What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/20-9/22

2 thoughts...

Herbert is a hell of a QB considering how little he was recruited. No other P12 offers. He would be at Montana State if not for Oregon.

How ****ing stupid is Oregon's HC? Take a knee and the game is over. Your arragance cost you.

Good for Stanford and good for the Pac 12.
That loss is on the coaches.

BTW, I think the technology should be there to help in goalline situations so you can at least definitely clear up if the ball passed the plane and where it truly went out of bounds. It can't help you with the decision of whether the runner was down, but you'd at least remove that judgement call.

I find it a little curious that football as a whole doesn't even seem to have looked into it.

Really? You're defending someone who calls himself a "sports journalist" who then posts a tweet like that about a hard-fought game that wasn't even over yet? **** him.

And I saw him on a CFB talk show a couple of weeks ago ... he tried to drop a couple of bon mots that were not all that bon. No substance, just a buch of "clever" quips. Reminded me of Rick Reilly ... just not quite as much of an asshole as he is.

I find it funny that Old Dominion tacked on a TD when they could've kneeled to win it and Oregon loses the game when they do the same.

Kentucky follows up a stunning win in Gainesville with an equally improbable win against Mississippi State.

Is Kentucky for real? I have a hard time believing so.

Really? You're defending someone who calls himself a "sports journalist" who then posts a tweet like that about a hard-fought game that wasn't even over yet? **** him.

And I saw him on a CFB talk show a couple of weeks ago ... he tried to drop a couple of bon mots that were not all that bon. No substance, just a buch of "clever" quips. Reminded me of Rick Reilly ... just not quite as much of an asshole as he is.
You can have that opinion. He’s a friend. Know him through swimming. Good guy.

Blew it with the tweet.

I really can't trust Stanford next week. Not impressed by either of their line. Hope I'm wrong.
Agreed. I haven't watched any ND games, so who knows about them, but I'm not convinced that Stanford is a top 10 team or that Love is a really elite back. They're both good but have a way to go to get to great in my book.

Would you make a difference between the sideline and back of the end zone?

I think a play such as this one is just absurd where inches decide between a TD, the ball going out of bounds and a touchback. (Also LOL at John Fox)

Plus I also think it's absurd that KJ Wright doesn't even have to make an effort to recover it here as he knows a fumble is about their best possible outcome.

So, if you are close, just throw the ball forward and worst case you get the ball back at the 1?

So, if you are close, just throw the ball forward and worst case you get the ball back at the 1?
No, worst case the defense recovers the ball just like anywhere else on the field. This rule makes no sense. Even if it did encourage purposeful fumbling, which it wouldn't, that would be fun.

I thought young Browning looked better than older Browning. He's in his head or something. Maybe it's the supporting cast.

Speculation out there that he nursed a shoulder injury most of last season and never really regained full strength.

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that a lot of people expected ASU to be good with the guys coming back before the Herm hire. Then everyone forgot about the returning production once they hired Herm.

No, worst case the defense recovers the ball just like anywhere else on the field. This rule makes no sense. Even if it did encourage purposeful fumbling, which it wouldn't, that would be fun.
I completely agree about the rule being stupid. I don't agree with getting the ball back at the point of the fumble if it goes out of the end zone. Maybe I am just arguing to argue but I don't like an offensive team fumbling so close to the end zone and being rewarded.

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that a lot of people expected ASU to be good with the guys coming back before the Herm hire. Then everyone forgot about the returning production once they hired Herm.
Don't they have a crazy amount of true freshman starting on defense? They definitely have a senior laden offense but their D is very young.

Back