What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

So how do they pay for this?

Is the University paying the tab? What is the point of this presentation if there is no money on the table to pay for it?

About like me making a great presentation to my wife about how I'm going to drive a BMW in a few weeks and having no money to buy said BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how do they pay for this?

Is the University paying the tab? What is the point of this presentation if there is no money on the table to pay for it?

About like me making a great presentation to my wife about how I'm going to drive a BMW in a few weeks and having no money to buy said BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 million already raised that more than covers phase 1, 40 million in fairly confident money has been asked for. From there you have bonds, some revenue streams from the project, increasing TV distributions, and a full public phase of fundraising to come.

The funding will be done by donations and then Capital Construction Bonds will be issued to cover the rest of it. The Bonds are paid off out of future revenues. This is what was done for the Skyboxes and club seats.

I like the fact that Coach Mac reminded them that if it doesn't get done, it will put CU behind the 8 ball in more ways than one. Plus, I think it would give him an early get out of jail card on his contract. Should be huge for recruiting if everything pans out. I don't pay any attention to anything what Loser Ludwig has to say. He's always being negative regardless of what he talks about with his sky is falling approach.

asks? Huh?

It's a word used in capital campaigns. You always want to have a certain level of "asks" out at any given time. An "Ask" is, well, an ask to a certain person to donate. Usually, the initial contact does not generate a pledge of funds. It's a process that takes weeks, sometimes months, to complete.

WhoTF is this Ludwig guy? I guess we should never build by this logic

[tweet]408324717376839680[/tweet]

Ludwig needs to get voted off the board. "Who is this Darwin guy and why is he so blasphemous!" My guess is Ludwig has never had a business and had to try to appease and attract customers.

well, at the very least, even if we don't get the assholes voted off the board, we let them know they have an athletics constituency to worry about. Getting them to take notice and make less of a fuss is a victory too.

Not sure who made the earlier suggestion about selling bricks with the doners name engraved on it. But that's not a bad idea. I think a lot of alum & fans would fork over, say 250.00, to see their name on a sidewalk brick leading up to the new facilities. I've seen that done at another college before but don't remember which one it was.

Yeah, ignore the comments there. Layman folk don't understand, and most people like opportunities to take shots at CU

Sent from my Windows Phone via Tapatalk

I don't even know where to begin with this lack of logic, by a Philosophy Major no less.

It would be my understanding that a 15 year plan would help make sure that we are constantly building the program and facilities up. That means after we finish building facilities we will continue making updates that keep up up with the pack for less money. It's idiots like him that have left us so far behind that it currently requires so much money just to help us catch up.

It also says he is a successful entrepreneur. Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure the average entrepreneur sees a challenge and takes it rather than raising a white flag.

This ****er is probably a part of the reason they nixed the idea of bringing Ted Turner's buffalo to Boulder, too.

I read as far as "Philosophy Major" and did not need to go any further.

The athletic fee makes up 3.85% of the mandatory student fees in the fall and 3.36% of the mandatory student fees in the spring.

why give the post the click credit? You already know 95% of their readers are against anything CU athletics.

Because hopefully a few people here can write supportive comments and sway the general sentiment. Most people reading about it down have an opinion or haven't formulated one yet, and if there is nothing but protests it will make them think it is a bad move. If they read a bunch of comments that it is a good thing and long overdue then they'll probably accept that message

It would be an extra 11 yards of width on each sideline, and would be quite a bit longer. Like I said purely representational at this point. That is one key thing they would incorporate in the design review that they discussed to make sure the IPF does not negatively impact the aesthetic of Folsom.

How do you know this? Tracks vary in shape (the only thing in common with most tracks is total distance). Also, the number of lanes needs to be decided, and who knows if there might be additional lanes on the straightaways for sprints, or if they'll include areas for jumping events as well so the facility can be used for indoor meets too. Too many questions at this point to guess about the additional space that will be needed.

I like the plan. I like the revenue generating part of the plan included by Rick George. $10 million raised in donations is a reasonable good start.

Last edited:
Sports Authority is a Colorado based company and already does a fair amount of advertising with the CUAD as it is, it wouldn't be a bad idea to collab with them and Nike to have a shop at Folsom with all CU gear instead of the trailers that we have now. Throw in a a couple restaurants or two like The Sink or Half Fast or something along those lines and we'd be set.

Back