What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/20-9/22

We might break the scoreboard when WSU comes here-They look just as good (if not better) with Minshew than they did with Falk under center.

So SC has Arizona in Tucson and then a bye before playing us.

If they lose this and to Arizona, the bye would be a perfect time to fire Helton and get another coach going before we go to LA.

I don't care what anyone says, you have to be at least a bit of a douchebag to coach at Penn State, so it shouldn't be surprising when Franklin's team does something douchey.

Your school provided an office and full access to a pervert who was using it to rape young, at-risk boys. Your legendary coach who got to tell the school president what to do knew about it and decided to ignore it because he didn't want to hurt the reputation of his football program.

After he dies they put the statue of him back up and want his wins returned to his record.

Do you think this school and it's fans give the slightest concern to others thinking they are douchey?

USC is so soft.
USC is starting to remind me of Texas. These kids that go there, feel like "alright, I've made it, I'm big time", and the work ethic goes to ****. To be clear, if you're a kid jumping on or gushing about a USC offer, you're seeing stars and bright lights, and you're not that concerned with being on a good team or getting good coaching.

"USC is good, USC is a talented team."

What game has McElroy been watching?

I agree with half of that-They're talented, but they're not well coached. The offense looks like Group of 5 type stuff, and what they do defensively isn't that hard for even an average quarterback to figure out.

I agree with half of that-They're talented, but they're not well coached. The offense looks like Group of 5 type stuff, and what they do defensively isn't that hard for even an average quarterback to figure out.
What does this even mean? It's not gimmicky.

Minshew is accurate, but he's got a noodle arm.

Every pass down the field has to have a lot of air under it.

What does this even mean? It's not gimmicky.
Where are the north-south runs? When you load your OL, TE group and backfield with 4* and 5* recruits you are pissing away your primary advantage if you can't go right at your opponent and overwhelm them. They're scheming as if they lack talent. It's a very bad approach.

I don't know anyone doesn't. I assume you mean people that cover sports? They're paid to be impartial.

I actually know people who maybe don't love them, but don't dislike them either. I don't understand that mindset. They disgust me.

But I also have a problem with how well they recruit. How does a mom let her kid by associated with that institution? Why do HS coaches not tell kids to steer clear? I mean, it's not like they have a bunch of kids with no other P5 offers. That kind of stuff is what bugs me.

The amount of reliance on the downfield passing game. If you're recruiting 5 star O-Lineman and talent at running back like Ronald Jones (as an example), run the damn ball.... especially with an 18 year old at QB.

Especially when that worked very well on your first drive and your leading rusher has 59 yards on 3 carries

Where are the north-south runs? When you load your OL, TE group and backfield with 4* and 5* recruits you are pissing away your primary advantage if you can't go right at your opponent and overwhelm them. They're scheming as if they lack talent. It's a very bad approach.
Ok. I figured that was kind of what you meant, but the thing is, even other teams that recruit elite talent at all those positions still run some form of the spread these days. It's just sort of the way of the world these days.

Even 'Bama doesn't run out of the I that much anymore.

Wazzu front 7 on D is very undersized. Wear them down and you will get chunks of yards through the run game.

I actually know people who maybe don't love them, but don't dislike them either. I don't understand that mindset. They disgust me.

But I also have a problem with how well they recruit. How does a mom let her kid by associated with that institution? Why do HS coaches not tell kids to steer clear? I mean, it's not like they have a bunch of kids with no other P5 offers. That kind of stuff is what bugs me.
Same **** with Baylor. It disgusts me too. Maybe it's because this whole generation can't focus on anything for more then a few minutes. ****, the Penn State stuff probably seems like a lifetime ago to them.

Plus their fanbase suddenly acts like Paterno is the victim here because he got what was coming and what he deserved for tolerating a monster like Sandusky on his staff.

But then that's an all too common phenomenon these days that the victim becomes the perpetrator and vice versa, particularly in cases which concern "weaker" groups of society like children or women.

Plus their fanbase suddenly acts like Paterno is the victim here because he got what was coming and what he deserved for tolerating a monster like Sandusky on his staff.

But then that's an all too common phenomenon these days that the victim becomes the perpetrator and vice versa, particularly in cases which concern "weaker" groups of society like children or women.
Spot on my friend.

Ok. I figured that was kind of what you meant, but the thing is, even other teams that recruit elite talent at all those positions still run some form of the spread these days. It's just sort of the way of the world these days.

It's not that USC is running some spread concepts. It's that they don't run any offense that has their OL moving forward. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma -- they all run offenses that incorporate things you wouldn't see in the NFL. But they all knock teams off the ball. If you can't do that, you're not going to be an elite. USC pulls in a Top 5 recruiting class every year and isn't close to elite. This is the main reason why.

What kind of ratings is the B1G gonna get if Maryland plays for the championship? Or the ACC if it's Duke? What level of respect will those programs get as champions if the traditional elite powers in their conferences aren't still great? It's the same thing in the Pac-12 but more because USC is the only true elite in the conference. We've got a ton of Top 35 all-time type programs, but only 1 elite.
How the hell did Texas lose to Maryland? Jesus Christ, they lost to ****ing Temple by 3 touchdowns.

How do mom's let their kids go to a lot of places. Look at all the bad behavior over the years at Nebraska and not only do they recruit nationally but they pretty well lock down any local kids good enough to play and these kids parents have been close enough to know what is going on there.

Worse is parents who not only let their daughters go to a place like Baylor but actually encourage it and pay for it. If I could help it I wouldn't let my daughter drive through campus.

These coaches will sell a fantasy and kids and parents can convince themselves of almost anything.

The Penn State fans and supporters an the guys who go there convince themselves that not only is it not worse than other places but is actually morally better.

Another thing-everyone they play will key on the run and force Daniels to beat them-Helton's basically allowing that with the way he's calling this game.

Back