What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

This coming from someone who is quite familiar in trailing overall series with all of their rivals by vast amounts.

I must have missed it again, who's your rival? I mean they have to consider you one too, which obviously Nebraska doesn't. Do you have one? Just curious.

Flukes - Cal may have won one game, but you lost the post-game here in this thread. I wrote that Cal fans are smug and unlikable. So far, that's a spot on description of you after reading your posts. But a few other things have emerged:

1. Cal fans are sensitive about a variety of topics, and living in Stanford's shadow being at the top of the list. Look, no one is asking for the % of Cal fans who cried after learning they didn't get into Stanford (although, let's face it, that's an interesting data point to have). But you have to agree, bringing up the topic elicits a noisy response from Cal.

2. The other sensitivity is just overall thin skin. Are you that in touch with your emotions that being called smug and unlikable is that bad? Have you seen our Husker feuds? Texas anyone? That's a friggen compliment from our former conference! They were mouth breathers who would pay to be called smug and unlikable. So don't get your panties in a bunch, embrace your smugness.

3. This alleged respect for elders on this board and that's why you don't want to smack talk, but then decided to say we're going to lose Boyle and then post a clip of a Wallace dunk from Saturday is a bit of a running theme for you. Ok, you respect "the elders". As you can see, no one is leaping to your defense and vouching for how great you are. You're a Cal fan. Translation, you're walking a constant fine line of being mildly tolerated. Again, mildly tolerated is a compliment for an opposing team! Embrace it. Don't suck up to a bunch of people who aren't running to your defense like you perhaps thought they would.

I'm sure you'll want to respond with a sarcastic post, something you can share back at bearinsider or wherever you'll go to seek out an e-high five from someone.

Wow! Heavy...

Look, I agree with a lot of what you're trying to say but I obviously changed my mind about posting on this thread way back on page 2. In the meantime, your insightful post has generated over 12,335 views and is the lead thread on two PAC 12 boards. Everyone knows who "Gold" is now. Additionally, about a dozen posters (so far) are a part of the other team's forums. You drive traffic Gold! Be happy! I'm sure this exercise will pay dividends come the PAC 12 tourney. If not, the next football game, assuming everyone can remember their passwords. I didn't start your thread nor bring posters to my board. I simply linked it after it was discovered and I believe both boards will now be enriched with the cultural cross exchange.

I know CU's history with the Big8 / Big12 and your old rivalry with Nebraska. I understand the compliment you're trying to pay me (us) and it's all good. I'm not sure you understand the Stanford rivalry that we have had since 1892 in EVERYTHING though. Lately we have been getting our asses kicked in all sports by them except Rugby, Baseball and Swimming. Winning the rivalry in sporting events is a cyclical occurrence with the current lead going to Stanford in many sports. We have about 250 trolls from all PAC 12 schools and several from schools we have played at one time or another-Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, Nevada, Fresno State, and Tennessee to name a few. The USC, Oregon, UCLA and UW trolls are the worst. We don't see many CU posters so my guess is that's why so many of our posters fell back on the academic attack. That and one of your wise men (an elder here) accurately knew where to push the button of all buttons by mentioning furd's superiority. We know how to handle our two dozen furd trolls but a CU poster on your board and ours after a B-Ball loss spouting off about furd set off a chain of events that exists today. I'll admit that some of us are dumb asses that fall for that every time.

Of course, it's only a guess since I personally don't care and haven't met all 40,000 posters on my board. Having been here two years and understanding the lay of the land I didn't take away anything other than fans being fans. For the record, I was accepted at Stanford, Dartmouth and Brown in addition to Cal. I chose the latter out of financial concerns for my parents who were sending their other kid to Harvard at the time. Many of the posters on Bear Insider have advanced degrees from Ivy Leagues and other good schools which makes the whole Stanford envy thing a little mystifying to be honest. It also puts your theory about me to bed. I think it has to do more with losing on the field recently than perceived educational inadequacies. You'll find that the Cal posters who crossed over here don't have these hang-ups. Similarly, the CU posters who have branched out to other forums within the PAC are rather confident and hard skinned as well. I see them representing on other forums within the PAC and it’s impressive. I'm guessing many of your posters here have equally diverse resumes and advanced degrees. In fact, having met several posters here in person, I know this to be true. Have you met many people from AllBuffs? If not, you should.

