What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Right there? For me, Klatt is getting dangerously close to pRick Reilly Territory.
He usually has an agenda, but that was some tortured **** he just said. And no, he didn't say that **** to Bohn's face. He waited to respond until after he was off the air to explain away the answer.

Bohn isn't the most likeable guy, but he gave a definitive answer to that question. Klatt is still living in 2003.

So, Klatt calling Bohn a liar and Big Al saying he doesn't like the AD. If I were Bohn, I'd never even consider going on The Fan again - bush league.

What i think is funny is that over the past 48 hrs all the B4Lers have stated that the problem with CU football is Mike Bohn. Maybe so, but if you had a different AD at the time of the JE hire, JE would NEVER have been hired. Further, if you had fired Bohn last month and brought in a new AD, JE would still have been fired.

Bohn crushed Klatt, so now Klatt just outright lies.

They have successfully changed the narrative from Embree's miserable performance to Bohn.

Can't sit back and watch, on my soapbox now. What Klatt and the B4Lers fail to acknowledge is that CU Football was around and successful waaay before they were even stains in their daddy's shorts. Mac included. And it will be around and successful waaaay after they are gone. This isn't about B4L. This isn't about Embree. This isn't about Bohn. The PROGRAM trumps all. I repeat, nothing and no one is bigger than the PROGRAM. It seems to me there are some Buffs out there who seem to have forgotten what the PROGRAM did for them and that their loyalties do not lie with one individual, one person, or one agenda, but with the PROGRAM.

What i think is funny is that over the past 48 hrs all the B4Lers have stated that the problem with CU football is Mike Bohn. Maybe so, but if you had a different AD at the time of the JE hire, JE would NEVER have been hired. Further, if you had fired Bohn last month and brought in a new AD, JE would still have been fired.

Excellent observation. This needs to be repeated. The hypocricy of the B4L group is sickening.

Now our awful football program is the result of the academic advisors?? :lol:

I found the online stream... wtf was that guy talking about with academic advisors were/are screwing up the program? What's the foundation for that?

I also like how they then read all these anti-Bohn texts.

It's getting ridiculous. They (CJ, Klatt, Big Al) have succeeded in manufacturing a narrative and non-diehards are eating it up. Meanwhile Frei and Kiszla are blinded by the emotion of the press conference.

The real issue from my perspective is that aside from a few guys at Mile High Sports, no one has the platform to counter these guys. Bohn is doing his best, but they are doing everything possible to discredit him.

I can't wait until the emotions ebb and we can get back to being Buffs and rooting for the team and program.

"Can't we all just get along". :nod:

I know this is crazy talk in this Allbuffs place....but maybe, by chance maybe, it isn't just the Media that is pissed off about Bohn here??

Listening to all these callers and many folks I've talked to.....there is much more distrust and anger for Bohn and the Administration and it isn't all at the hands of B4Lers

We have a serious problem here and it's being taken quite lightly on this board, which is interesting for me to watch

The thing that pisses me off is that I AGREE with them that we need reform in the administration. We all AGREE with that - but these personalities are completely toxic

Listening to Klatt be a blowhard... he's telling the University to stop making excuses for why CU can't be good. Isn't that all we heard the Embree/Buff4Life group whining about yesterday?

I know this is crazy talk in this Allbuffs place....but maybe, by chance maybe, it isn't just the Media that is pissed off about Bohn here??

Listening to all these callers and many folks I've talked to.....there is much more distrust and anger for Bohn and the Administration and it isn't all at the hands of B4Lers

We have a serious problem here and it's being taken quite lightly on this board, which is interesting for me to watch

We can only solve one issue at a time. No one denies there are systemic issues in the department - but Embree is being made out as a victim and Bohn as a villain when it is not that cut and dry. The B4L crew has managed to create their own narrative because they have a monopoly on Denver media - and now the public is buying in because they've been inundated with one side of the story.

we all agree with that. However, we are trying to make CU better. Klatt and them just want their pound of flesh. It's petty.

What the **** Klatt?

If there are all these positives about the athletic department, why aren't we talking about them?

Listening to Klatt be a blowhard... he's telling the University to stop making excuses for why CU can't be good. Isn't that all we heard the Embree/Buff4Life group whining about yesterday?

Exactly - I texted that in to them. THey never read my texts :lol:

**** this.

Mark Wetmore wins Pac-12 titles under Bohn
Tad Boyle wins Pac-12 titles under Bohn
Richard Rokos wins national titles under Bohn

Bohn is not incompetent. He made one bad hire (Halkins) and was forced to make another. This is ridiculous.

I disagree, Rraalph.

There has been a pretty steady anti-administration sentiment on Allbuffs encompassing the AD up to the President.

However, in my opinion it's inappropriately framed in this broader context of the Embree fire.

Are there systemic problems? Yes. Should Embree have been fired? I think so.

But the media are framing those issues in such a manner that it forces people take sides along Embree or Bohn lines. It's an artificial, and unnecessary distinction.

I want to be highly disappointed in Embree, and agree with is firing AND be angry at Bohn for the state of our program on his watch. Unfortunately, nobody wants to handle the discussion in a manner that permits both.

Therefore, I'm reduced to rooting for Bohn against Klatt. It sucks.

I can't stand Bohn but I'm getting really mad that 104.3 is slanting the news to fulfill their agenda.

Of course we have a serious problem. But sorry if I am annoyed about a clear agenda being carried out right now. If they want to have a honest discussion about the CU athletic department, I think it would be great. But Klatt and others are not interested in doing anything of the sort.

Do I trust Mike Bohn knows what he is doing? Not really. Do I think everyone ripping on him these last two days has a better alternative? Not really.

**** this.

Bohn is not incompetent. He made one bad hire (Halkins) and was forced to make another. This is ridiculous.

I applaud Bohn for apparently making an unpopular media decision, but there is a lot he has not done or done poorly. He seemed to acknowledge that in his press conference, so I am hopeful for the future.

I texted and asked Evans to call out Klatt's and other ex-player's roles in getting Embree hired and ask him why he's only interested in defending Embree and attacking Bohn.

I got a text back from Klatt saying he's not interesting in defending Embree but talking about the direction of the AD.

I texted back that saying no one could win in this culture is defending Embree.

I didn't hear back - and I sure as hell didn't hear either of my texts on the air.

Last edited:
**** this.

That's great and all, but CU has won XC and Skiing titles for ages with or without Bohn and without Football succeeding these programs do not exist as they cannot be funded

The hang your hat on Basketball is a tough one for me to attribute entirely to Bohn....without Bzdelik putting the new facilities in his contract is the team as successful today??

Bohn also signed off on Embree....if he was pressured into okaying that hire and stayed with his job/not resigned, that concerns me more that he's OK to be pushed around as the CEO of the Athletic Dept.

Back