What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Roster (with 2018 commits)

Nah, bro
tight-end-shannon-sharpe-of-the-denver-broncos-celebrates-a-touchdown-picture-id2696306
That's probably the closest comparison, although Demaryius Thomas is 6'3" 236 right now. I doubt Huntley puts on another 10-15 and runs a 4.3-4.4, though.

In retrospect, the David Boston reference is misplaced as to Huntley. Boston was likely a 'roider. What I meant was a big, strong WR is a good thing. Huntley definitely looks the part...without the PED's.

Really hope to see what Huntley's high pointing looks like at this level. His frame reminds me a lot of DeVante Parker if he has the high pointing skill, he will be a nightmare of a redzone threat just like DVP.

In retrospect, the David Boston reference is misplaced as to Huntley. Boston was likely a 'roider. What I meant was a big, strong WR is a good thing. Huntley definitely looks the part...without the PED's.
Bro Boston was a no doubter imho. I think there are plenty guys that are who aren't talked about too.

Removed NJ Falo from the roster.

That puts us at 84 guys heading into camp.

What would you guys do with that open scholarship?

Could have Tony Brown enroll for the fall semester and spend the fall on scout team while taking more credits than he can at a JUCO.
Could have either Roddick or Sami enroll for the fall instead of grayshirting.
Could award a scholarship to a walkon (Trent Headley would be my guess because I think he plays a lot this year at ILB anyway).

Removed NJ Falo from the roster.

That puts us at 84 guys heading into camp.

What would you guys do with that open scholarship?

Could have Tony Brown enroll for the fall semester and spend the fall on scout team while taking more credits than he can at a JUCO.
Could have either Roddick or Sami enroll for the fall instead of grayshirting.
Could award a scholarship to a walkon (Trent Headley would be my guess because I think he plays a lot this year at ILB anyway).
Either walk on or Roddick/Sami. My preference would be Sami. Getting a big DL kid like that on campus and in the weight room is priority #1, IMO

Added the walk ons who were camp invites. Will be more joining the roster once classes start.

Barring any additional attrition, do we have any more scholarships to offer? It looks like with the 19 current commitments our number for next year is already at 85.

Barring any additional attrition, do we have any more scholarships to offer? It looks like with the 19 current commitments our number for next year is already at 85.
There will be more attrition. Always is. I'd expect 5ish more additions to the 2018 scholarship roster.

Moving Coleman from DE to OLB on the roster. He's going to slot into the Jimmie Gilbert role this year.

Also, let's hope that Hamilton is ok. An injury makes it even more likely that he will redshirt. That wouldn't be a bad thing at all for the roster balance.

Also, the moves of Lopez to TE and Rakestraw to CB are permanent according to HCMM today.

Always thought that's what we were recruiting him for, but I thought it didn't work out a few years ago? Coleman...

Hamilton - I wonder if he's showing up, at least raw talent wise. This guy got zero interest from others. Of course, so did Purcell and Isaiah Lewis and they both are getting noticed early.

Always thought that's what we were recruiting him for, but I thought it didn't work out a few years ago? Coleman...

Hamilton - I wonder if he's showing up, at least raw talent wise. This guy got zero interest from others. Of course, so did Purcell and Isaiah Lewis and they both are getting noticed early.
We were in a 4-3 when we recruited Coleman as a WDE in that system. Also happened with Mathewes the following year. They've struggled a bit to find their right fit for the current defense.

When was Udoffia a WR?
My fault. For some reason I thought he was originally recruited as a WR. Looking back at his recruiting thread, it looks like they liked him there but told him there were too many for him to get reps and that they wanted him as a CB. My mistake.

Either walk on or Roddick/Sami. My preference would be Sami. Getting a big DL kid like that on campus and in the weight room is priority #1, IMO
Walk-on reward. Give those guys hope!!! There's really no debate, unless we were desperate due to an injury.

Roddick and Sami would both be behind big time if they came in right now. Guys have been working together for a few weeks. They wouldn't be able to join practices until after school starts (105 maximum is hit). See you boys in January!

Added benefit:
If you can keep Roddick and Sami off campus (but totally committed) until January, they get a full year extra. This can be a big help for academic reasons as well, as your first semester of college does not occur during the season. It also gives you an extra semester to finish up, which means more flexibility in scheduling of classes, etc. This can be a big help to about any incoming frosh, but especially if the frosh will have academic challenges, including those that are choosing engineering or pre-med types of majors (Isaac Miller, DerekMac to name two who grey-shirted on their way to Med School). Sami has to learn how to play DL as he never got coaching. That's best in the Spring. Roddick has to pull off what Edwards just did, which is get in shape.

We were in a 4-3 when we recruited Coleman as a WDE in that system. Also happened with Mathewes the following year. They've struggled a bit to find their right fit for the current defense.
I remember that, but I also seem to recall debate about Coleman being an OLB when we switched.

Back