Lastly, your impression that I need backup to bail me out is unfounded. I have been here from the beginning. When one goes onto an opponent’s board, there is no back up. It’s just you and the weapons you carry. No airstrikes, no medevac, no fast action ready platoon. It’s just you and the love for your team. You get curb stomped even if you just post sober -which I don’t. You’ll get spit on, **** on, chewed up and clown raped. That’s me. I guess I like it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been here for a full two months before you showed up. Do I hate the posters who talk **** to me and Cal here? I actually respect them more than you know. I hope to meet more of them. I don’t have to share anything chummy back on BearInsider - they are all already here. And now, thanks to your post, CU is over there as well. Well played Gold. We’ll be keeping an eye on you…in the meantime, kick down $11.99 and join your own team’s premium forum. Right now, they're all talking about how they wished a hot link and brat from top dog was shoved up your ass for starting this stupid thread.

Last edited:
who's your rival? when we were letting you guys in the conference i asked my friends at the other Big12 schools if they were upset you were leaving, and no one was. No one considered you a rival or really worth getting upset about. I mean they were upset you were going to the Pac10/12 and they weren't, but that's another story.

So I'm just curious, who do you consider your rival?

Spectacular, it took a village , but you found the button and are pushing it now. Stanford fans would not have found it much sooner, but hey us safety school kids can hang out any time.

Spectacular, it took a village , but you found the button and are pushing it now. Stanford fans would not have found it much sooner, but hey us safety school kids can hang out any time.

But, but..I talked to one Sooner fan and he told me Texas was their rival. Thus, I guess the Nubs don't have a rival :lol:

BTW...I didn't bring these mofos. Your boy Gold did.

C'Ville, Absinthe and Orr...meet Ginfizzbear. He likes Shaggy. Haven't seen him in quite awhile...He's a long ranged reconnaissance bear like me. There are only 12 of us so...Give him your best shot. :rofl:

Last edited:
BTW...I didn't bring these mofos. Your boy Gold did. C'Ville, Absinthe and Orr...meet Ginfizzbear. He likes Shaggy. Haven't seen him in quite awhile...

Glad to have a few more bear fans here, you guys are good people.

Hey Liver. Yeah, the realignment thing kept me chirping, and now that it's baseball season, I'm more concerned about the Dodgers beating the Giants and placing the world back on its correct axis. huge surprise that A&M went 11-2 after leaving the Big XII. I bet Shaggy is pissed.

Tell me about that fantastic signature photo.

Cause we'd breed? That could be fun

It's really great to see one of you here. I thought I was the only dragon remaining! Watch out for C'Ville, Tante, Snow, Buffnik, Junction, Orr, Skidmark, Liver, Burrito, Jens, Absinthe, Dio and Chipwich. I forgot one or two I know...PM me if you need info. Great to see you here bro!

But, but..I talked to one Sooner fan and he told me Texas was their rival. Thus, I guess the Nubs don't have a rival :lol:

From what I'm told, of course Texas and Oklahoma are huge rivals. As are Nebraska and Oklahoma if not quite on the same level. Texas also had a huge rivalry with A&M. Sort of like how Washington and Oregon are rivals, but they each also have rivalries with their instate brethren. Like Cal / Stanford w UCLA / SC. I just can't find anyone who thought of you as a main rival, that's all.

Anyway, I just thought you'd be able to provide one for me. If you can't, no worries.

