What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Not so fast, my friend ... (was: P12 finalizing details ....)

So the only that bothered me about the Wilner article that hasn't already been addressed is the whole "Kansas/Oklahoma pod".

wtf?

There's no freaking way that anyone is seriously considering taking KjSU, right?

Stay at 14 before that happens.

After the PAC goes to 14, does it then extend an invite to KU, and leave UT in a position of last man standing?

That would be great for 2 reasons:

It kills Tech's hopes to get into the Pac-16, and it makes UT and whorn fans freak the **** out.

Okie State coach Mike Gundy just talked about how the post midnight kickoff for the game last weekend was good practice for the Pac 16 games.

Yahoo_Graham Graham Watson

Hearing the Pac-12 wouldn't have the nine member votes to let Texas in right now. Not sure who else besides Colorado is against it.

Yahoo_Graham
Graham Watson

Note: The Pac-12 could end up taking Texas, but it's going to take convincing some members it's the right move.

http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#
3 hours ago
http://twitter.com/#!/Yahoo_Graham

S
acky, I believe you can officially start your mancrush on the CU admin. HOLD STRONG BOYS.

SIAP, but ESPN is showing the following potential Pod alignment for the future Pac 16:

Pod A: Washington, Washington St., Oregon, Oregon St.
Pod B: USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona St.
Pod C: Cal, Stanford, Utah, Colorado
Pod D: UT, TTech, OU, OSU

I like it.

While that would be great from a CU perspective, I just don't see how the 4 CA schools aren't in the same pod. Then again, they somehow found themselves in different divisions in the P12...

http://twitter.com/#!/Yahoo_Graham

S
acky, I believe you can officially start your mancrush on the CU admin. HOLD STRONG BOYS.

I also find it funny that we're the only ones listed. There are obviously at least three more schools aligned against UT in the Pac. I suspect (hope?) that the actual number is well more than the four needed. If I had to assume only four schools, it would be CU, UU, ASU and UA, but Stanford, Cal and UW also have their reasons to not want anything to do with them in this conference. Just a hunch, but I tend to think that there are several Pac 12 schools that saw the bull**** that UT was trying to pull just last year. And, as you say - HOLD STRONG BOYS!!!

If Benson derails UT, he'll be my personal hero.

Cal may be one perhaps? After all Mack practically cried his way into the 2005 Rose Bowl to screw Cal out of it.

we may have a voice with some juice since we are the only ones who have dealt with the Orange Menace before....depending on how we conduct ourselves and what kinds of demonstrable facts we can marshal.

This will be interesting to watch. I think that Larry Scott wants Texas in (see his comments re: Benson's about a week ago) but it appears that some of the conference members, themselves, do not.

UCLA's athletic director weighs in:

Sept. 19, 2011
I know that the national discussion on conference expansion is dominating the conversation for many of you right now. Rumors are rampant and, as is often the case, not necessarily always on point. Ultimately, any decision to expand the Pac-12 will rest with the various school presidents and chancellors, working hand in hand with their respective athletic administrators and our commissioner.
Expansion just for the sake of expansion is rarely a good thing. Dr. Martin Luther King once said, "We may all have come in different ships, but we are all in the same boat now." Those of us in the same boat, the existing Pac-12 members, need to think long and hard as to the relevancy and value of bringing new members into the boat. Issues of academic compatibility, student-athlete welfare, competitive and financial implications all need to be thought out carefully by the various stakeholders. If further expansion is the right thing to do, then it makes sense to proceed.
Go Bruins!

Maybe they were one of our partners in blocking this?

UCLA's athletic director weighs in:

Sept. 19, 2011
I know that the national discussion on conference expansion is dominating the conversation for many of you right now. Rumors are rampant and, as is often the case, not necessarily always on point. Ultimately, any decision to expand the Pac-12 will rest with the various school presidents and chancellors, working hand in hand with their respective athletic administrators and our commissioner.
Expansion just for the sake of expansion is rarely a good thing. Dr. Martin Luther King once said, "We may all have come in different ships, but we are all in the same boat now." Those of us in the same boat, the existing Pac-12 members, need to think long and hard as to the relevancy and value of bringing new members into the boat. Issues of academic compatibility, student-athlete welfare, competitive and financial implications all need to be thought out carefully by the various stakeholders. If further expansion is the right thing to do, then it makes sense to proceed.
Go Bruins!

Maybe they were one of our partners in blocking this?

Translation: We ****ing hate the idea of OSU and TT and think that adding them is subtraction by addition.

Back