What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Wyoming: According to the Denver Post, Colorado School of Mines head coach Bob Stitt is interested in the Wyoming job.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

From the same link:

New Mexico State: Defensive line coach Romeo Bandison will not return.
I wasn't saying wyo. could not get a coach,just doubtful they would get anyone better than DC. Hopefully they will prove me wrong. Also, Illini HC Beckman returns. I would have thought he was a likely job seeker too.....

I wasn't saying wyo. could not get a coach,just doubtful they would get anyone better than DC. Hopefully they will prove me wrong. Also, Illini HC Beckman returns. I would have thought he was a likely job seeker too.....

I know. I just thought it was important that we talk about Bob Stitt this offseason.

I'd be shocked if Mora went to UW. That's a lateral move at best, and to a conference foe.

That was my initial thought too but I also didn't realize until I read in the USC coaching thread that UW is his dream job, or at least it was at one time. Another thing is I was listening to a national radio show today and they were saying how UCLA football program has some limitations around it due to a lack of support from the university.

Mora making a decision tonight on whether to leave ucla for uw. Wow. Shocked hes even considering.

Mora making a decision tonight on whether to leave ucla for uw. Wow. Shocked hes even considering.

In addition to mora's ties, uw wants to win in football and ucla is ambivalent. Ucla will have to pay big boy money to keep him and they have never been willing to do that in football. Maybe this time is different.

UCLA is a basketball school. I guess Mora has to decide whether to enjoy the easy recruiting but tepid admin/fan support in LA or go to his alma mater with more challenging recruiting but very strong admin/fan support.

Tedford rumored to be #1 candidate for Wyo. I think Wristen would be a decent hire for them

this would suck for us. This is who I wanted when they brought in Embree, and was on his fence when we hired MacII (not now of course, Love Mac). This dude can flat out coach and find talent.

Can't coach well enough to beat M2's former team. M2 >>> DeRuyter.

Why doesn't fUCLA go back to Tricky Ricky? He could then recruit 3 QB's, 8 WR's, 4 smallish, but very fast RB's and some of those other guys every recruiting class.

I read somewhere that Washington's top two targets are Nussmeier and Mora

Those two plus Wilcox are on their Scout board's hot list right now. Chris Petersen was in the conversation yesterday, but now there's no mention, not sure what happened there.

They're all about Mora right now. UCLA's board is hoping/reporting that Mora's just leveraging more money out of UCLA.

Apparently Wilcox has a big buyout if he goes to another Pac12 school(USC), so they're not sure how that will factor in to him following Sarkisian to USC.

If it's between Wilcox and Nussmeier for HC, Nuss would have the edge. Apparently many feel that Wilcox might not have the personality to deal with the political and PR responsibilities of being a Head Coach.

If Mora goes to UW, we're all gonna be pissed that we basically filled our class up in August (only 4-5 spots left)

Back