What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez

I don't get Browning or Wilkins at all.
Browning is late era Cody Hawkins, but damaged, probably both physical and mental, but definitely at least mental. He also has a line that has some issues in front of him. That's how I interpret him.

Wilkins has always been boom or bust to me, and the change in coaching staff hasn't helped him.

Browning is late era Cody Hawkins, but damaged, probably both physical and mental, but definitely at least mental. He also has a line that has some issues in front of him. That's how I interpret him.

Wilkins has always been boom or bust to me, and the change in coaching staff hasn't helped him.

Fair. Browning should still be better though. He throws picks at a pretty high volume for no real reason.

Wilkins is out there throwing fastballs on every play and seems to avoid Harry at times. It is truly strange to watch.

EB's doing alright at KC. I know NFL is a different ballgame but maybe, just maybe, EB and Embo would have done a bit better with the right institutional support and better Jimmies and Joes.
EB or Embo (not “and”). With that, I might agree. Together created a situation that was less than ideal in many ways.

Share your thoughts 99%. Browning has been surrounded by talented skilled players requiring he only has to be a facilitator. Wilkins has more physical talent but has less to work with.

EB or Embo (not “and”). With that, I might agree. Together created a situation that was less than ideal in many ways.
I believe Hagan is a very good RB coach and I'm also of the opinion that should the time come that EB decides to leave the pro ranks inconcievably move beyond the past I'd give my right arm to see him become the RB coach. I believe the same with Embree working with TE's..but that won't happen. I give Embree a lot of respect because he recruited Phillip L. I know we witnessed 2 yrs of chaos on the field I also know both by choice accepted the challenge of bringing CU back out of loyalty for chump change money. Problem was they didn't know how to coach on a college level after working with so many above the college level. I like to believe that Embree smiles on Sunday these days.

I believe Hagan is a very good RB coach and I'm also of the opinion that should the time come that EB decides to leave the pro ranks inconcievably move beyond the past I'd give my right arm to see him become the RB coach. I believe the same with Embree working with TE's..but that won't happen. I give Embree a lot of respect because he recruited Phillip L. I know we witnessed 2 yrs of chaos on the field I also know both by choice accepted the challenge of bringing CU back out of loyalty for chump change money. Problem was they didn't know how to coach on a college level after working with so many above the college level. I like to believe that Embree smiles on Sunday these days.

What is your rationale on Hagan?

What is your rationale on Hagan?
Hagan QBd at a time when O linemen had bulk/muscle and were very agile and few weighed 300+lbs. From that experience to today's game he's adapted. Hagan doesn't recruit O linemen, yet he's expected to recruit RBs that can adapt to a faster game out of HS and recruit to suit the OC. Over time I can't say he's been totally successful, but he has done a decent job all things considered. Scheme changes, OC changes, Head Coach changes, still I would rather have someone with his mentality teaching.

Hagan QBd at a time when O linemen had bulk/muscle and were very agile and few weighed 300+lbs. From that experience to today's game he's adapted. Hagan doesn't recruit O linemen, yet he's expected to recruit RBs that can adapt to a faster game out of HS and recruit to suit the OC. Over time I can't say he's been totally successful, but he has done a decent job all things considered. Scheme changes, OC changes, Head Coach changes, still I would rather have someone with his mentality teaching.

Eh. I do not think RBs have changed that much to where it excludes questionable recruiting.

My shower mat could have recruited PL to play at CU. There really wasn't another option (that he would consider)

I think Darth is right. The top three have really separated themselves though.
Agree, but I think we need a bigger sample size of how Herbert plays against 1) tough competition and 2) in crunch time before we state that he's on his own level above the rest. He still played phenomenally for the 4 quarters against Furd, missed 2 or 3 throws all game. Goes into OT and goes 0-4. Pressure situations could affect him as the year goes on.

Agree, but I think we need a bigger sample size of how Herbert plays against 1) tough competition and 2) in crunch time before we state that he's on his own level above the rest. He still played phenomenally for the 4 quarters against Furd, missed 2 or 3 throws all game. Goes into OT and goes 0-4. Pressure situations could affect him as the year goes on.
Yeah. He was awesome. Right up until his defense boned him.

Surprisingly, he does not have the weapons that both Montez and Costello have.

This is a Montez thread but I’m watching the 2016 UCLA game and damn...Sefo was a fvcking STUD!!!! If Montez had his heart he’d be Heisman candidate.

Back