What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs in the NFL Combine

I just read the official summaries of all 3 DB's from the link above. The hit all 3 of them for being below average to poor tacklers.

What is amazing to me personally, is our secondary was light years better at tackling last year compared to the previous 4+ years, so I thought they were great tacklers - with the exception of Akhello.

Perspective is everything.

Now that he ran a 4.44 they really need to remove the part in his scouting report that says quicker than he is fast. Dude matched up against the best WR's CU faced for two years in a row and still dominated. The tackling thing is surprising though, I have to admit he didn't seem as solid in that aspect this year as he was the year before. Hard to believe he hasn't seriously upped his draft stock with his performance at the combine.

I just read the official summaries of all 3 DB's from the link above. The hit all 3 of them for being below average to poor tacklers.

What is amazing to me personally, is our secondary was light years better at tackling last year compared to the previous 4+ years, so I thought they were great tacklers - with the exception of Akhello.

Perspective is everything.
That's weird. Chido was definitely a plus tackler

They can fix that. Any team has an issue with that part of his game, it'll be addressed I'm sure.

I think some of those kinda weird high tackles worry people a little.
Was thinking the same thing. Chido liked to tackle up around the shoulder pads. Was always scared he was going to get a targeting call or a facemask by how they looked sometimes.

They can fix that. Any team has an issue with that part of his game, it'll be addressed I'm sure.

Probably. The summary on NFL.com was weird. I thought they'd criticize his ability to win those 50-50 balls. Now that I think about it, I don't remember him high-pointing the ball very often, but he was usually right there with guys.

Hell, I don't see many defensive backs high point the ball anymore. He'll work on all of his game. Hopefully it's a smooth transition.

It will be interesting to see - because most of the NFL prospect things I've seen have Spoon as the higher rated prospect... Wonder which one goes first.

It will be interesting to see - because most of the NFL prospect things I've seen have Spoon as the higher rated prospect... Wonder which one goes first.
Witherspoon is a more traditional corner, with the size and speed combo that makes him an every down type DB. Chido is a Nickel CB. In most defenses in the NFL he won't be on the field every down, but will be a weapon when he gets on the field.

Makes sense that Spoon goes first IMO. Both could go 2nd round (depending on how Spoon does in the 40)

If Spoon goes first, it will be due to his measureables and potential, IMO. As long as he runs well, it's hard to find 6'3" CBs with a wingspan like his.

Something about you can't teach speed .. .

I'd love to see all 3 DBs drafted in the top 4 rounds.

We've all known for 4 years that Chido was just "the natural" that he excelled in all phases of the game. Off the charts for things like instincts, football-smart, character, etc. All the non-measurables. Coach never has to worry if he's doing the right things, getting enough rest, boozing too much etc.

And he's 6'0" tall, a chiseled 200+ lbs, and runs a 4.4? What????
Kid is a can't miss NFL star. Lots of guys rated above him won't have the career Chido will have.

We've all known for 4 years that Chido was just "the natural" that he excelled in all phases of the game. Off the charts for things like instincts, football-smart, character, etc. All the non-measurables. Coach never has to worry if he's doing the right things, getting enough rest, boozing too much etc.

And he's 6'0" tall, a chiseled 200+ lbs, and runs a 4.4? What????
Kid is a can't miss NFL star. Lots of guys rated above him won't have the career Chido will have.

When Chido was first getting on the field, there was that play when he got caught in no man's land a bit in the flat and exploded to swat down a pass that was way over his head. That was the moment I knew he had all the tools to be special.

Back