What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

CJ and Kreckman are still being immature about things. First they were bragging about how they've been bagging on Bohn for weeks, and that was after CJ bitched about and made fun of CU fans who show any support for the administration.

Krekman has no clue how to form an argument. He let it be known that it's Bohn's fault if MacIntyre doesn't work out, but he shouldn't get credit if he does, as it was Bohn's "fourth choice." You can't have it both ways. At least CJ gave the "I'll give my full support to the coach" statement. I'm glad we can finally move forward. If radio personalities can't do that, then they won't have me as a listener during my drive home.

Kreckman and CJ are such douches

Guess which radio stations aren't getting an interview this afternoon....

He's on with Al and Dmac right now, but I'm not listening- nothing good can come of this for MacI

Bohn didn't back down from these guys the day of the press conference announcing Embree's firing, and did radio internviews. Coach Mac should be doing the same.

They just basically cut Al off on his own show

It was obvious too. They were only live on air for about a minute after a commercial break, and then they went to another commercial break when Al was moaning and groaning.

I wonder how much longer the powers that be at 1043 are going to let Al and "Sudden, unannounced Vacation" Klatt pursue their obvious emotion driven agenda/vendetta?

Al was a good player and has a big personality. But he really doesn't know **** and is dead wrong. He can play football, but can't talk football.

I wonder how much longer the powers that be at 1043 are going to let Al and "Sudden, unannounced Vacation" Klatt pursue their obvious emotion driven agenda/vendetta?

Klatt has gone on an undercover mission to subvert the new coach Mac.

Seriously, the only way to shut the former player media guys up is to be much improved and start grabbing some W's quickly. Even then, they'll bitch and moan that JE wasn't given enough support. At the end of the interview with Al/Dmac, Mac said he'd like to sit down with Al, and Al's response was non receptive--a douchebag move by Al IMO.

Klatt has gone on an undercover mission to subvert the new coach Mac.

Seriously, the only way to shut the former player media guys up is to be much improved and start grabbing some W's quickly. Even then, they'll bitch and moan that JE wasn't given enough support. At the end of the interview with Al/Dmac, Mac said he'd like to sit down with Al, and Al's response was non receptive--a douchebag move by Al IMO.

It's lose/lose for MacIntyre and the AD.

If he wins games then it's evidence that the AD didn't give Embree enough time to play the talent he developed.

If he doesn't win games it's further evidence nobody can win at CU under the current admin.

It's lose/lose for MacIntyre and the AD.

If he wins games then it's evidence that the AD didn't give Embree enough time to play the talent he developed.

If he doesn't win games it's further evidence nobody can win at CU under the current admin.

Nope not evidence of that at all. "Fake" Buffs like Alfred Williams may say that, but who gives a **** what he says. In fact it will be evidence that the last staff couldn't coach and Bohn did the right thing. If Mac wins games, it'll be a great situation for him and the program.

Nope not evidence of that at all. "Fake" Buffs like Alfred Williams may say that, but who gives a **** what he says. In fact it will be evidence that the last staff couldn't coach and Bohn did the right thing. If Mac wins games, it'll be a great situation for him and the program.

Of course it's not evidence. I was simply representing their viewpoint on the matter.

They just basically cut Al off on his own show

I was listening live when this happened. The program director cut into the show and took Al to task. He said "for people listening right now, it's obvious where your bias is". Or words to that effect. Really cut Al off at the knees, IMO. Was somewhat gratifying to hear, frankly.

Al is dead wrong but I still respect him as a Buff, he is a guy who played on pure emotion and he broadcast on pure emotion. He doesn't try to pretend like he is unbiased or objective. Embree is a friend of his, EB is a good friend of his, and Kanavis who was part of the staff is more than a good friend, Al refers to him as a brother.

I don't agree with Al's take on things but at least he is honest about where he comes from.

The problem comes from clowns like Klatt who try to act like they are objective, professional broadcasters/journalist but who hide behind that while driving an agenda despite the clear evidence.

In the end I think Al will come around and be a supporter of the new staff and be willing to at least work with Bohn. Klatt will put on his fake face and continue to grind his objective to the detriment of the school, the program, the kids, and in the end any remaining credibility he might have. Of course that won't bother him in a town that has produced RipReilly and Jizma.

Last edited:
I was listening live when this happened. The program director cut into the show and took Al to task. He said "for people listening right now, it's obvious where your bias is". Or words to that effect. Really cut Al off at the knees, IMO. Was somewhat gratifying to hear, frankly.
Who was the former SJSU player that stuck it to Al on the air? Told Al straight up he had sour grapes going, to let it go, and move on. Pretty sweet. Also, I agree with Mtn. Al's still a buff.

See? You go on a boycott of these dumbasses, and you miss classic **** like that.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Alfred from what he did on the field, both in Boulder and Denver, but I don't think I can support his radio show anymore. But I still would have loved hearing that.

Combined with Klatt's sudden 'sabbatical', I wonder if the bosses of the Fan are tired of this ****. And maybe a little concerned that they are going to get cut out of the loop in Boulder. I don't give a ****. 93.7/1510 is a good sports station.

Wish Klatt would be a true Buff and follow BobbyPesavento's lead.

@BobbyPesavento: I'm excited about the #CUBuffs hire! Congrats Coach MacIntyre! All Buffs get on board and let's get this going! #runralphierun

@BobbyPesavento: @shanedillonqb7 Awesome! Get after it! If you need anything let me know.

Got a chance to listen to big al on podcast...he's entitled to his opinion no matter how idiotic it is.

How does Klatt take a vacation during football time? This is probably the month with the highest ratings for the FAN. What a joker.

How does Klatt take a vacation during football time? This is probably the month with the highest ratings for the FAN. What a joker.

Ummmmmm... I kind of don't think the "vacation" was his idea, if you know what I mean.

Al is dead wrong but I still respect him as a Buff, he is a guy who played on pure emotion and he broadcast on pure emotion. He doesn't try to pretend like he is unbiased or objective. Embree is a friend of his, EB is a good friend of his, and Kanavis who was part of the staff is more than a good friend, Al refers to him as a brother.

I don't agree with Al's take on things but at least he is honest about where he comes from.

The problem comes from clowns like Klatt who try to act like they are objective, professional broadcasters/journalist but who hide behind that while driving an agenda despite the clear evidence.

In the end I think Al will come around and be a supporter of the new staff and be willing to at least work with Bohn. Klatt will put on his fake face and continue to grind his objective to the detriment of the school, the program, the kids, and in the end any remaining credibility he might have. Of course that won't bother him in a town that has produced RipReilly and Jizma.

Agree with you so I need to throw in the famous Klatt line

YOU ARE MAKING MY POINT

I listened to the interview a few minutes ago and thought it was going to be worse honestly. Al makes some good points but the money argument is stupid.

He is pissed Embree only made 700k and M&M is making over double.

Back