What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

anyone have a recent photo of the guy? I assumed he retired, moved next to a Krispy Kreme, and morphed further into a Violet Beauregard clone.
JabbaPromo.jpg

Actually, from what I hear the B4L doofuses are mad at Bohn precisely because he won't comp them tix and free beers,just because they are former players!

BS I know a few who pay for their tix in club level and they don't complain. They get a deal for the first 5 years after playing days but none that I know complain about giving back to the school.

Mile High Sports had an interesting interview with Gary Barnett. He thinks this started a while ago and from higher up than Bohn. He thinks that they hired someone (probably Chuck Neinas) to search for candidates and one of them agreed to take the job on Saturday so they fired Embree. That would explain why Embree was so shocked and why Bohn gave every impression that Embree would be retained. He wasn't in the loop.
I totally believe Bohn has been doing "research."

BS I know a few who pay for their tix in club level and they don't complain. They get a deal for the first 5 years after playing days but none that I know complain about giving back to the school.

I was referring specifically to the talking heads. I sit around a couple of former players and their families in Sec 118, I don't think they have been all too impressed with this year or last.

I was referring specifically to the talking heads. I sit around a couple of former players and their families in Sec 118, I don't think they have been all too impressed with this year or last.

I am former player family and none of what you said connects, and my kid didn't rape anyone while he was there in spite of what some jerks with a keyboard and internet connection want to say.

I am former player family and none of what you said connects, and my kid didn't rape anyone while he was there in spite of what some jerks with a keyboard and internet connection want to say.

What??? That just took a left turn. Where did you get that from my original thought wondering if the former players in the media actually contribute financially to the program?? Why does their voice count more than anybody else. If they are contributing then they should have there say, but to continually bash what was done while ignoring the obvious facts rubs me the wrong way. The original question still stands, do Al, Klatt, and CJ make enough of a financial contribution to warrant their outrage?

Ok I am finally home and getting ready to watch the press conference since I couldn't watch it at work today -

What local radio interviews should I tee up next? I want to listen to Wilcots and Klatt and Bohn, but there were a number of appearances throughout the day - any input on which were the most interesting?

Ok I am finally home and getting ready to watch the press conference since I couldn't watch it at work today -

What local radio interviews should I tee up next? I want to listen to Wilcots and Klatt and Bohn, but there were a number of appearances throughout the day - any input on which were the most interesting?

Alfred Williams with Bohn was epic.

JE's interview with CJ and Kreckman:
http://www.denverssportsstation.com/common/page.php?pt=CJandKreckman_Replay&id=85

What amazes me is that Embree says he doesn't understand why he was fired. Then he talked about how Bohn said the trajectory of the program was not good, and JE said that "everything in the program was trending upward except wins and losses"

Did JE realize what he just said there?

What amazes me is that Embree says he doesn't understand why he was fired. Then he talked about how Bohn said the trajectory of the program was not good, and JE said that "everything in the program was trending upward except wins and losses"

"Instead of hoping to win, expect to win. Even next year," Jon Embree to the crowd at his first recruiting luncheon, February 3, 2011, on how he was going to change the team's attitude (I took notes). Wins and losses seemed pretty important to him back then.

What??? That just took a left turn. Where did you get that from my original thought wondering if the former players in the media actually contribute financially to the program?? Why does their voice count more than anybody else. If they are contributing then they should have there say, but to continually bash what was done while ignoring the obvious facts rubs me the wrong way. The original question still stands, do Al, Klatt, and CJ make enough of a financial contribution to warrant their outrage?

Buffson lived with Klatt for a year so he was around with the crowd you are talking about. Not sure what Matt or Joel give to the program, what don't you ask them? I know #1 gives and he doesn't say squat about whats going on except support for the players and school. Come at me when you have some facts to back up your speculation.

This Wilcots interview is fantastic. "You've got to build on what's already there. As a coach, a manager of assets and resources, you have to take what you've got and get the best out of it."

We'll see all of these "Buffs" true colors in the weeks to come. If they're truly who they say they are, they'll continue to support he program. If not, good riddance.

Embree got swept in consecutive games by Colorado State, Cal State - Sacramento, and Cal State - Fresno. What more is there to say? How many posters in this thread were even aware that Sacramento State had a football program prior to CU scheduling them? For that matter, how many were even aware that such a university existed?

Embree got swept in consecutive games by Colorado State, Cal State - Sacramento, and Cal State - Fresno. What more is there to say? How many posters in this thread were even aware that Sacramento State had a football program prior to CU scheduling them? For that matter, how many were even aware that such a university existed?

I did, because Sac State is a funny name for a college. As a teen, that was my 2nd favorite collegiate hat, after anything from South Carolina that said C**ks on it.

Bohn on with Evans and Klatt at 8am. Surprised Bohn is willing to go back on The Fan after Big Al's meltdown yesterday. Will be interested to hear how condescending Klatt is.

Local Media Coverage of the firing - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown on Twitter

Bohn is on at 8.

Gotta give Bohn credit for doing every radio show in town knowing these fools are waiting to skewer him.

Bohn on with Evans and Klatt at 8am. Surprised Bohn is willing to go back on The Fan after Big Al's meltdown yesterday. Will be interested to hear how condescending Klatt is.

I expect Klatt to make an ass of himself. Love to hear overview from anyone when available (rep).

So far Klatt is asking the same questions as the other Embree apologists.

Strangely, Bohn sounds like he's getting used to answering them.

Back