What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

Because southern Colorado has top tier competition too?

It seems pretty obvious from the highlights he has the talent and that skill will translate.

Are you going to answer Nik's question? Scott dominated top players last summer on the AAU circuit, hence why he got his high rating.

Can we just let this thread go? CSU has never, and will never be anything. CU hopes they have a great season, just like CU wishes UNC, DU and the Zoomies do well.

Run Ralphie!

Can we just let this thread go? CSU has never, and will never be anything. CU hopes they have a great season, just like CU wishes UNC, DU and the Zoomies do well.

Run Ralphie!

Speak for yourself but I ****ing hope they lose every game and watch them crash and burn after wasting all that money on the stadium.

Speak for yourself but I ****ing hope they lose every game and watch them crash and burn after wasting all that money on the stadium.

Meh. That gives them too much credit. They're so irrelevant it just doesn't even matter. CSU poses no threat to CU and never will. Other than the occasional brief half-hearted toying with the occasional lamb troll that pops up here, they never even cross my mind aside from a week in early September when we knock the **** out of them (even when we're terrible) and then it's "ho-hum", on to the real season.

I'll take Joe De Ciman against any of your recruits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVTtlNHkNMY
30pts, 13 reb, 6 assists a game
In Canada. Derp.

Every program in America would also take him over our recruits, that's why he doesn't have a profile on ESPN, Scout, or Rivals, and you had to fight off DU and South Dakota State to get him well after the national signing day, while Xavier Johnson only got offers from schools such as UCLA.

Anyone notice how at 6'4 he was the tallest player on the court in that highlight video? It's impressive to block shots from 5'11 white guys, too bad we missed him.

Because southern Colorado has top tier competition too?

It seems pretty obvious from the highlights he has the talent and that skill will translate.

Maybe not. What would you say about Southern California? That's where X played, won a state title, dunked over Austin Rivers, nbd.

Last edited:
It's ok 2 of our guys played 5A basketball and won state in CA. Scott also went from unranked to #62 because of steller AAU/camp performances

Just watched the vids, and I didn't see anything other than dunks/layups over 6 foot white canucks. His HL's didn't seem that impressive
Great prospect for CSU. While he's not special athletically, he does have excellent body control. A lot of those highlights were simply the result of a decent athlete who is 6'4" jumping higher than everyone else, none of whom are as tall as him. The college game is going to be a rude shock. Also, don't like his release point for his shot. I think he will be a good get for CSU.

As to wanting him over Jenkins and XJ (the two guys closest to his type in our class), :lol: no thanks.

I was playing basketball against a group of middle schoolers and I only averaged 28 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists per game, so don't laugh at his stats. I did average 4 juiceboxes after each game.

You guys are right...CU is going to get top recruits annually and Larry Eustachy and Co are going to be getting no body good.

CSU new commit for 2013
http://rivals.yahoo.com/coloradosta...Holt-113213;_ylt=AvAXIWi_l5pGkNYn2pZCbJPbrZB4

Those offers suck. oh wait

Those aren't his offers right now. He's JUCO.

However, you're foolish because on one hand, you argue stars/ratings don't matter. Then, you try and act like CSU can keep up with CU in landing top rated talent. Which will it be? Becuase you're wrong on both accounts.

Those aren't his offers right now. He's JUCO.
I'm not sure what his offer list looks like now as there isn't an up to date article, but he was a top 150 recruit with those offers out of high school. A lot of schools don't like recruiting JuCo's so the offers won't be as good I am sure.

I don't think you understand the concept of Devils advocate do you?

Devil's advocate isn't picking and choosing the argument that fits your argument best.

I'm not sure what his offer list looks like now as there isn't an up to date article, but he was a top 150 recruit with those offers out of high school. A lot of schools don't like recruiting JuCo's so the offers won't be as good I am sure.

Well then.

Kid's grades sucked in HS, and you managed to pick up a JUCO scrap with limited (or no other offers) that may turn out to be a decent find. Time well tell, Congrats. However, I don't think you're going to find CU fans exactly fearful over a JUCO pickup for Eustachy.

Marcus Holt is now a juco who averaged under 4 points a game and under 4 rebounds a game. Most concerning is that a 6'9" player shot 37% from the field. 48% from the free throw line too. Basically, he's still the same guy that ESPN rated as a 1* out of high school. Fast down the court, quick leaper, bad feet and no offensive skills. If he can't score on tip-ins or open dunks, he can't score.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_colle...=Roster&slid=2&teamid=120385&athleteid=355833

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ing/player/evaluation/_/id/101794/marcus-holt

Good pickup for CSU.

Back