What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

Wainaminnit. Did we enter an athletic conference, or what exactly have we gotten into?

Fiatlux, serious question...do you still enjoy Dungeons and Dragons or other non-adult themed fantacy role playing games? How long ago did you stop? And would you agree that you fancy Cal as the self-declared Dungeon Master of the conference?

While you ponder a witty responce worthy of your lofty Cal academic supremecy, we'll be taking bong rips, surfing pR0n and associating Crabbe with something that itches.

BTW, I got accepted into that expensive ass finishing school for little entitled beotches too.

So far, fiatlux, nycgobears, and myself are three bears who were invited to attend Stanford, but didn't go. (* I later attended grad school there, though)

Anyone else?

I like seeing Cal beat Stanford at sports.

More to the point: basketball. I am not seeing the Buffs pop up on main-stream media brackets. Are the Buffs going to the tournament?

I no longer play D&D, but I really like Game of Thrones and the titties. Could not believe that some of those actresses were actually giving us a show. Especially the dragon princess in Season 1. Unbelievable.

I am hoping this thread devolves into a titty thread.

I no longer play D&D, but I really like Game of Thrones and the titties. Could not believe that some of those actresses were actually giving us a show. Especially the dragon princess in Season 1. Unbelievable.

Common ground!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

So far, fiatlux, nycgobears, and myself are three bears who were invited to attend Stanford, but didn't go. (* I later attended grad school there, though)

Anyone else?

More to the point: basketball. I am not seeing the Buffs pop up on main-stream media brackets. Are the Buffs going to the tournament?

The consensus seems to be yes, heading into the Utah game (5 left) we expected to be in good shape for the tourney if we went 3-2 in that stretch (UU, S, CAL, OU, OSU) right now we are at 2-1 in that stretch with 2 to play. If we sweep the Oregon schools at home we should be a lock. The RPI loves, we've got some big wins on the resume and should make it to 20 wins.

There is a fairly in depth discussion in these two threads if you are board:

2012-13 NCAA Bubble watch
Colorado RPI watch

Anyone else?

which main stream media brackets are you looking at? You should see the thread on this subject wherein we discuss it.

I'm gonna be honest with you Cal fans here. When I was looking at colleges, I really didn't think it would matter later in life (and you can argue about how important a degree is 15 years after you graduate). I applied to several school, but didn't really reach for a school. Had I decided to wanted to try for a great school I would have applied to Harvard, MIT and then Stanford in that order. Maybe Stanford has better marketing, but Cal didn't even hit my radar when I was 18. In fact just a few days ago I had a discussion with co-workers when they asked me if Harvard and Stanford are on the same level and I really didn't. At what point does it become impossible to rank these schools beyond the quality of students they get in?

And before you get started with how dumb every kid from Boulder is let me stop you. We don't care, we come to school here to snowboard and party and get a decent education while we are here. There is no need for the academic smack talk because we don't pretend to be something that we are not. Now if you start talking about Utah being a better ski school than us, then you might get a bigger response out of us.

So glad to see that you're living up to your low expectations you web warrior you. Read some more Anthony Bourdain. Really, your snarkiness might improve.

Sharp of you to avoid conversations about your relative academic ranking. If I were you, I would too. CU is a fine school with many smart graduates. It's just that NO CAL GRADUATE would ever have considered going to school there. That's fine, your town is a lovely place to smoke weed for four or five years in, if that's your thing.

Think we're insecure about our prestige relative to Stanford? Yes, some of are because we care about being better than our rival in everything. If you had one, you might understand.

And no. You have no idea about my degree and the pride, sense of accomplishment and prestige it brings me. You'd never understand how it feels when people stop me as I travel the world wearing my Cal gear and ask me in astonishment "Did you go to Cal?"

Academic smack talk works better when the conversation isn't so clearly one sided. Perhaps you can engage some Sun Devils on that topic?

