What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Okie lite insider Robert Allen was interviewed by the radio jocks this afternoon. He thinks that CU's current DC is a candidate for the cowgirls opening.

Reasons?

- DJ was born in stillwater
- graduated from Edmond Memorial HS
- may still have family in the area
- his defenses at kentucky "gave the $ec fits"

tifwiw

Okie lite insider Robert Allen was interviewed by the radio jocks this afternoon. He thinks that CU's current DC is a candidate for the cowgirls opening.

Reasons?

tifwiw
giphy.gif

Reasons?

tifwiw

86, 59, 76 and 71 ranked defenses with 31.2, 27.4, 31.3 and 31.2 PPG.

I mean, I think he’s a really good recruiter and probably a decent coach but his defenses don’t exactly light the world on fire...

We dropped to 108 this season...we were better than that in 2013. I won’t mention 2012, I remember it being bad, but that bad? Oh my god, I don’t know how I sat through that season.

Lol, that decision worked out well for him.

I wouldn't mind having Sirmon at CU as Recruiting Coordinator.

He had that position at USC.

If the egos aren't a problem and the chain of command could work, it wouldn't be a position coaching problem if Sirmon took outside linebackers while Eliot moved to DL. Eliot was the DL coach at Rice for 3 years when he was recruiting coordinator there and also was the DE coach at Florida State for 3 years after that.

Just a thought.

Get ready to have battle Arizona for those California DB recruits.

It's okay, ambrose and company will get their share. Would have loved martin here but not enough cash, bernardi to crucial to let go.

Brown has done a decent job and with cu's recent success with db's and the draft and oliver and laguda, I think CU will still get upper tier guys.

Is he calling defensive signals for them? IIRC Wilcox did NOT do that last year.
Sirmon will just be a position coach there. DeRuyter calls the plays. He was essentially brought on because he's friends with Wilcox and for recruiting purposes.

Sirmon going to coach under Wilcox is the least surprising development of the day. He basically owes Wilcox everything for his career.
Wonder what is up with this move. Smells funny as Louisville want terrible. Wilcox plus DeRoyter doesn't need such a position.

Back