Part of me wonders if your current 7 game winning streak doesn't have its downside when it comes to the Pac-12 Tournament (obviously overall, it's a fantastic thing, as it has you in the Dance). I just know how college basketball works, and it's hard to just keep going on winning, even for the best teams. As much as losing sucks, it can be great to get teams to re-focus and really ignite the passion and desire to win. Inevitably, long winning streaks can sometimes lead to a bit of complacency. For instance, CU going and ****ing up on the road at Oregon and Oregon State to end the Pac-12 regular last year turned out to be a major blessing in disguise, as they went into the Pac-12 Tournament on a mission. Cal is the hottest team in the Pac-12 right now, but the odds might be stacked against winning 11 straight games against Pac-12 competition (assuming you beat Furd, it would be 11 straight wins if you won the Pac-12 Tournament).

NU's rival is the next school that has their AAU status revoked for being dumbasses.

Also, a few years ago I rolled into Kips (**** bar in Berkeley) with a could of Ivy League grads (and not the bunk Ivy's) and their immediate response was WTF is this, UVA? I kid you not. I was almost happy to see their disdain... but ****, UVA sucks. I mean Cal is UVA with cool surfer accents, dude. And less entitled parents.

Also, I just threw down some change drinking at the Kitchen Upstairs tonight. Douche pseudo hippie wanna be intellectual scene there was stronger than anything in Berkeley. At least they showered though.

Anyway, maybe Cal grads too serious. But just saying this again, using the Stanford > Cal card is going to bring people out of the woodwork. No real harm done, but it will happen every time, I'm warning you. Al Gore did not invent the internet, Cal did, and the eyes are everywhere. And anyone calling CU out for not getting into Stanford or whatever is like Khloe Kardashian calling kate upton fatter than victoria beckham. I mean WTF?

It also seems like Flukes is Gold's elder? Flukes don't spend so much time defending yourself, you have the mild jab + self deprecating response down.

Finally, it's too bad CU left the Big 12 (for me) - had lots of fun watching CU play Fresno State 1, Fresno State 2, Fresno St 3.... Fresno sT ate 10 and of course, Texas. yes had to put texas by themselves because their wimmin have teeth and are under a deuce.

NU's rival is the next school that has their AAU status revoked for being dumbasses.

Also, a few years ago I rolled into Kips (**** bar in Berkeley) with a could of Ivy League grads (and not the bunk Ivy's) and their immediate response was WTF is this, UVA? I kid you not. I was almost happy to see their disdain... but ****, UVA sucks. I mean Cal is UVA with cool surfer accents, dude. And less entitled parents.

Also, I just threw down some change drinking at the Kitchen Upstairs tonight. Douche pseudo hippie wanna be intellectual scene there was stronger than anything in Berkeley. At least they showered though.

Anyway, maybe Cal grads too serious. But just saying this again, using the Stanford > Cal card is going to bring people out of the woodwork. No real harm done, but it will happen every time, I'm warning you. Al Gore did not invent the internet, Cal did, and the eyes are everywhere. And anyone calling CU out for not getting into Stanford or whatever is like Khloe Kardashian calling kate upton fatter than victoria beckham. I mean WTF?

It also seems like Flukes is Gold's elder? Flukes don't spend so much time defending yourself, you have the mild jab + self deprecating response down.

Finally, it's too bad CU left the Big 12 (for me) - had lots of fun watching CU play Fresno State 1, Fresno State 2, Fresno St 3.... Fresno sT ate 10 and of course, Texas. yes had to put texas by themselves because their wimmin have teeth and are under a deuce.

Don't you guys kind of bring the whole comparison on yourselves when you do things like hire a Stanford retread as your basketball coach? Just food for thought

Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't you guys kind of bring the whole comparison on yourselves when you do things like hire a Stanford retread as your basketball coach? Just food for thought

It's a bummer you don't have a rival. Huge part of college sports is having that intense rivalry. Each school looking forward to playing each other with equal ardor. Maybe you can develop one with Utah.

hey man CU hired a jayhawk to coach and jayhawks might be more obnoxious than NUBs?

Plus when Cal gets to the Final Four this year, Stanford can kiss our ass. [bong rip]

It's a bummer you don't have a rival. Huge part of college sports is having that intense rivalry. Each school looking forward to playing each other with equal ardor. Maybe you can develop one with Utah.

