What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Ticket Renewals - CU May Have Lost A Season Ticket Holder

Considering that tidbit of information will be coming from the SID office, I’d expect to be lied to.
I wouldn’t expect anything less!!

Going to the games became more like a chore rather than fun. My wife and kids didn’t want to go with me. But hard to know for sure if going was the issue or “with me” was. :LOL:

Going to the games became more like a chore rather than fun. My wife and kids didn’t want to go with me. But hard to know for sure if going was the issue or “with me” was. :LOL:
Ditto

Considering my family still likes going to basketball games and hockey games with me, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the issue has less to do with me and more to do with the football program.

Considering my family still likes going to basketball games and hockey games with me, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the issue has less to do with me and more to do with the football program.
Same with us, still renewing bball season tix. Not me that is the issue

Are you talking about the parking? Or the Argus people? Maybe your thinking of the sound system or replay screens?
He's talking about the great selection of rapidly available concessions, about the highly efficient and rapid ticket scanning at the entry gates.

Actually despite the incompetence on and off the field spending a Saturday afternoon in Folsom is a great experience. I just think that the number of people willing to continue paying for that experience knowing that they have little chance of going home seeing a win will continue to shrink.

I did not renew. Still figure that they will have great attendance from opposing fans looking to see a victory in the opposing team’s stadium. The seats behind us have had opposition fans in them for over 8 years. West side, 42 yard line 18 rows up. Tired of it and the excuses.

I would love to see the numbers of people who did not renew. I've had tickets for 15 years and just let them go. My club seats had an increase of $200 a seat and I found myself going to less games than in the past. I also gave a rant to the guy on the phone, and he said that's all he's been hearing. Now, the more people I know and run into around town have also told me they let their tickets go as well. It has to be ugly. And I'm sure they aren't scrambling at all.

I also think something has to be done with the transfer protocol now that athletes can make money. They should have a commitment, even two years, when you agree to come to a school and get a free ride.

I didnt renew my two. Granted I had the cheapest seats in the stadium, but the price ended up doubling. Pretty sure I will come out ahead buying tickets for each game and come out ahead next year.

I would love to see the numbers of people who did not renew. I've had tickets for 15 years and just let them go. My club seats had an increase of $200 a seat and I found myself going to less games than in the past. I also gave a rant to the guy on the phone, and he said that's all he's been hearing. Now, the more people I know and run into around town have also told me they let their tickets go as well. It has to be ugly. And I'm sure they aren't scrambling at all.

I also think something has to be done with the transfer protocol now that athletes can make money. They should have a commitment, even two years, when you agree to come to a school and get a free ride.
I could see contracts for players as the next step.

They are clearly banking on the increased ticket prices making up for the lost revenue from non renewals in the short term, maybe even accepting a revenue loss. Now they can establish a new baseline cost for when people buy them in the future whether that’s 2023 or beyond

We didn’t renew either, 6 seats, tailgate spot. Sad we let them go, but no longer a justifiable expense.

They are clearly banking on the increased ticket prices making up for the lost revenue from non renewals in the short term, maybe even accepting a revenue loss. Now they can establish a new baseline cost for when people buy them in the future whether that’s 2023 or beyond
Seems to be the case. Seems short-sided to me. Not only are they potentially losing revenue in non renewals, the amount of concession revenue being lost is not a small dollar amount now that beer is sold in the stadium.

Seems to be the case. Seems short-sided to me. Not only are they potentially losing revenue in non renewals, the amount of concession revenue being lost is not a small dollar amount now that beer is sold in the stadium.
It's a gamble, but they also know Colorado is a fairweather sports state with every sport, college or pro, except for the Broncos who are essentially bulletproof. Tickets will be sold again if the program starts winning, and if it doesn't, then they are going to lose the current season ticket holders anyways.

This comment will surely receive pushback, but people here act as if the AD is tone deaf with raising ticket prices. I assure you, they are not. It's 100% a calculated move where they have decided the non-renewals lost are worth establishing the new baseline cost for season tickets and donations and may even be revenue neutral in the near term with the people who DO renew making up for it. Will be interesting to compare 2021 to 2022 revenue this time next year.

