What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Offseason News: Pac-12 & CU Opponents

If Lynott is healthy, is he the best option for Center next year? Would a possible starting interior OL be Lynott, Sherman and Polley, or is it a long shot that both Sherman and Polley get on the field next year?

If Lynott is healthy, is he the best option for Center next year? Would a possible starting interior OL be Lynott, Sherman and Polley, or is it a long shot that both Sherman and Polley get on the field next year?
I think it could go either way. Keep hearing good things about Pursell at C and that the coaches are very high on him. Hope that he's ready to compete for a starting job at C, because that would give Adams a lot more flexibility to find his best 5 with Lynott being able to play G or C and with both Haigler and Polley able to play G or T. And, of course, with Ray coming in and able to play either G or T.

I think we have no real information on Sherman and Polley at this point, other than they arrived pretty ready. We'll have a lot of questions answered in February for sure.

I think we have no real information on Sherman and Polley at this point, other than they arrived pretty ready. We'll have a lot of questions answered in February for sure.
I think we have some info on Sherman, he was second string guard before they decided to redshirt him instead of wasting a year of his eligibility for a backup role.

Washington is loaded for a playoff run.

If the Huskies beat Auburn in Atlanta to open the season, they will have every argument they need if they can then get through the Pac-12 at 8-1 and win the championship game.

Very interesting that Kelly was not willing to roll with Devon Modster. Carta-Samuels isn't leaving Washington as a grad transfer to sit on the bench (he could have done that behind Browning), so he must have been promised a very likely opportunity to start.

Very interesting that Kelly was not willing to roll with Devon Modster. Carta-Samuels isn't leaving Washington as a grad transfer to sit on the bench (he could have done that behind Browning), so he must have been promised a very likely opportunity to start.

That's what I thought

Refreshing for sure, but probably not a smart financial decision. His stock probably isn’t getting higher than it is now, but who knows.

I get the feeling that Love is one of those guys that wants to be a doctor more than an athlete. Wouldn't surprise me if he forgoes playing in the NFL altogether.

I’m sure his injury this season played into this. He still performed great so he’s not trying to impress the scouts next season. I think he may have realized that one bad injury will end his career and his most reliable shot at making millions is finishing his Stanford degree.

I’m sure his injury this season played into this. He still performed great so he’s not trying to impress the scouts next season. I think he may have realized that one bad injury will end his career and his most reliable shot at making millions is finishing his Stanford degree.
He can come back and finish his Stanford degree whenever he wants.

Getting into Stanford is the hard part. Once you're in, it's like a 4 year vacation for smart kids. Sure, there are tough classes. But, you want to go study in Europe, Asia, Africa, or South America with Stanford professors--no problem. Want to live on campus for 4 years in the highest cost of living area in the country--no problem. Want to get ****-faced and make fun of rednecks--no problem. Want to intern pretty much wherever you want--no problem.

I get the feeling that Love is one of those guys that wants to be a doctor more than an athlete. Wouldn't surprise me if he forgoes playing in the NFL altogether.
You could be right, I don't know much about him off the field.

Utah was already losing its #1 WR since Darren Carrington was a one-year rental.

Big news here that their #2 WR, Raelon Singleton, has decided to leave the program. The 2-year starter will be a grad transfer. Cites "family reasons".

That sucks.

Not gonna lie, it makes me happy when I see a conference rival lose a player to grades, bad behavior or a simple transfer. But there's nothing to celebrate when it's an injury or, especially, disease. Damn. Karma to Beecher and his family/ friends.
The good news is, if there is any here, that many forms of lymphoma have a very high successful treatment rate. I have had two friends with it, both alive and vital many years after the event. Best wishes to him.

You think? Even with Hornibrook having two more years left and coming off the game of his life?

I think it would be an okay fit and a Master's from Wisconsin is not too shabby, but you are probably right on it being too much of a distraction.

USC coaching staff appears to be getting gutted. Normally that wouldn’t be a big deal but they keep promoting from within instead of getting top of the line guys.

Back