What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

No idea,but someone will take it. At 27-35 Christensen didn't set the bar very high
Didn't realize DC wasn't above .500. They have done pretty well up there with DC IMO. They keep looking for the next Joe Tiller, guess I don't blame them.

Wyoming is an attractive job to whom?

Hasn't happened recently but for a while Wyoming had a reputation as a great stepping stone job. It was a place you could come in and turn a losing team into a winner getting yourself a better job offer in the process.

Lots of guys looking for a HC job have a lot of confidence in themselves and figure that if somebody did it before at a school they can do it as well.

In fact Wyoming isn't in that bad a spot. They have been able to recruit kids there, get good support although it's limited by the lack of population. The MWC is in a degree of turmoil. Boise looks to be sliding back and may lose their coach. I can't see Fresno keeping their coach if they keep winning and SJSU has historically been horrible, most teams revert to who they are.

If some guy thinks that he has to make the move or spend the rest of his career as a coordinator he will jump for a Wyoming job. Consider that Wyoming has a more successfuly history than CSU does and CSU manages to find coaches. . . . As does New Mexico, San Diego State, etc.

Sark had interviewed for the usc job per espns "sources" oh please let that happen

An update is in order. Nebraska will keep the Alpha nose, so my expectation that both of the flying Pelini brothers would be beating the pavement this year will not come true. Galen Muschamp appears safe, as does Dan Mullen. The only big time job that may come open is UT. Of course, the premium pac 12 job is USC.

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Names: Jeff Brohm
USC: Kiffin Fired Names: Franklin? Sark? Del Rio?
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired

of interest: Kevin Sumlin gets a 6 year extension, Fat Charlie stays on at KU, Hauck signs an extension at UNLV.

Props to Slider in another thread, but Sark to $C is picking up steam. If so, then UW becomes an unwilling rider on the Carousel....we'll see.

EDIT: apparently official, according to Junc, who is rarely if ever, wrong.

Last edited:
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C

Looks like many $C fans not happy with what they see as Kiffin 2.0, without the hot wife.

sark is a much better coach than kiffin. and, he works and plays MUCH better with others. and, they will put a killer staff around him. and, he's a great recruiter and knows usc well.

while i agree that his record at uw isn't blindingly great, remember the hole that they were in, going winless just a few years ago. they were nearly as outgunned as the Buffs are now.

and, usc is a helluva lot easier place to build around a coach than uw. to harken back to skippy neu's comments about CU when he left to go to uw, usc has vast resources at their disposal, far more than uw (not that uw is a slouch, just that usc is in a class of their own).

i'm not super-surprised by the hire-- we will see how he does.

I'd be shocked if Mora went to UW. That's a lateral move at best, and to a conference foe.

Last edited:
Didn't Mora get fired from Atlanta shortly after declaring that UW was his dream job?
I am hoping he goes back to UW, UCLA is currently a recruiting monster.
Also, whoever coaches USC should recruit well. From a Buff perspective, which is the only perspective, Sarkisian is a decent hire. I think Franklin would have been worse for the Buffs.

USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C

Things are picking up....a little surprised at Grobe, nice catch OBowl.

Back