What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for CU to drop "I'm comin" or "We comin" shirts. I will buy 10 of them.

The editing is funky, but are you suggesting he didn't actually say the things the video is showing?
No- I'm not saying that. There is a point in there where he says something like "How are you going to tell me there's 60,000 people at the durn football game but the receipts show we only sold 28,000 tickets. You better find out who's stealing because it affects my bottom line," and it doesn't appear to be edited at all. So I understand the point that he's mentioned the ticket issue. But my question is- what's the motivation for clearly cutting it up in the middle of his sentences? Do those sentences go together? It's just very weird.

I wanted to come by and congratulate the Buffs on the new hire! I may be an LSU fan but I'm a fan of college football in general. My first ever Heisman ceremony I remember watching was when Salaam won, it was on at my late great grandma's Christmas party. I grew up hating Nebraska because of how dominate they always were so I always pulled for Colorado in that game. I still remember being at our family fishing camp for Thanksgiving in 2001, and me and my dad were watching the LSU/Arkansas game but we ended up flipping constantly to the CU/Nebraska game when we saw what was transpiring in Boulder, 62-36 was glorious for me as a CFB fan, one I'll never forget. It was pretty funny how Colorado won their first Big 12 title since the Big 8/SWC merge the same year LSU won their first SEC title since the SEC went to division format.

I've been to Colorado multiple times, in fact I was just there in Denver this past September for my honeymoon, and we drove over to Boulder for a bit so I could see Folsom for myself in person, at least the outside. It really is beautiful state, hopefully I can catch a game next time I'm there. I had always hoped Colorado could find their footing again. I've heard so many times over the years that the CU administration just didn't take football seriously anymore, but with this hire it seems they're announcing that they're serious about competing on the national scene again. Those facilities in that tour video look pretty good too, I believe they said they upgraded them in 2015 which would have been right before that year yall won the South and made it to the Pac 12 CG so as an outsider looking in it seems that the administration has been trying to get back on the national scene for a while just whiffed on some hires as well as Tucker bolting in the middle of the night leaving yall in a bind.

I don't know what you guys expect in year 1, but I'll just say Sonny Dykes, Lincoln Riley, and Brian Kelly are all first year coaches at their respective schools this year that got their teams to their conference title games, and Dykes made the playoffs. Teams can be rebuilt so fast in the age of the portal. I'm a big believe in Coach Prime and he's a great leader of men, I think he'll have you guys competing for Pac 12 titles sooner than you guys think. I couldn't be more excited for you guys!

Welcome LSU fan.

To say optimism is high here would be a vast understatement.

Colorado fans are in a state of euphoria that I honestly didn’t think was possible or would happen again.

Congrats on a solid first season under Kelly, and keep up the good work against Bama and Auburn.

Oh and keep those recruiting videos of Kelly dancing coming!

**** you and bring me a corndog.

Also thanks for stopping by, I usually root for LSU if I am watching SEC football. Especially when playing Jimbo and Saban. Would be a great home and home between CU and LSU once we get back on our feet.
How's a bowl of gumbo sound? And I'd love to see a series between us. I wish the SEC and Pac 12 had more bowl tie ins against each other. I've been waiting to play USC for 20 years now after 2003, finally playing them in Vegas in 2024 which I'll try my best to be at.

Well somebody from Alabama didn't think it was a good idea. I like your post better, LSUFan.
Bama fans online are weird. I can't talk too much though because I fight with fellow LSU fans all the time on tigerdroppings, we have some weirdos in our bunch as well. I will say though, when was the last time you guys had haters? Besides maybe Nebraska fans. It's something you get used to and comes with the territory of being nationally relevant. I will say a lot of fans feel threatened by CU hiring Coach Prime and are rooting for him to fail so hard, he upsets the status quo. I welcome it though.

Better schedule a game with NAVY....