C'Ville...meet C'ville from Cal. You two never sleep. This is going to be epic.

hey man CU hired a jayhawk to coach and jayhawks might be more obnoxious than NUBs?

Plus when Cal gets to the Final Four this year, Stanford can kiss our ass. [bong rip]

What the ****? I thought you were a CSU troll. Who are you and where are you from?

What the ****? I thought you were a CSU troll. Who are you and where are you from?

how many CSU trolls have pissed gallons (on that avatar) at the durant? (plus remember the bear's lair shirt?) Also, you being gold's father was a compliment.

Last edited:

The point was the Stanford > Cal comparisons. Obviously every coach comes from somewhere, but we're not grouping ourselves with KU on any sort of level of comparing the two schools overall.

He's extremely weak thus far. Not impressed. Thinks he's making some grand point, yet continuously gets ignored like a little gnat. In fact, he's the JRK of Cal.

don't encourage the west coast. it's three hours earlier out there!

don't encourage the west coast. it's three hours earlier out there!

I've toyed with feeding the troll, but he's just so lame thus far. There's going to have to be some sort of remark to prove he's clever so I don't waste my time.

And what flukes says is true. I never sleep.

I've toyed with feeding the troll, but he's just so lame. There's going to have to be some sort of remark to prove he's clever so I don't waste my time.

And what flukes says is true. I never sleep.

It's too late. Fiatlux has somehow imprinted on you. He's your clone from our side. He doesn't sleep either. Like you, he's a friggin' nightmare. I'm not sure why he came here or how he found you but God help both of you.

how many CSU trolls have pissed gallons (on that avatar) at the durant? (plus remember the bear's lair shirt?) Also, you being gold's father was a compliment.

I know but you haven't explained yourself. Who the f*ck are you? You've been on an outpost here and it wasn't until some long ranged reconnaissance bears started posting here that you appeared from 2010 of all years. You came back on the grid in 2011 when bears showed up in force on AllBuffs so wtf? Are you feral? What city do you live in? We can help you if you need supplies.

I know but you haven't explained yourself. Who the f*ck are you? You've been on an outpost here and it wasn't until some long ranged reconnaissance bears started posting here that you appeared from 2010 of all years. You came back on the grid in 2011 when bears showed up in force on AllBuffs so wtf? Are you feral? What city do you live in? We can help you if you need supplies.

2010, 2011? are you a stalker?

I was dormant for a while, but somehow one of these fools called me out a month ago and for what reason? I'm good at reading when I'm on the ****ter, but typing is another level.

Also,to any buff from somewhere than Cal, 'fool' or 'foo' is a term of endearment.

It's too late. Fiatlux has somehow imprinted on you. He's your clone from our side. He doesn't sleep either. Like you, he's a friggin' nightmare. I'm not sure why he came here or how he found you but God help both of you.

All I'm saying is thus far, there has yet to be a reason for me to exert any time. On a scale of witty trolling 1-10, he's scoring a 1.5. Sure, I could go into deep detail on Big 8 rivalries, Sal is Dead Go Big Red, Huskers and their continuing obsession with CU, CSU's delusions, geography, the history with Utah and where that stands, the other budding Pac-12 rivalries, the nature of the conference switch, and naturally, turn things back on Cal and laugh at you a little more for your epic failures in major sports. (but hey, I'm sure that fiery passion of those "Big Games" between 1-10 Cal and 2-9 Stanford involving 17,000 fans sitting on their hands eating arugula sure was one fiery, passionate rivalry! That's some big time athletics right there!) Btw, flukes, you incidentally crushed his own argument when he first started, by posting right after him and completely contradicting him. Clearly this thread has struck a nerve with little luxie. I genuinely fear he's honestly angry and upset, but his methods are barely above Husky or Duck trolling at this point.

Last edited:
Wow! Heavy...

