What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

I can concede there are some circumstances where that’s warranted, but Oregon blowing a huge lead at home to Stanford isn’t one of them, IMO.
This. If it were toe to toe the entire game and then a fumble...maybe. They were up like 24-7. "Move up after loss" teams don't allow that kind of comeback at home.

the poles really seem skewed this season. and I really don't think we deserve to be ranked because of what our opponents are doing after the Buffs beat them down and break them. Keep winning, and all will be right.

the poles really seem skewed this season. and I really don't think we deserve to be ranked because of what our opponents are doing after the Buffs beat them down and break them. Keep winning, and all will be right.
This. I try not to pay much too much attention to polls but it's good click bait etc.

Agree, however not having a Pac South team being ranked hurts. We need to get into the polls to start working our way up. So once we beat the North and win the Pac we are in position for the playoff. (y)

Agree, however not having a Pac South team being ranked hurts. We need to get into the polls to start working our way up. So once we beat the North and win the Pac we are in position for the playoff. (y)
If we have a year like 2016 again, I might be alright with being ranked a bit lower going into the Bowl.

It’s still mind boggling to me to think that we were sitting there at #8 with PSU, Wisconsin and taking about scenarios where CU gets into the playoffs.

Las Vegas Bowl – Dec. 15 (Mountain West vs Pac-12)
Projection: Boise State vs Colorado

Brett McMurphy has us going to Vegas

UW Rose
Wazzu Holiday
Cal San Francisco
USC Sun
Oregon Alamo
Utah Cheez-It

Las Vegas Bowl – Dec. 15 (Mountain West vs Pac-12)
Projection: Boise State vs Colorado

Brett McMurphy has us going to Vegas

UW Rose
Wazzu Holiday
Cal San Francisco
USC Sun
Oregon Alamo
Utah Cheez-It

Gross. I don't wanna play in that game until the SEC takes the place of the MWC.

i demand voter justice! we will make you bastards LOVE our Buffs. you understand?? you will. soon enough.

well, all except for any russian bot voters. **** them. we can win without them.

ESPN writer has us in the Holiday Bowl vs Wisconsin. That would be a lot of fun.

Wisconsin would probably be NY6 bound at 10-2 or better though. I saw another one that had us and Michigan in that game-that might be more likely.....but would probably be just as fun.

I could do the Las Vegas Bowl. I'd like to avoid the Sun Bowl like the plague.

Jerry Palm has us there vs. Duke. I like getting a shot at an ACC team that can draw a few more eyeballs than them (VA Tech in that game would be fun for probably every allbuffer but @hokiehead......Miami would be fine in that game too) but yes......El Paso sucks as a bowl locale. It'd be fun to see Steven Montez get to play a game in his hometown though.

One more note-I think from a recruiting standpoint.......the Holiday and San Francisco bowls are both New Year's Eve night this year-might almost be better to be in the Sun Bowl (which is also on CBS during the day) this year to get more recruits watching.

Last edited:
A lot of it is who we beat, it ****ed Nebraska six ways from Sunday. They are ****ing straight up lost now. Can't say it's not a pleasure to see that. Just keep the foot on the gas, we'll be ranked soon enough.

Back