that our only talent exists a in the freshman and soph (to a lesser extent)classes. Come next year the experience the sophomores have will be our greatest attribute, and we'll stil have to play freshman. It will be a tough one, but we'll be better than this year. 2014 is the first year I think we really compete for something important.

I've watched all four games and there isn't a single doubt in my mind that the most talented class on the team is the freshmen class. Crawley, Tupou, Solis, Wright, Mosley and Thomas have talent in bunches, the best talent the team has recruited since Barnett. Give the freshmen class some experience and they have the ability to take us to a bowl game.

I think an entire year with Webb in the system is going to really help him. I don't see him losing the position next year but if he does that means Dillon or Sefu are better than average already. The OL should be better, the DB's will be better, the DL should be better. WR's should be better. Everything pts to a much better team next year accept maybe at LB where we will likely be a little worse.

We should have 6 winnable games on our schedule next year if WSU was an indicator of the quality of team we are now.

Back