What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - (RV) MEN'S bball on the road to face #10 Arizona (Thurs.,1/4/24, 7:30 PM MT; ESPN) & ASU (Sat., 6:00 PM MT; ESPNU)

I haven’t been watching much of MBB this season, but seeing the final score of this game was a punch in the face/gut/nuts. Probably one of the better teams, on paper, that Tad has had, if not the best… Granted games like this happen, but playing against UA, this was a game I was hoping to get during the excitement building over the spring/summer…
We were playing walk ons.

It's hard to imagine how much worse that game would have been without Eddie Lampkin. He seemed to be the only one who showed up. I don't think Lovering would have survived that had he stayed. UA and their crowd always seems to be super hyped to play us, as if we were ASU. They return the hate much greater than any other fan base. They really will fit in well with B12. Fan girth is also a good match.
Lovering would have had 3 fouls in the first if he played as many minutes as Eddie, and at least 3 turnovers and 0 pts.

I still think Lovering is better than some posters think, but Ballo would have eaten his lunch on both ends.

Was that also a message to Cody about his school of choice? 5* from Arizona not going to Arizona.
He had to sit and watch it

I stopped watching after Eddie got his second foul and came out. Did Dak get significant minutes? I think the last couple of games have underscored how important it is for us to have a competent back up for Eddie. Hurlburt is not it and Diop is too small.

Who cares that we lost on the road to a top 10 team without two of our top 3 players (both of whom are probably top 50 players nationally)? We just need to get healthy and into a rhythm when they get back in the lineup.

I stopped watching after Eddie got his second foul and came out. Did Dak get significant minutes? I think the last couple of games have underscored how important it is for us to have a competent back up for Eddie. Hurlburt is not it and Diop is too small.

Who cares that we lost on the road to a top 10 team without two of our top 3 players (both of whom are probably top 50 players nationally)? We just need to get healthy and into a rhythm when they get back in the lineup.
That was weird. He quickly got called for his second foul and had to sit. Then a minute or two later they said that the foul call on Lampkin was wrong, should’ve been one of the other guys, and he was able to return when play stopped.

I remember Chauncey's Buffs getting blown out by a similar margin in Lawrence, then later that season went on to beat Indiana and Bobby Knight in the first round of the Dance. I believe that Buffs team was at full strength. Sometimes the stars align against you and stinkers happen. Let's move on.

Brother Ray Page, a teacher at St. Anthony High School in Jersey City, N.J., claims he once had to explain a geographical conundrum to his student, Bobby Hurley, who would go on to play for the Sacramento Kings:

“[Bobby Hurley] once asked me if Beirut was named after that famous baseball player who hit home runs.”

College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

If that's a T, Bobby Hurley will be thrown out of this game.
I just said the exact same thing to Mrs torero. If that’s a technical, Hurley should have about 7 by the end of the game.

This is how Arizona state should be officiated at all times. It’s the Hurley way, foul constantly and dare the officials to call it. Is it a Barkley quote about all 5 guys fouling at the same time, they can only call one. Maybe John Thompson?

The screens and sound system here would make all of you beg for the folsom field eq from 25 years ago

This is how Arizona state should be officiated at all times. It’s the Hurley way, foul constantly and dare the officials to call it. Is it a Barkley quote about all 5 guys fouling at the same time, they can only call one. Maybe John Thompson?
Yeah, their defensive strategy relies on refs not calling fouls.

Back