What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU WBB Rankings/NET/Bracketology Catch-All

Down to 8th. Dropped more than any other top team that lost, and we lost to the highest ranked opponent of those.

Down to 8th. Dropped more than any other top team that lost, and we lost to the highest ranked opponent of those.
Maybe because it was the second loss to OSU, and at home, and our 4th loss. Clearly they are better than we are, and have a better record. Closing the gap I guess.

Maybe because it was the second loss to OSU, and at home, and our 4th loss. Clearly they are better than we are, and have a better record. Closing the gap I guess.
But we are fantastic and are going to make a run. Let's just stay away from OSU.

This team has control of their destiny during the regular season as they just need to win to stay near the top of the conference. They play Utah, UCLA & USC on the road, win two of those games and they are gonna finish between 3-4 in the conference and get a first round bye in the Pac 12 tourney.

At this point the bottom line is to do enough to get the home court for the first two NCAA tourney games which makes it easier to get to the Sweet 16.

And, it would great if OSU lost in the Pac 12 tourney before meeting CU. Their style of play and length are a tough match up for the Buffs.

The committee released their first rankings for the season, and our Colorado Buffaloes are picked as the last #1 seed! (Along with SCar, Stanford, and Ohio State.)

Here's the ESPN article.

Obviously it doesn't mean a whole lot as we still have several HUGE games to play, but this gives us an idea of how this committee views the top teams this season.
As I type this, Tennessee is leading South Carolina in Knoxville...we'll see if they can hold the lead and hand the Cocks their first loss.

As always, GO BUFFS!!!

I'm really excited about the success CU women's hoops is having at point where I also perceive interest in women's sports, and NCAAW hoops specifically, at an all time high.

This is great for CU, and I'm really happy for the team.

Charlie Creme's Bracketology for today, along with this explanation:

The NCAA tournament selection committee's reveal of the top 16 seeds Thursday was telling. This committee leaned into the quality of losses, which appeared to help the likes of Colorado, UConn and Indiana. The Buffs got the final No. 1 seed in large part because their four losses were to other top-16 teams. NC State, Iowa and UCLA all had one loss outside of the top 16. That gave Colorado the nod despite losing to the Wolfpack and Bruins. The Huskies and Hoosiers have a combined three top-25 NET wins but have no losses outside the top 25. They earned a No. 3 and No. 4 seed, respectively. Injuries to key players, most notably UCLA's Lauren Betts and Kansas State's Ayoka Lee, were factored in, but not to the extent they could have been. Now that both players have returned, the time they missed and the losses both teams absorbed will be reexamined before the next top-16 reveal on Feb. 29.

If you are going to loose, loose to a good team. UCLA fans are crying because they beat Colorado in Boulder. Well, they lost games when Betts was out.

Kansas State's Lee played in their game against Iowa State and Iowa State won in 2 OT's.

The players will decide this. We will know Friday night how the weekend will go. If they don't come out to play at tipoff, it's going to be a long weekend and we will drop further.

Charlie Creme's bracketology for today. Buffs are a 3 seed. Can't afford to slip much more or they will not be hosting.

Unranked Illinois knocked of Big Ten leader Indiana last night. On Bracketology, Creme notes that cost them a host site, so he must not think Indiana is the best team in the conference. Iowa plays at Indiana on Thursday. It's on Peacock. Cue lots of complaining.

I wonder how many teams have played 12 (soon to be 14) q1 games? Out of what, 25? If we snag one of these I'll be happy enough. Both would be a statement. Dropping both would definitely be a bummer, hopefully not out of top 4 seed but that would still depend on the p12 tournament results

We just need to be careful that we don't fall out of a top 4 seed and not get 2 home games but if we win these last 2 and then win or 2 in the conference tournament I wouldn't think that will be a problem

We just need to be careful that we don't fall out of a top 4 seed and not get 2 home games but if we win these last 2 and then win or 2 in the conference tournament I wouldn't think that will be a problem
I think that at best the Buffs are on the fringe of hosting (first 2 games of the NCAA tourney) now and have no margin of error. They not only have to win the last two home games, but need to make a run in the conference tourney - and beat a team or two that finished ahead of them in the regular season.

I think that at best the Buffs are on the fringe of hosting (first 2 games of the NCAA tourney) now and have no margin of error. They not only have to win the last two home games, but need to make a run in the conference tourney - and beat a team or two that finished ahead of them in the regular season.
It seems real likely at this point it ends up a 3 way tie for the 4th seed (unless OSU beats Stanford). The top 6 of the conference are all so good, with at least 4 wins against AP top 25 teams, the margin of error is just small. But I don't think that we NEED the semis to host, because of the strength of our wins and lack (currently) of any bad losses

Creme's Bracketology is out today because the top 16 seeds will be announced tonight. Does Colorado stay in?

How far does Colorado, a No. 1 seed in the last reveal, fall following a four-game losing streak, albeit against teams all in the top 20 of the NET?

Washington State is in the first four out and Washington is in the next four out.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 151422.png

I am thinking we fall to around 20 in this week's rankings. The team will have to win the conference tourney and I don't think they can do that.

Iowa beat #2 Ohio State. Not a bad loss by Ohio State but whoever is ranked #2 seems to get beat.

Back