What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depends on the money from the deal but seems weird RG would agree to a 1-1 with them.
If we keep having to have little brother ride our coattails, a home and home is the minimum concession we should extract from goat U.

a home and home with CSU every 3-4 years is palatable. That being said, it really should be a 2-1 deal though.

Depends on the money from the deal but seems weird RG would agree to a 1-1 with them.
Eh, they did a 1-1 with Minnesota, they're doing a 1-1 with Oregon State, and a 1-1 with Arkansas. CU needs to keep winning and get to a level where we can demand a 2-1.

Eh, they did a 1-1 with Minnesota, they're doing a 1-1 with Oregon State, and a 1-1 with Arkansas. CU needs to keep winning and get to a level where we can demand a 2-1.
The 1-1 with Arkansas was a weird deal where their game fell through it was originally a one off game at Arkansas, and a home and home in basketball so I wouldn't really consider that a true home and home in football.

You can say what you want about Oregon State and Minnesota but CU has a lot more to lose in a home and home than those teams do.

I also want to know the financial aspect of these deals as CSU might be shelling out the money to try and fill their new stadium which could put off the impression it makes sense when the margins are lower because of the payment.

The 1-1 with Arkansas was a weird deal where their game fell through it was originally a one off game at Arkansas, and a home and home in basketball so I wouldn't really consider that a true home and home in football.

You can say what you want about Oregon State and Minnesota but CU has a lot more to lose in a home and home than those teams do.

I also want to know the financial aspect of these deals as CSU might be shelling out the money to try and fill their new stadium which could put off the impression it makes sense when the margins are lower because of the payment.

Bolded is the key on this. I am in the camp that CU shouldn't be doing 1-1s with CSU or any other MWC school. If they are then the pot needs to be significantly sweetened with CU getting the bigger share of the money.

Fact is that CU can play a game in front of 35,000-40,000 playing a Sun Belt school. CSU playing that same opponent is going to draw 15,000-20,000. We don't treat them as an equal when it comes to the cash.

Bolded is the key on this. I am in the camp that CU shouldn't be doing 1-1s with CSU or any other MWC school. If they are then the pot needs to be significantly sweetened with CU getting the bigger share of the money.

Fact is that CU can play a game in front of 35,000-40,000 playing a Sun Belt school. CSU playing that same opponent is going to draw 15,000-20,000. We don't treat them as an equal when it comes to the anything.
fify.

CSU's defense is going to be a mess again. Sounds like their DL is majorly struggling and the secondary is meh with zero depth. I expect us to win the battles up front again and run/throw all over them.

Their offense sounds good, as it should be with Bobo and lots of returning starters. But I almost wonder if it's doing them no favors playing against a defense that they just push around all scrimmage long. I'm pumped for the Oregon State game.

CSU's defense is going to be a mess again. Sounds like their DL is majorly struggling and the secondary is meh with zero depth. I expect us to win the battles up front again and run/throw all over them.

Their offense sounds good, as it should be with Bobo and lots of returning starters. But I almost wonder if it's doing them no favors playing against a defense that they just push around all scrimmage long. I'm pumped for the Oregon State game.

Normally having a game under their belt would be an advantage but they are likely to get physically beat up against Oregon State.

Oregon State is looking for a breakout year. This is a big game for them. Expect a very physical game.

Think about it this way...

1. Chartered Aircraft v Charter Bus cost.
2. Hotel for 100 players and support staff v No Hotel (home and back same day).
3. Moving Truck (Game Equipment) fee (distance).
4. Less per diem or none per player/employee.

I'll venture a guess that the savings is six figures.

Think about it this way...

1. Chartered Aircraft v Charter Bus cost.
2. Hotel for 100 players and support staff v No Hotel (home and back same day).
3. Moving Truck (Game Equipment) fee (distance).
4. Less per diem or none per player/employee.

I'll venture a guess that the savings is six figures.

CU like most P5 schools spends the night before every game, home or away in a hotel.

I think OSU is going to have a good year in the North. Maybe similar to ours last year.
With Stanford and UW up North, they'll have a difficult time winning the division. I could see them bowl eligible, though.

With Stanford and UW up North, they'll have a difficult time winning the division. I could see them bowl eligible, though.
Agreed. I meant more of beating some teams that they're predicted to lose to. Maybe one of those two; both are in Corvallis this year.

1 for 1 is the norm with a G5 that has enough juice to offer back a large enough guarantee to make the $$$ work.

Didn't know where to put this, as I'm kinda new here, but CSU's AD is saying we have a deal in place for a home-and-home for 2023-2024.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...pumping-up-csus-football-schedules/100329124/

If we're gonna play them, this is the way to do it.
CSU's 10-year contract for annual games against the University of Colorado expires after the 2020 game in Fort Collins. CU has already filled the three nonconference slots on its schedules in 2021-22 with other opponents. But Parker said he and CU athletic director Rick George have a verbal agreement in place for games in 2023-24, one in Boulder and one in Fort Collins.

So highly likely, but nothing is done until the paperwork is signed.

Their offense sounds good, as it should be with Bobo and lots of returning starters.

Sigh. You are really jumping the gun. Their starters won't be on campus until August.

I went to the last game played @ CSU (96) - no thanks. Even in a shiny, tiny new stadium.

That town is already a goat **** to get in and out of, can't even imagine what this will do.

30488-Woody-Harrelson-crying-money-b-8fc5.gif

Back