What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Roster (with 2018 commits)

Very interesting. Definitely a guy who can make plays and help us win games. Was afraid that he was just playing out the string since I hadn't heard mention of him in any of the interviews about the RBs. He can help us in 2018.

If this happens, I have to say I personally think it is a bad move...especially since he is a healthy upperclassman. He is ready to go now, let him play and help us win games....saving him for a rainy/unknown future day seems like a move that could blow up in our, and his face later on.

If this happens, I have to say I personally think it is a bad move...especially since he is a healthy upperclassman. He is ready to go now, let him play and help us win games....saving him for a rainy/unknown future day seems like a move that could blow up in our, and his face later on.
How do you figure?

I'm not going to assume that Lee is 100% right now. Did people expect for his strength and fitness to be there in August after breaking his ankle in March? He's almost certainly still building himself back and shaking off rust.

Very interesting. Definitely a guy who can make plays and help us win games. Was afraid that he was just playing out the string since I hadn't heard mention of him in any of the interviews about the RBs. He can help us in 2018.
Interesting. I suggested this a while back and most thought he should move on. Would give some depth options in 2018 versus this year.

How do you figure?
I forgot that he had broken his ankle until I saw Nik's post above. So my opinion is under the assumption that he is healthy and ready to go...so I am answering your question under that assumption.

When a guy that has been playing sits out for a year, a number of things happen, or could happen...especially when talking about a program on the rise. Things that should happen: the younger talent behind him continues to progress and get better (i.e. there is no guarantee that he will get any more playing time next year than this year), the freshmen that are redshirting this year, and the true freshman next year also add to the pool of competition at the position. Additionally, this would be one less scholarship available to give to someone next year. Any successful program is constantly trying to upgrade their talent.

Things that could happen: A guy that has been used to playing for the three previous years, sitting out for the simple reason of getting more PT the next year opens up the potential for that player to become bored and complacent while he sees his teammates playing and competing. I am not saying that this will happen, but it is certainly a possibility....he is what, 20 years old? It takes a lot of maturity to stay engaged and continuing to improve yourself in those conditions.

I remember GB saying back in the day that he would never again redshirt a kid that could play and help him win that year, and he went into a big long explanation why.....it didn't make sense to me at the time, but as years passed, I tend to agree with him. And in this case, I think it applies.

Interesting. I suggested this a while back and most thought he should move on. Would give some depth options in 2018 versus this year.
Between Lindsay, Evans, Adkins, BB and Fontenot, depth is certainly there for this season. Redshirting Lee keeps the RB numbers in 2018 as 2 SR, 1 JR, 1 SO (assuming Fontenot is not RS), and 2 FR. Class balance and experienced depth are clearly important to Mac.

Between Lindsay, Evans, Adkins, BB and Fontenot, depth is certainly there for this season. Redshirting Lee keeps the RB numbers in 2018 as 1 SR, 1 JR, 1 SO (assuming Fontenot is not RS), and 2 FR. Class balance and experienced depth are clearly important to Mac.
2 seniors. Lee & Evans. Bish junior. Fontenot soph or rs-frosh.

Possibly include KD in that RB group. Possibly look at Lee as a hybrid who will play some RB and some slot WR.

I forgot that he had broken his ankle until I saw Nik's post above. So my opinion is under the assumption that he is healthy and ready to go...so I am answering your question under that assumption.

When a guy that has been playing sits out for a year, a number of things happen, or could happen...especially when talking about a program on the rise. Things that should happen: the younger talent behind him continues to progress and get better (i.e. there is no guarantee that he will get any more playing time next year than this year), the freshmen that are redshirting this year, and the true freshman next year also add to the pool of competition at the position. Additionally, this would be one less scholarship available to give to someone next year. Any successful program is constantly trying to upgrade their talent.

Things that could happen: A guy that has been used to playing for the three previous years, sitting out for the simple reason of getting more PT the next year opens up the potential for that player to become bored and complacent while he sees his teammates playing and competing. I am not saying that this will happen, but it is certainly a possibility....he is what, 20 years old? It takes a lot of maturity to stay engaged and continuing to improve yourself in those conditions.

