What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

Not the worst idea. I am really trying to figure out if it Sefo or the way he is being coached on 3rd and medium or less. He still seems to treat many downs and distances the same. That second fumble was a great example. Is quick release not being stressed enough?
Dunno. But when he presses, it's obvious. That 2d INT was pure desperation. He should have taken the sack when the LG and LT let the DE (DT?) in on him unblocked, but instead he threw it up and got knocked out of the game. Horrible play all around. They might be coaching him to ignore down and distance type fears cause it stops him from looking for the right play?

Anyways, at least he didn't throw one of those picks where he stared down a receiver. instead, we had an overthrow (or a wrong route?) and a desperation heave. Progress?

The theme of this year is this team learning every which way you can lose a game.

Last edited:
Dunno. But when he presses, it's obvious. That 2d INT was pure desperation. He should have taken the sack when the LG and LT let the DE (DT?) in on him unblocked, but instead he threw it up and got knocked out of the game. Horrible play all around. They might be coaching him to ignore down and distance type fears cause it stops him from looking for the right play?

Anyways, at least he didn't throw one of those picks where he stared down a receiver. instead, we had an overthrow (or a wrong route?) and a desperation heave. Progress?

The theme of this year is this team learning every which way you can lose a game.
And I took encouragement from the UMass win as the team learning how to win a game on the road. I knew UMass wasn't that good and we should have never been down in the first place, but still, it takes presence to come back and win like that.

I guess I was wrong.

Thought I heard Mac say in the post game it was a wrong route.

Sefo has thrown the ball 453 times this year. That's the issue.

But here are some stats that I find interesting.

Solomon for Zona, a freakign freshman: 402 attempts, 2816 yards, 25 TD, 5 Int

Sefo: 453 attempts, 2842 yards, 26 TD, 14 Int.

I like RR's system. I think Solomon is throwing to receivers who are open because opposing defenses have to respect Solomon's running game. It's like 12 guys on the field. It's the system, not the player. RR never has a problem finding guys to do this.

Solomon also has a better OL in front of him and better recievers. Spruce may be better than anyone that ASU has but he has a variety of guys. Makes it easier.

Your point still is valid though. The threat of him running certainly gives the defense another issue to worry about.

sefo is certainly pressing. i'm hoping it is sophomore slump, combined with the position the team finds itself in, but who knows...

until someone else shows they can beat him out, he's the guy.

The first fumble was completely on Crabb. I re-watched it and he got beat like a rented mule. The second fumble, Sefo tried to side step a rusher and exposed the ball a little too much.

The first fumble was completely on Crabb. I re-watched it and he got beat like a rented mule. The second fumble, Sefo tried to side step a rusher and exposed the ball a little too much.

Right on both. On the first one he got hit quickly, second one he would have been fine had he pulled the ball down into his body, instead he tried to hold it up in traffic and it got taken out of his grip.

Even if the OL let a guy through ball security is still his problem. I didn't dvr the game so I can't rewatch. How was the ball security on that first fumble? Shot happens and Sefo isn't really a fumbling machine.

In fact I think Solomon had a lot of botched snaps....that ended going for 15 yards. Damn it.

i do agree with one point in this thread...a running threat at the qb position is almost a must in todays college game... look how good a passer mannion is at oregon st...a pro prospect ...but because he is not a running threat it really hurts the beavers o

i do agree with one point in this thread...a running threat at the qb position is almost a must in todays college game... look how good a passer mannion is at oregon st...a pro prospect ...but because he is not a running threat it really hurts the beavers o

So you're saying that dual threat quarterbacks are better in bed?

I don't necessarily think we need a running qb, but perhaps somebody that's athletic enough to run when needed. Maybe run a few zone reads here and there.

I don't necessarily think we need a running qb, but perhaps somebody that's athletic enough to run when needed. Maybe run a few zone reads here and there.

Yes, I like a system where the QB can disrupt the defense by running the ball. I doubt there are more demoralizing things on the football field as when a defense does everything right on a third and eight....everyone is covered, all defensive players in the right position making the right reads....only to have the QB tuck and run for nine yards to get the first down. To have that happen consistently in a game is a killer for a defense. Then they adjust and magically it gets easier to pass.

We should recruit a player like William Wallace. Heard that dude was seven feet tall, and that he consumed enemies with fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse! That is the type of play-maker who could revolutionize an offense. Scotland is widely untapped in terms of recruiting.

If we can't get that caliber of player, a dual threat QB makes a lot of sense.

There are a million quality dual threat guys out there in high school that don't get recruited because they might be a few inches too short or not have a rocket arm due to inefficiencies and biases in the recruiting paradigm. I think this is where the "money ball" factor comes into play.

There are a million quality dual threat guys out there in high school that don't get recruited because they might be a few inches too short or not have a rocket arm due to inefficiencies and biases in the recruiting paradigm. I think this is where the "money ball" factor comes into play.
Oh so you're talking about Bernard Jackson

Bernard Jackson is not even a good example of what CTF was talking about.
It's more of an example to show that just because a QB has some wheels doesn't mean it's going to benefit the offense, which seems to go against the grain for some who believe a running QB solves everything.

Maybe that's what CTF was talking about. Maybe not. Guess I don't care all that much. A running QB doesn't solve all the problems just like that.

A lot of those guys are also being recruited to a different position in college.

I took CTF to be saying that there are athletic QBs out there who do not fit the traditional mold, but could be worth the gamble due to the sheer number of changes the spread has brought to high school football. Not sure I totally buy it, but I think there is some validity to it. The zone read is a great equalizer.

Oh so you're talking about Bernard Jackson

Collin+Klein+ha9-kdnJOg-m.jpg

BOULDER, Colo. -- Ka'Deem Carey rushed for four touchdowns and Arizona extended Colorado's Pac-12 losing streak to a dozen games with a 44-20 win over the Buffaloes on Saturday night.
Carey, the nation's leading rusher, ran for 119 yards on 23 carries. But it was his quarterback,B.J. Denker, who surprised the Buffs on the ground with a career-best 192 yards on 15 keepers.

BJ Denker was a football nobody before and after senior year at AZ....but very effective

and Denker had 102 yards rushing when they beat Oregon last year

Accuracy has to be first and foremost when evaluating quarterbacks IMO.

I agree, but I would also add that accuracy is also a function of what kind of passes you're asking your QB to make.

I doubt Auburn's qb will play qb in the nfl, but i really don't know enough to really say that, just my guess.

Back