It's a gamble, but they also know Colorado is a fairweather sports state with every sport, college or pro, except for the Broncos who are essentially bulletproof. Tickets will be sold again if the program starts winning, and if it doesn't, then they are going to lose the current season ticket holders anyways.

This comment will surely receive pushback, but people here act as if the AD is tone deaf with raising ticket prices. I assure you, they are not. It's 100% a calculated move where they have decided the non-renewals lost are worth establishing the new baseline cost for season tickets and donations and may even be revenue neutral in the near term with the people who DO renew making up for it. Will be interesting to compare 2021 to 2022 revenue this time next year.
I think you are probably right. My concern is that the tipping point has been reached, and a large number of people who have weathered the storm are done and not coming back. Put in economic terms, ticket demand became much more elastic given the lengthy period of sub-mediocrity.

It is going to be hard to draw a lot of those people back in the face of higher baseline prices unless you really start winning. By that, I don't mean a string of 5-7, 6-6 seasons. The probability of CU being a perennial 8-9 win season seems pretty low at this point.

Folsom Field is going to look like most of the rest of the PAC12 football stadiums. Empty and boring.

Fair enough. I’m sure it was calculated and probably a good move because I wasn’t going to renew even if there was 0 increase.

My rep has called me every week for like 6 weeks. Haven’t renewed yet but I’m sure I will

Fair enough. I’m sure it was calculated and probably a good move because I wasn’t going to renew even if there was 0 increase.
Exactly, and I have a feeling most of the people in this thread are in that same boat.

Also, 2023 home schedule features Nebraska, CSU and USC... I have a feeling they aren't going to be hurting for ticket sales next season

Exactly, and I have a feeling most of the people in this thread are in that same boat.

Also, 2023 home schedule features Nebraska, CSU and USC... I have a feeling they aren't going to be hurting for ticket sales next season
You’re 100% correct.

Its just a short term exercise in observing price elasticity, but the real goal is to establish a new price floor. Lots of new tickets will be sold with next year’s schedule, especially if they bring in a new HC after we win 1 game this year

It’s a public institution. There’s always money in the banana stand to do stuff like this. I see it as a full tank year a la Cleveland browns or dolphins.

You’re 100% correct.

Its just a short term exercise in observing price elasticity, but the real goal is to establish a new price floor. Lots of new tickets will be sold with next year’s schedule, especially if they bring in a new HC after we win 1 game this year

It’s a public institution. There’s always money in the banana stand to do stuff like this. I see it as a full tank year a la Cleveland browns or dolphins.
Didn't they say some Nebraska fans had to buy season tickets in 2019 because their "allotment" of single tix for the game ran out so quickly and the AD structured that game as only available through season tix?

2023 is a prime year for them to limit single game ticket sales and force Nebraska and CSU games as a 4 game bundle or season tickets.

I use this thread as a venting session because I would love to be in Boulder on Saturdays in the fall, but I just have had enough. Nothing wrong with that. I'll keep my or upgrade my basketball tickets and likely will be back in 2023 with the schedule and a new coach.

So your argument is, what, renewals are up?
The team is under good stewardship?
Colorado’s current setup doesn’t look like mediocrity?
My point is who cares that you aren't renewing? This thread is a bunch of people telling sob stories about how long they owned the tickets while trying to justify why they aren't buying tickets. It's like people need approval from AllBuffs to drop their tickets.

Either buy tickets or don't, but posting about it here isn't going to change anything. If you donated enough for the AD to care I'm sure you could get a meeting with Rick to tell him in person.

My point is who cares that you aren't renewing? This thread is a bunch of people telling sob stories about how long they owned the tickets while trying to justify why they aren't buying tickets. It's like people need approval from AllBuffs to drop their tickets.

Either buy tickets or don't, but posting about it here isn't going to change anything. If you donated enough for the AD to care I'm sure you could get a meeting with Rick to tell him in person.
Fair, but you also don't have to read it.

Back