What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Hopefully it is just the fact he hasn’t received final approval from the Regents and no contract is in place pending background checks, etc.

“Barring any setbacks” has been used in every report. Plati made that statement because there is always a chance for a setback of some kind in the hiring process and the last thing an organization wants is to make something “official” before it actually is. See the Colts with Josh McDaniels last year

“Barring any setbacks” has been used in every report. Plati made that statement because there is always a chance for a setback of some kind in the hiring process and the last thing an organization wants is to make something “official” before it actually is. See the Colts with Josh McDaniels last year
Oh good. And I just have to remind myself that it's not like we're Colorado "hiring" Butch Jones prematurely! Haha, those guys were such suckers!

Oh good. And I just have to remind myself that it's not like we're Colorado "hiring" Butch Jones prematurely! Haha, those guys were such suckers!
A little bit of a different situation than Butch Jones. I suppose if the Auburn job were to come open and go all in on Tucker, we could have that happen to us again.

My only concern is this goes against RG's two main points in his presser 1. He does not have head coach experience 2. he does not know/care about the history, passion, pride of the Colorado Buffaloes. I also hope he has a good staff that is able to recruit Colorado and California. Other than that, I am all on board. From the little I have heard about Tucker, he seems like he has the potential to be that home run get.

And lets be honest, this is a big step for CU. Finally action steps towards returning to a championship caliber team

My only concern is this goes against RG's two main points in his presser 1. He does not have head coach experience 2. he does not know/care about the history, passion, pride of the Colorado Buffaloes. I also hope he has a good staff that is able to recruit Colorado and California. Other than that, I am all on board. From the little I have heard about Tucker, he seems like he has the potential to be that home run get.

And lets be honest, this is a big step for CU. Finally action steps towards returning to a championship caliber team

I don’t believe RG ever mentioned head coaching experience in his presser.

Again he never said either of those things were preferred qualities, much less criteria? That was never once mentioned by him, this came from beat writers with 0 connection to the program

He knows about it. He lost to them.

Staff he builds is gonna be the key though.
Uh...that is true for every single coach we could have hired. Including Saban, Meyer and other top ten team coaches. I think the only downside is he isn’t established in our footprint for recruiting (well, West coast anyway, bet he recruits Texas plenty) but I think he will still be worlds better on the trail than we’ve seen since Bill Mac.

Uh...that is true for every single coach we could have hired. Including Saban, Meyer and other top ten team coaches. I think the only downside is he isn’t established in our footprint for recruiting (well, West coast anyway, bet he recruits Texas plenty) but I think he will still be worlds better on the trail than we’ve seen since Bill Mac.
That was my point. Save for TX, he’s in uncharted geography and will need the right assistants to complement his leadership on the recruiting trail.

Coach Tucker is actually 2-3 as an NFL Head Coach (Jacksonville Jaguars), so he has experience!!!

MM was 16-21 at San Jose State

Which is better, not that big of a deal

Sir, are you implying that Rick playing guitar wasn't the ultimate closing pitch?

So hey, just a shout out to all of you subscription guys and UNICORN whisperers... Thanks! Please share some scoooooop soon! Thanks in advance!

Back