What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

We should have 6 winnable games on our schedule next year if WSU was an indicator of the quality of team we are now.

I see 8 (OOC - CSU, Central Arkansas, Fresno / Conference home Cal, Arizona, Oregon, SC / Conference road ASU, OSU, Utah, UCLA, UW)

(bold games, obviously, are the ones where I think we´ll have little to no chance)

Let's get some wins this year before we start counting next year. Was a huge sign though that the team didn't just fold after Fresno.

If I were Parsons after the first three games I would be questioning my desire to go to CU as well. I think how the team responded this week should send a strong signal that CU is still a solid choice for his future.

Ive heard Parsons is doing alot when it comes to recruiting other kids. :thumbsup: Love to hear that

I was ay the Pomona game last FRIDAY. Parsons is the real deal. Blocking and receiving are solid. He does have the frame to get bigger.

I hope the commit sticks.

Well, at least Vanderbilt has the same record. 1-3. Plus, their depth chart is stacked with young talent at TE.

Good school and all, but if he's worried about team performance while he's at the school, Vandy is definitely a strange choice. Their ceiling is pretty low in the SEC

Good school and all, but if he's worried about team performance while he's at the school, Vandy is definitely a strange choice. Their ceiling is pretty low in the SEC

Agreed. Also, looking at their schedule, there is a very good chance that we end up with a better conference record. All of their winnable SEC games are on the road.

Oh man, that is one of my least favorite tweets ever.

As a graduate of Chap, I have been very excited to see such talent emerge from the school lately. Can't blame Mitch for questioning his choice, but I went out of state and it did not take me very long to realize that CO is the place to be.

Maybe (if he does choose to head to Vandy/UW) in a couple years when the Buffs are top 4 in the Pac, he will come home and help contribute to the success.

Go Buffs (and Wolverines)!

As a graduate of Chap, I have been very excited to see such talent emerge from the school lately. Can't blame Mitch for questioning his choice, but I went out of state and it did not take me very long to realize that CO is the place to be.

Maybe (if he does choose to head to Vandy/UW) in a couple years when the Buffs are top 4 in the Pac, he will come home and help contribute to the success.

What year did you graduate?

Vogt has turned that team around though. Great to see

Miracle in Michigan. '94. One team go.

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Verbal to Colorado)

Miracle in Michigan. '94. One team go.

Chaparral Wolverines, [redacted]

Slider, saw that to, chuckled

Stay home Mitch. Get coached and mentored by a great Buff and help build something special in Boulder.

Last edited:
After watching Embree after the win on Saturday, how do you not want to be a part of the rebuilding? I doubt there is another coach in the nation that genuinely cares about their program like JE.

I doubt he considers Vandy seriously. Looks like more of a statement of "hey I got offered by a SEC school!" for other schools to take note of.

Parsons is a smart kid and a great athlete. He shows the size/speed/athleticism combo that translates into a potential NFL talent. He obviously has a soft spot for CU, but he has to look out for #1. The ball is in CU's court to screw this one up.

If you guys think he'd go to Vanderbilt with the intention to become an NFL TE you'd all most likely be wrong.

That does scared me that they offered him though. I sense a Stanford offer sometime soon if they aren't full of TEs. If Stanford were to offer I'd venture to say he's gone. That offense is built around a strong line, a stable of backs and good TEs. I also don't think that coaching staff is going anywhere soon, except perhaps the league.

If you guys think he'd go to Vanderbilt with the intention to become an NFL TE you'd all most likely be wrong.

That does scared me that they offered him though. I sense a Stanford offer sometime soon if they aren't full of TEs. If Stanford were to offer I'd venture to say he's gone. That offense is built around a strong line, a stable of backs and good TEs. I also don't think that coaching staff is going anywhere soon, except perhaps the league.

That's the spirit! Wait! What?

We just need to show him that CU has a future and he can be a part of it. When we were 0-3 and scraping ourselves off the turf at Fresno anyone with some sense would have been at least considering re-evaluating CU as a future decision.

The WSU showed that Embree still has the ear of the players and that with the young talent we have the future of this program can be bright. We need to perform the rest of the season to show that we are the program that played WSU, not the one that showed up in Fresno. Doesn't mean we win a bunch of games but we compete and improve.

If we can do that I think Parsons will be a Buff and in a few years be very glad he decided to be part of the Buffs.

Does AllBuffs try to track the lead recruiter for each recruit? Just saw an update on Parsons were the lead recruiter becomes a point of interest.

Back