Look, I agree with a lot of what you're trying to say but I obviously changed my mind about posting on this thread way back on page 2. In the meantime, your insightful post has generated over 12,335 views and is the lead thread on two PAC 12 boards. Everyone knows who "Gold" is now. Additionally, about a dozen posters (so far) are a part of the other team's forums. You drive traffic Gold! Be happy! I'm sure this exercise will pay dividends come the PAC 12 tourney. If not, the next football game, assuming everyone can remember their passwords. I didn't start your thread nor bring posters to my board. I simply linked it after it was discovered and I believe both boards will now be enriched with the cultural cross exchange.

I know CU's history with the Big8 / Big12 and your old rivalry with Nebraska. I understand the compliment you're trying to pay me (us) and it's all good. I'm not sure you understand the Stanford rivalry that we have had since 1892 in EVERYTHING though. Lately we have been getting our asses kicked in all sports by them except Rugby, Baseball and Swimming. Winning the rivalry in sporting events is a cyclical occurrence with the current lead going to Stanford in many sports. We have about 250 trolls from all PAC 12 schools and several from schools we have played at one time or another-Kansas, Texas, Ohio State, Nevada, Fresno State, and Tennessee to name a few. The USC, Oregon, UCLA and UW trolls are the worst. We don't see many CU posters so my guess is that's why so many of our posters fell back on the academic attack. That and one of your wise men (an elder here) accurately knew where to push the button of all buttons by mentioning furd's superiority. We know how to handle our two dozen furd trolls but a CU poster on your board and ours after a B-Ball loss spouting off about furd set off a chain of events that exists today. I'll admit that some of us are dumb asses that fall for that every time.

Of course, it's only a guess since I personally don't care and haven't met all 40,000 posters on my board. Having been here two years and understanding the lay of the land I didn't take away anything other than fans being fans. For the record, I was accepted at Stanford, Dartmouth and Brown in addition to Cal. I chose the latter out of financial concerns for my parents who were sending their other kid to Harvard at the time. Many of the posters on Bear Insider have advanced degrees from Ivy Leagues and other good schools which makes the whole Stanford envy thing a little mystifying to be honest. It also puts your theory about me to bed. I think it has to do more with losing on the field recently than perceived educational inadequacies. You'll find that the Cal posters who crossed over here don't have these hang-ups. Similarly, the CU posters who have branched out to other forums within the PAC are rather confident and hard skinned as well. I see them representing on other forums within the PAC and it’s impressive. I'm guessing many of your posters here have equally diverse resumes and advanced degrees. In fact, having met several posters here in person, I know this to be true. Have you met many people from AllBuffs? If not, you should.

Lastly, your impression that I need backup to bail me out is unfounded. I have been here from the beginning. When one goes onto an opponent’s board, there is no back up. It’s just you and the weapons you carry. No airstrikes, no medevac, no fast action ready platoon. It’s just you and the love for your team. You get curb stomped even if you just post sober -which I don’t. You’ll get spit on, **** on, chewed up and clown raped. That’s me. I guess I like it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been here for a full two months before you showed up. Do I hate the posters who talk **** to me and Cal here? I actually respect them more than you know. I hope to meet more of them. I don’t have to share anything chummy back on BearInsider - they are all already here. And now, thanks to your post, CU is over there as well. Well played Gold. We’ll be keeping an eye on you…in the meantime, kick down $11.99 and join your own team’s premium forum. Right now, they're all talking about how they wished a hot link and brat from top dog was shoved up your ass for starting this stupid thread.

I skimmed most of this. If there is anyone here that doesn't like that I posted a recap, that's fine. Let me know and I'll go somewhere else. It's not a big deal and I wouldn't get worked up about it. But I'm assuming, based on the regulars on the bball board who follow the team closely, it's appreciated for the most part. If not, then thats ok.

I skimmed most of this. If there is anyone here that doesn't like that I posted a recap, that's fine. Let me know and I'll go somewhere else. It's not a big deal and I wouldn't get worked up about it. But I'm assuming, based on the regulars on the bball board who follow the team closely, it's appreciated for the most part. If not, then thats ok.

Your recaps have been fantastic. Keep it up, and thanks as always for supporting CU on the road.

Back