I'm comin on the front

Lick the SEA MEN (on the back........)
Season 2 No GIF by Martin

How's a bowl of gumbo sound? And I'd love to see a series between us. I wish the SEC and Pac 12 had more bowl tie ins against each other. I've been waiting to play USC for 20 years now after 2003, finally playing them in Vegas in 2024 which I'll try my best to be at.

Bama fans online are weird. I can't talk too much though because I fight with fellow LSU fans all the time on tigerdroppings, we have some weirdos in our bunch as well. I will say though, when was the last time you guys had haters? Besides maybe Nebraska fans. It's something you get used to and comes with the territory of being nationally relevant. I will say a lot of fans feel threatened by CU hiring Coach Prime and are rooting for him to fail so hard, he upsets the status quo. I welcome it though.
The Nub hate is real, regardless of how ****ty we've been. True, though, about the haters. It's been a LONG time since anyone outside of CSU and Nubland threw any shade our way. I think we're up for the task, though. Some of us remember the glory days.

to think that some people thought shouting "pound the Beavers" during OSU games was tasteless

I wanted to come by and congratulate the Buffs on the new hire! I may be an LSU fan but I'm a fan of college football in general. My first ever Heisman ceremony I remember watching was when Salaam won, it was on at my late great grandma's Christmas party. I grew up hating Nebraska because of how dominate they always were so I always pulled for Colorado in that game. I still remember being at our family fishing camp for Thanksgiving in 2001, and me and my dad were watching the LSU/Arkansas game but we ended up flipping constantly to the CU/Nebraska game when we saw what was transpiring in Boulder, 62-36 was glorious for me as a CFB fan, one I'll never forget. It was pretty funny how Colorado won their first Big 12 title since the Big 8/SWC merge the same year LSU won their first SEC title since the SEC went to division format.

I've been to Colorado multiple times, in fact I was just there in Denver this past September for my honeymoon, and we drove over to Boulder for a bit so I could see Folsom for myself in person, at least the outside. It really is beautiful state, hopefully I can catch a game next time I'm there. I had always hoped Colorado could find their footing again. I've heard so many times over the years that the CU administration just didn't take football seriously anymore, but with this hire it seems they're announcing that they're serious about competing on the national scene again. Those facilities in that tour video look pretty good too, I believe they said they upgraded them in 2015 which would have been right before that year yall won the South and made it to the Pac 12 CG so as an outsider looking in it seems that the administration has been trying to get back on the national scene for a while just whiffed on some hires as well as Tucker bolting in the middle of the night leaving yall in a bind.

I don't know what you guys expect in year 1, but I'll just say Sonny Dykes, Lincoln Riley, and Brian Kelly are all first year coaches at their respective schools this year that got their teams to their conference title games, and Dykes made the playoffs. Teams can be rebuilt so fast in the age of the portal. I'm a big believe in Coach Prime and he's a great leader of men, I think he'll have you guys competing for Pac 12 titles sooner than you guys think. I couldn't be more excited for you guys!

Welcome.

PS: Ralphie >>>> Mike the Tiger

The Nub hate is real, regardless of how ****ty we've been. True, though, about the haters. It's been a LONG time since anyone outside of CSU and Nubland threw any shade our way. I think we're up for the task, though. Some of us remember the glory days.
Oh! Its real (that Nebraska stuff). It makes CU fans do crazy things that they might not have done if it were another team!

How soon before Nike comes out with some new, hip, uniform designs? I’d bet Prime will push for an upgrade.

We're getting a higher quality of visiting SEC fans with Coach Prime.

Or do whatever Prime wants.
I don’t consider uniform speculation part of the value of Adam’s site, especially if it’s not Adam himself reporting something on it, but for those who have access, a fairly credible poster and a few others who claim to have knowledge say Nike is about to revamp the uniforms with Prime’s approval.

Apparently they’ve tired presenting some more modern options in the past and MM dismissed some of them. I guess they were going to see an overhaul under Tucker but he bailed, and then Dorrell put a huge strain on the Nike relationship (because of course that ****ing weirdo did).

Back