What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to blow them out again but a lot of different moving parts this year. Just have more points at the end and that'll suffice.

The short week for CSU should not be overlooked. A day can make a real difference in preparation that early and honestly we should have a solid talent advantage by now.

We will give the Ramrods lots of respect while we throttle them 49-10. Should plan to win all the rest of the games in the series and then shut it down forever! Trend points that direction all around the program. Love seeing in state recruiting shaping up like it is. Locking out Nebraska to our guys, and getting most of the top 5-10 guys looking or committing to CU first.

I think this is an advantage for the rams. The speed variance will not be as dramatic after they played a division one team. That said, it is a game the buffs need to win, and should win.

We will give the Ramrods lots of respect while we throttle them 49-10. Should plan to win all the rest of the games in the series and then shut it down forever! Trend points that direction all around the program. Love seeing in state recruiting shaping up like it is. Locking out Nebraska to our guys, and getting most of the top 5-10 guys looking or committing to CU first.

This,

We need to win the rest of the series convincingly enough that the sheep fans aren't tempted to want to talk about playing more games against us.

In the process getting more attention in the local media to continue to solidify us as the preferred option for top talent in the region.

Lol, not the first time I've seen the comparison, obviously. I understand the cautious optimism around this game, but CSU is a middling G5 team. I feel like there is more optimism from our fan base surrounding the UA and ASU games this year than this one... Just defies logic to me.

And yet every year some muddling G5 team shocks a P5 team. That's part of what makes college football so great.

Please God, don't let it be us. Please. We've prayed hard to have the pox taken off our house. Please!!!!

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...sees-benefits-playing-true-freshmen/99840902/

So CSU fans are likely to see the majority of the 20 freshmen the Rams signed last month on the field this fall.

7Z6oPAc.gif

I think the game will be closer this year. CSU will have a decent offense and we're breaking in a lot on D.

Still, any concerns we have about our defense pales in compariason to theirs. That defensive unit looks BAD. Their offense scored 8 touchdowns on them in a scrimmage. Montez and the offense should have a good day.

I think we win something like 48-27

I think the game will be closer this year. CSU will have a decent offense and we're breaking in a lot on D.

Still, any concerns we have about our defense pales in compariason to theirs. That defensive unit looks BAD. Their offense scored 8 touchdowns on them in a scrimmage. Montez and the offense should have a good day.

No closer this years.

We need to smash them, need to beat them by a big score and still have people leave saying it wasn't as close as the final margin. We are finally about to get this anchor off our backs being stuck with this game on our schedule every year. The CSU people want to continue it, they have far and away the most to gain. It is possible that they could try to use political pressure to force us back into the thing just as they did to get it re started in the first place. We have to beat them badly enough in each of these final games that they don't want any part of us.

Did you mean 482-7?

Bobo's playing 5 Dimensional chess- he's building towards the last game in the series so that he can have a bunch of experienced players at that point to hopefully get over the CU hump.

Bobo is trying to get his "breakout" year that gets him a P5 job offer and gets him out of Fort Collins as soon as he can. He has no intention of being there in 4-5 years.

He either gets his big season and becomes a head coach or he fails and goes back to an SEC coordinator job and tries to get his HC job that way.

Back