What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 NCAA tournament thread

The best team - Villanova - is still playing. So no championship games have been played. Michigan was as good as anyone in the country by seasons end as well. #3 defense, although I hope Loyola finds a way.

-

Last edited:
Not the 'big time' but UNC should be congratulated for how they are doing in the CIT tournament.
To get the players another game, UNC paid $10,000 to get in the tournament, with a 1st round bye. (bargained down from the $40,000 asked)
They play tonight for the championship at home.
For everyone involved a great $10k investment.

I thought I'd put this here to not start a new thread. Watching this young woman from Mississippi St. play, she is the Shaq of women's basketball. Good Lord, that is a big woman.

I don't think George has much if any hope of playing in the NBA but hopefully performances like this one will help him make a lot more money in Europe.

GK is an exciting player. Would make sense for an overseas team to pursue him looking for a guy who can sell tickets for them.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet. I'm sure it has been discussed on Final Four TV coverage at some point, but I don't have cable...

I was checking out the ESPN preview for the games tonight and noticed all 4 teams were undefeated in the "Last 5 Games" section. Didn't seem noteworthy at first as they are obviously on 4 game win streaks just to get to the FF. Then, this took me wayyyyyy to long to put together, I realized that this meant all 4 of them won their conference tourney.

After some time on wikipedia, I found that this is the first time since 2008 that all 4 teams in the FF were conf. tourney champs (maybe not "technically" anymore with the Memphis wins being vacated, haha). 2008 was the FF with all 1 seeds (UCLA, UNC, Memphis, Kansas), although Steph Curry almost had something to say about that...

Not sure if this happened at all before 2008 (too much research for me), but it's cool to recognize either way. The current winning streaks for the teams:

Loyola - 14
Michigan - 13
Villanova - 9
Kansas - 7

Not sure if this has been brought up yet. I'm sure it has been discussed on Final Four TV coverage at some point, but I don't have cable...

I was checking out the ESPN preview for the games tonight and noticed all 4 teams were undefeated in the "Last 5 Games" section. Didn't seem noteworthy at first as they are obviously on 4 game win streaks just to get to the FF. Then, this took me wayyyyyy to long to put together, I realized that this meant all 4 of them won their conference tourney.

After some time on wikipedia, I found that this is the first time since 2008 that all 4 teams in the FF were conf. tourney champs (maybe not "technically" anymore with the Memphis wins being vacated, haha). 2008 was the FF with all 1 seeds (UCLA, UNC, Memphis, Kansas), although Steph Curry almost had something to say about that...

Not sure if this happened at all before 2008 (too much research for me), but it's cool to recognize either way. The current winning streaks for the teams:

Loyola - 14
Michigan - 13
Villanova - 9
Kansas - 7
Definitely rare. Makes sense this year since we don't seem to have any dominant teams (except for maybe Villanova). So being "hot" is more important than usual.

Think Loyola has a puncher's chance tonight.

Hard not to think of KU/Nova as the true championship game, though.
Pretty much the whole country will be rooting for Loyola tonight. But historically the Final Four semis is where these runs by low seeds ends -usually lopsided, too.

I'm torn between Loyola and Michigan. On the one hand I've been a UM fan since the early 70's when I moved to Ann Arbor and actually had season tickets for the '89 team that won the NCAA championship.

On the other hand, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Loyola-Chicago was one of the law schools that offered me admission while UM was the only one of the ten schools to which I applied that turned me down outright (got wait-listed at two). And you have to love the whole Sister Jean story.

So I have no idea which to root for ... but I guess I can see it as either way I can't lose. Just hoping for (and expecting) a good game between two teams with similar styles and skills.

Nova v KU?

GO WILDCATS!!!

Think Loyola has a puncher's chance tonight.

Hard not to think of KU/Nova as the true championship game, though.

Strong disagree. Not sure anyone is playing as good as UMich right now. And it’s pretty obvious Loyola is legit.

Strong disagree. Not sure anyone is playing as good as UMich right now. And it’s pretty obvious Loyola is legit.

Houston had them beat. Turnovers and missed FT's kept UM in it. Means nothing now but they haven't had the hardest road either.

and now that I say this they're probably gonna win it all. As long as the chickenhawks don't whatever.

I'm torn between Loyola and Michigan. On the one hand I've been a UM fan since the early 70's when I moved to Ann Arbor and actually had season tickets for the '89 team that won the NCAA championship.

On the other hand, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Loyola-Chicago was one of the law schools that offered me admission while UM was the only one of the ten schools to which I applied that turned me down outright (got wait-listed at two). And you have to love the whole Sister Jean story.

So I have no idea which to root for ... but I guess I can see it as either way I can't lose. Just hoping for (and expecting) a good game between two teams with similar styles and skills.

Nova v KU?

GO WILDCATS!!!

Rumeal and Rice! That was fun.

Go Blue!

Nova v KU?

GO WILDCATS!!!
L Buff: I applied to only one law school - CU - and they turned me down. After a summer of badgering the dean of admissions (Shannon Janes - a great guy), they put me on the 'high wait list' and a I started with that class (CU Law '86)

It's early on ... but I think this just might turn out to be a decent game.

Houston had them beat. Turnovers and missed FT's kept UM in it. Means nothing now but they haven't had the hardest road either.

and now that I say this they're probably gonna win it all. As long as the chickenhawks don't whatever.

Kansas was Greyson Allen not being stupid from being eliminated & almost blew the Clemson game. EVERYONE has these things at this point.

Back