What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

When I’m the only person of color in the room, I make a point of saying, “You people.”
mad people GIF

CNN just did a lead in to a story on DS - wondering if he's a "sell out" for leaving Jackson State.
What horse****. Almost every successful coach moves up, when he gets a great opportunity.
The media loves and sees controversy, where there is none.

add: apparently the meat of the story is that DS had some "duty" to uplift all the primarily black colleges. Pretty unreal they think they can argue that
It’s CNN

not surprising

SIAP

I imagine anyone who personally spoke with Prime or had involvement in the search will claim they had a big role in landing him, but the major positive takeaway here, IMO, is that the support system from former players, many of whom are very influential in the media, is huge and the entire CU network is all in on Prime and keeping him happy.

For those wondering if Prime alienated his JSU players and staff by leaving, or those who say his tough love style doesn't work in this era, here is a video from the team meeting last Saturday of those players and staff thanking him and letting him know how much he's meant to their lives and the JSU program.

I imagine anyone who personally spoke with Prime or had involvement in the search will claim they had a big role in landing him, but the major positive takeaway here, IMO, is that the support system from former players, many of whom are very influential in the media, is huge and the entire CU network is all in on Prime and keeping him happy.
I think the takeaway is that the entire CU fan base and community was sick of losing and wasn't going to take it anymore. We had a ton of people who did their part from former players, booster, senior leadership, etc all the way down to low level fans who took the time to email Saliman about all the issues.

- Barnett says last year 57% of transfers that applied got in. Under the new transfer rules, 97% of them would have gotten in
- Barnett says Prime is way ahead of the rest of the country on NIL type stuff. Says the Prime documentaries he did at JSU got all their players paid under NIL
- Says Prime is going to run the program like an NFL organization, which is how big programs have to be run now

Anything else worth mentioning?

- Barnett says last year 57% of transfers that applied got in. Under the new transfer rules, 97% of them would have gotten in
- Barnett says Prime is way ahead of the rest of the country on NIL type stuff. Says the Prime documentaries he did at JSU got all their players paid under NIL
- Says Prime is going to run the program like an NFL organization, which is how big programs have to be run now

nailed it all

Zimmer and all the other rumoured (off-field) hires kinda speak for CU moving implementing that organisational structure. To a degree, I think we probably already had that with Tucker.

I'm not sure I caught it all. Did he say the Jackson st. Players had their twitter handles on the back of their jerseys?

Back