I remember GB saying back in the day that he would never again redshirt a kid that could play and help him win that year, and he went into a big long explanation why.....it didn;t make sense to me at the time, but as years passed, I tend to agree with him. And in this case, I think it applies.
All good points, but I'm going to assume this was a mutual decision on Mac, Hagan and Lee's part. I honestly don't think Lee would help CU this season, with Lindsay, Adkins and Evans all being ahead of him, and then a younger guy like Fontenot in line to get some PT. Nobody is saying he will be handed anything in 2018, but his chances are far greater to help this team next season.

If the two seniors hold up this year, and Kyle is also healthy enough, I think Donovan is JAG. Bringing him back is all about having enough quality depth, and to make sure that there's high levels of competition, to continually push the young guys to get better and be the best they can be. Long gone when guys could come into Boulder and play just because they were better athletes.

Mac loves experience, depth and competition. It's like his three pillars. He may not start, but he will make Bisharat, Fontenot and the Frosh better.

Throw in that Mac promised Donovan's Mom that he'd get his degree (which is tough in 4 years) and that he's likely not physically 100%.....

Obviously MacIntyre values class balance (which is good), I tend to think RB is one position where it really does not matter though.

All good points, but I'm going to assume this was a mutual decision on Mac, Hagan and Lee's part. I honestly don't think Lee would help CU this season, with Lindsay, Adkins and Evans all being ahead of him, and then a younger guy like Fontenot in line to get some PT. Nobody is saying he will be handed anything in 2018, but his chances are far greater to help this team next season.

That's where I don't really agree, simply as it relates to making the above assumption. It's relatively unknown what his chances are to help this team next year. Too many things can change between now and then.

That's where I don't really agree, simply as it relates to making the above assumption. It's relatively unknown what his chances are to help this team next year. Too many things can change between now and then.
He's not going to help the team this year, with Lindsay and Adkins entrenched as 1/2. Both guys are gone and there will be open competition next year, ultimately giving him a better shot to play and contribute. Possibly same thing with Ento and Huntley.

He's not going to help the team this year, with Lindsay and Adkins entrenched as 1/2. Both guys are gone and there will be open competition next year, ultimately giving him a better shot to play and contribute. Possibly same thing with Ento and Huntley.
He plays a lot of special teams, and I contend that he is exactly the kind of player that good programs have littered throughout their ST units. Ours have generally sucked the last decade. Same could be said for Huntley and Ento potentially....but whatever, they're going to do whatever they think is best....I just hope it works out for both the player and the program.

That's a great way to fill your long snapper position. Reserve a scholarship for a guy who wins the job and is proven. JT had to pay two years out of his own pocket, but now gets 3 years on scholarship, and should be a 4 year starter. If you do this right, you always have exactly 1 snapper on scholarship (never two) and you always have someone in the wings ready to play.

Based on the RMS, it looks like Huntley and Ento will both redshirt.

Ento being back in 2018 would put the BlackOutBoyz in much better shape. Ento, MacIntyre, Winfree and Walker as seniors with Brown in the junior class, Huntley, Shenault and Nixon as sophs, and then RS Freshmen Jackson and Bell. Plus a really nice freshman class coming in. Buffs shouldn't miss a beat.

Based on the RMS, it looks like Huntley and Ento will both redshirt.

Ento being back in 2018 would put the BlackOutBoyz in much better shape. Ento, MacIntyre, Winfree and Walker as seniors with Brown in the junior class, Huntley, Shenault and Nixon as sophs, and then RS Freshmen Jackson and Bell. Plus a really nice freshman class coming in. Buffs shouldn't miss a beat.
I'm telling you, I saw #6 on offense out there at least once. Maybe he was just on the sideline and creeped on the field after a play.

giphy.gif

Good job, good effort @mdelpizzo_1

Back