What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado @ California Football Game thread

You guys are being pretty hard on the team and coaches given we were 14 point underdogs. We ****ed up in several areas but we had a chance until the very very end against an improving Pac team and on the road. It hurts like hell but there is something to be optimistic here. Also Sefo grew up tonight in a big way.

Nope, that was all on Oliver.... I dont know where the F he was at today, but it wasnt at the Cal game playing for the Buffs. Still should've kicked the FG instead of going for it

Methinks someone needs to adjust their sarcasm meter.

sunavabitch..... these coaches and players arent going to sleep tonight, especially Lindgren and Mac..actually, where was that D? Baer sucked too

I think they have finally broke me, I feel nothing. Seriously, I am actually in a pretty good mood.

i know what you mean but now is not the time to lose hope.

we aren't good and we all want to chew off our tongues and this was horrible....but now is not the time to give up.

Game is different if we have some transcendent RBs who can create yardage and a line that's able to block for them, too. If our offense wasn't so one-dimensional we could've handled things a little better and ran the clock in the 2nd half.

is it because of the coaches, or because of the players - that the Buffs rotate RB's every single play? I hardly ever see a RB stay in the game for an entire series. 43 rushing plays for the Buffs - but Tony Jones' 13 were the most for any single Buff player. He was averaging 5 yards per carry.

On a positive note, is almost cathartic being angry after a loss. Been apathetic way too long.

^^^^This^^^^

In a weird way, it feels good to be pissed off after this one. It's different when your team competes. Especially on the road. So ****ing close today. ****!

Why do we come out and play like **** after halftime constantly. We recovered today, but once again we **** around and give up a lead.

Last edited:
You guys are being pretty hard on the team and coaches given we were 14 point underdogs. We ****ed up in several areas but we had a chance until the very very end against an improving Pac team and on the road. It hurts like hell but there is something to be optimistic here. Also Sefo grew up tonight in a big way.

The fact that we lost to a Pac-12 on the road in 2OT shows how far we have come.

This one hurts. Maybe it hurting is a good thing.

So damn mad right now though.

Nope, that was all on Oliver.... I dont know where the F he was at today, but it wasnt at the Cal game playing for the Buffs. Still should've kicked the FG instead of going for it

From the 1 yard line? That's almost giving away the game to Cal I think the way things have been going. Normally I would agree with you, but in that situation I think the decision to go for the TD was correct. We can quibble about the choice of play calls, but I think we would have lost to a Cal TD had we merely scored 3 on that possession. From that close, it was worth going for.

^^^^
this

Sefo played a great game ... only real brain fart was the ill-advised throw on the first down rollout that was INTd and set up Cal's go ahead TD. Of course he made up for it on the next series.

I'm happy with the play of the players they were tough...but our coaches need to learn how to win... crap on crap... this one hurts too...

awesome we scored over 50 on the road, terrible our Defense allowed over 50

sunavabitch..... these coaches and players arent going to sleep tonight, especially Lindgren and Mac..actually, where was that D? Baer sucked too

The fg's cost cu the game. Brutal loss, CU should have won this and made the post i mad last week a complete fail. 4 chances from the 2 and some suspect play calling. CU's defense especially 3rd down defense in the second half was effing awful. Thompson out hurt. The buffs played their asses off and deserved the win.

Another step I guess. Really wanted to see the payoff as we played two conference opponents this season to a point where we could have won. The team is improving and I would like to see that improvement result in a W, but improvement nontheless.

I had CU losing about 4 times during the game and they kept coming back.

Damn this sucks.

Agreed. This team is young and we saw them fight their hearts out today. Oliver had the worst game of his life. they kept fighting back. Sefo is legit. Everyone that can attend better be there for OSU and get loud. This team deserves some backers.

Agreed. This team is young and we saw them fight their hearts out today. Oliver had the worst game of his life. they kept fighting back. Sefo is legit. Everyone that can attend better be there for OSU and get loud. This team deserves some backers.

This.

We need to get folks to folsom. Any way you can. We need people in that stadium saturday.

^^^^
this

Sefo played a great game ... only real brain fart was the ill-advised throw on the first down rollout that was INTd and set up Cal's go ahead TD. Of course he made up for it on the next series.

I'm sorry man, you're half right on this one. Sefo was amazing, but the brain fart was to try a play that they have obviously rarely practiced on 4th and 1 from the 1 in OT. Nut up and punch it in! Seriously, I was calling for a QB sneak. At the least, run the exact same PA pass to Frazier that you called earlier. Anything but cute.

**** moral victories. I know what you guys are trying to say. We're obviously making progress, but you've got to win a game like this. We obviously aren't playing, so whatever, but you gotta win when you're up 14 at half and up 7 with under 3 minutes left. We blew it.

**** moral victories. I know what you guys are trying to say. We're obviously making progress, but you've got to win a game like this. We obviously aren't playing, so whatever, but you gotta win when you're up 14 at half and up 7 with under 3 minutes left. We blew it.

Yes. we did. we ****ing blew it. Doesn't mean there wasn't ridiculous improvement out there today. Gotta support this team. They are getting closer every week.

So you aren't seeing improvement?

These guys are gonna get there if they keep making the sort of progress they've been showing us. So many are so young. We miss a few injured safeties right now too. They would have been very useful in the 2d half.

I was impressed; great game, sure there were awful breakdowns and questionable calls. Sefo is the man and Spruce inhabits another universe - I feel pretty good, disappointed, but all-in-all, good.

This!!! A decent team wins this game! Coaches and players blew this game.

So you aren't seeing improvement?

These guys are gonna get there if they keep making the sort of progress they've been showing us. So many are so young. We miss a few injured safeties right now too. They would have been very useful in the 2d half.

What part of "we're obviously making progress" leads you to conclude I'm saying we aren't getting better. I just hope our team doesn't have a pussy attitude of "oh well, we came close!" And put orange slices in their mouths and slap each other on the ass. We were good enough to win today and we didn't. It's ok to be disappointed.

is it because of the coaches, or because of the players - that the Buffs rotate RB's every single play? I hardly ever see a RB stay in the game for an entire series. 43 rushing plays for the Buffs - but Tony Jones' 13 were the most for any single Buff player. He was averaging 5 yards per carry.

The coaches must subscribe to the fresh legs theory of just rotating with the hope that it keeps drives going while the defense gets gassed. And they're sticking with it despite it being clear through the first third of our schedule that our OL doesn't get enough push to make us much of a factor in the running game. If it weren't for the desire to keep the defense guessing occasionally they may as well use Frazier and Powell as additional blockers for Sefo and throw on every down.

What part of "we're obviously making progress" leads you to conclude I'm saying we aren't getting better. I just hope our team doesn't have a pussy attitude of "oh well, we came close!" And put orange slices in their mouths and slap each other on the ass. We were good enough to win today and we didn't. It's ok to be disappointed.

HCMM did not think that was the case. at all.

The Bill Parcels will be pushing their asses in practice this week.

Back