What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

He's pushing now. If he's not done for the season, he may need to sit just to settle him down
Not the worst idea. I am really trying to figure out if it Sefo or the way he is being coached on 3rd and medium or less. He still seems to treat many downs and distances the same. That second fumble was a great example. Is quick release not being stressed enough?

Not the worst idea. I am really trying to figure out if it Sefo or the way he is being coached on 3rd and medium or less. He still seems to treat many downs and distances the same. That second fumble was a great example. Is quick release not being stressed enough?
He got caught holding the ball too long a few times, which has not been the problem so far. Disappointing.

That's why I think he should work with someone, situational football. You need that at qb, you're the man. Know when it's ok to check it down, progressions, all that stuff.

If we're counting on Sefo's development, it is absolutely critical that Spruce is back next year. It is hard for me to see Sefo progressing much without Spruce as part of the receiving corps.

When I consider whether Sefo will be a "top third" QB next year, the question I ask is whether there are three or fewer returning or incoming Pac-12 QBs we would take over Sefo. Right now, I'd trade Sefo for Solomon, Bercovici and whoever UCLA or USC throws out next year. Maybe even Wilson at Utah (0 picks this year). And that is just the Pac-12 South.

You have to remember that Sefo does a llot of things well and is the reason that CU is in some of these games. You can focus on the mistakes but another QB may not have CU in the game to begin with. We have to hope that Sefo makes a big leap as a QB and eliminates his mistakes next year.

Gehrke is not the and Apsay will be a Frosh with not experience prone to mistakes.

Gehrke looked completely shell shocked to me, so hard to see what we have here. I'm guessing its probably not any better than Sefo. We are what we are at the QB position. For as many things as Sefo does right, he makes a mistake to cover it up. Very frustrating as I really want him to succeed.

If Sefo can at least cut half of these mental mistakes down next year, we could be in business. If not, then I guess we better hope Apsay is ready to go.

sefo has made a bunch of mistakes... but face it 26 or so td passes... i think hes the man for the next two years... hopefully he improves and the oline improves as well.... we have a shot at being very good on offense the next couple years

I thought I heard Mac say one INT was the receiver running the wrong route. The other was Sefo getting hit. I'm not trying to make excuses, but maybe the 4 TOs weren't all his fault.

Let the rants begin...

I thought I heard Mac say one INT was the receiver running the wrong route. The other was Sefo getting hit. I'm not trying to make excuses, but maybe the 4 TOs weren't all his fault.

Let the rants begin...
Impossible, it's all Sefo's fault

I thought I heard Mac say one INT was the receiver running the wrong route. The other was Sefo getting hit. I'm not trying to make excuses, but maybe the 4 TOs weren't all his fault.Let the rants begin...
I don't think anyone believes all four were Sefo's fault. No one is even saying we are losing solely because of Sefo. But let's say two were Sefo's fault last night. How many road games are you going to win -2 in turnovers?

Sefo has no situational awareness and holds on to the ball too long. He fails to recognize blitzes too. He doesn't step into the pocket, but rolls out. Half of his sacks are on him.

The other are because someone failed their assignment and let them through completely untouched.

Sefo has no situational awareness and holds on to the ball too long. He fails to recognize blitzes too. He doesn't step into the pocket, but rolls out. Half of his sacks are on him.

The other are because someone failed their assignment and let them through completely untouched.
Yep. These are things that Sefo can work on in the offseason. If he and the team can limit themselves to half of these next year, you'll see a major step forward.

Gehrke has much better arm strength, but his accuracy didn't inspire a ton of confidence. Be interested in what happens this week with Sefo and his recovery. He should be the guy if he is healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recognizing blitzes, stepping up into the pocket, which in turn would limit the turnovers we are seeing.

He continues to stare down guys too. His mechanics are a bit awkward, but are doable.

That's a lot of work to do in one offseason I feel.

This is all I'm going to say about Sefo this week:

Football is a team game. You can't really blame one guy for most losses, even a QB. But a pattern is a pattern, and we keep losing winnable games because he makes key mistake and is a turnover machine.

I understand he is 19, but he has a complete season's plus worth of starting experience under his belt. He will be able to learn as he gets older and even more experienced, and perhaps the poor reads will be remedied, but he has started enough games that the getting flustered and making mental errors should be starting to subside. It seems to me it's getting worse.

I hope that it's an open competition in the spring.

I hate a QB who throws Ints that lead to the other team scoring points. Damn, he throw for a lot of yards last week but those 2 picks sucked. Yeah, that peyton manning sucks. Time for the back up, manning has alreay throw 2 that have led to points against da Raiders. Get the bum out!!! j/k

Gerkhe is not the answer. We DON"T have anyone else on our team to play QB. The only way Sefo gets better is that he continues to play until we can recruit the next Koy Detmer if and when alias Koy DECIDES he wants to play for CU.

No comparison to Sefo and Manning should be done in the same breath. Straw man. We aren't comparing him to Manning.

Manning has had bad games. It happens to everyone. But good QBs are consistently good. Not consistently throwing pick 6s.

Let the rants begin...

Sefo has thrown the ball 453 times this year. That's the issue.

But here are some stats that I find interesting.

Solomon for Zona, a freakign freshman: 402 attempts, 2816 yards, 25 TD, 5 Int

Sefo: 453 attempts, 2842 yards, 26 TD, 14 Int.

I like RR's system. I think Solomon is throwing to receivers who are open because opposing defenses have to respect Solomon's running game. It's like 12 guys on the field. It's the system, not the player. RR never has a problem finding guys to do this.

Sefo has thrown the ball 453 times this year. That's the issue.

But here are some stats that I find interesting.

Solomon for Zona, a freakign freshman: 402 attempts, 2816 yards, 25 TD, 5 Int

Sefo: 453 attempts, 2842 yards, 26 TD, 14 Int.

I like RR's system. I think Solomon is throwing to receivers who are open because opposing defenses have to respect Solomon's running game. It's like 12 guys on the field. It's the system, not the player. RR never has a problem finding guys to do this.

Solomon with 105 yards rushing against CU.

Back