So let's return to sports. Congratulations on your Pac 12 BB Championship last year. Congratulations also on your mythical Football National Championship back in 1990. Kudos on your one sided rivalry with Nebraska. Hang on to those. They're worth slightly more than the nickel you incorrectly valued my Cal degree at.

Are you sure you are not misinterpreting this interaction?

Oh, I am positive. I know it's hard for you to understand as the incredulous response is the one with which you may have experience with.

:lol:

Anyone else?

You still don't seem to get how weak it is to claim acceptance into Stanford as a Cal grad. Taking the bait over and over. The correct response is to not acknowledge Stanford, but you Cal guys can't help it.

I'm gonna be honest with you Cal fans here. When I was looking at colleges, I really didn't think it would matter later in life (and you can argue about how important a degree is 15 years after you graduate). I applied to several school, but didn't really reach for a school. Had I decided to wanted to try for a great school I would have applied to Harvard, MIT and then Stanford in that order. Maybe Stanford has better marketing, but Cal didn't even hit my radar when I was 18. In fact just a few days ago I had a discussion with co-workers when they asked me if Harvard and Stanford are on the same level and I really didn't. At what point does it become impossible to rank these schools beyond the quality of students they get in?

And before you get started with how dumb every kid from Boulder is let me stop you. We don't care, we come to school here to snowboard and party and get a decent education while we are here. There is no need for the academic smack talk because we don't pretend to be something that we are not. Now if you start talking about Utah being a better ski school than us, then you might get a bigger response out of us.

I'm really, really embarrassed to admit this, after giving Cal fans **** about having to explain they were accepted to Stanford, but chose not to go. But here it goes.

I was offered a full ride to Cal. True story.

Another true story. Though I graduated from CU, I didn't start school in Boulder. I transferred after visiting one summer and falling in love with the town.

Last true story in this post. I wasn't accepted to University of North Carolina. Think about that. A full ride to Cal, and couldn't even pass admissions at UNC. Broke my heart--it was my first choice.

I'm really, really embarrassed to admit this, after giving Cal fans **** about having to explain they were accepted to Stanford, but chose not to go. But here it goes.

Another true story. Though I graduated from CU, I didn't start school in Boulder. I transferred after visiting one summer and falling in love with the town.

Last true story in this post. I wasn't accepted to University of North Carolina. Think about that. A full ride to Cal, and couldn't even pass admissions at UNC. Broke my heart--it was my first choice.

:bowdown: :rofl:
:rofl2::yeah_right:

I was turned down by CU. Metro welcomed me with open arms though. Look how I turned out!

:sad1:

i chose cu over a partial scholarship to st. norberts in de pere ****ing WI. it took me five years to graduate, went to jail once or twice, partied my ass off and now i just rape clowns.

wow a full ride, was your essay a picture of your shriveled penis?

@ Ginfizz - you are getting at the core issue behind why this thread was created. Its a treat to find a bright candle in what has been an otherwise dark room.

Our loss at the Haas didn't help our tourney chances and narrowed our window of opportunity. We have the RPI and a decent enough resume to go dancing. But I'm not ready to declare a lock and predict a seed.

Two years ago the selection board snubbed CU after we had a solid resume (****ers picked USC). Last year it required winning the P12 tourney not to get snubbed.

Now to earn some more credibility we have to take care of business against the Oregon schools and not step on our crank in Vegas in the first round.

I'm optimistic we'll get in. What we do with that opportunity is uncertain.

@ Ginfizz - you are getting at the core issue behind why this thread was created. Its a treat to find a bright candle in what has been an otherwise dark room.

Our loss at the Haas didn't help our tourney chances and narrowed our window of opportunity. We have the RPI and a decent enough resume to go dancing. But I'm not ready to declare a lock and predict a seed.

Two years ago the selection board snubbed CU after we had a solid resume (****ers picked USC). Last year it required winning the P12 tourney not to get snubbed.

Now to earn some more credibility we have to take care of business against the Oregon schools and not step on our crank in Vegas in the first round.

I'm optimistic we'll get in. What we do with that opportunity is uncertain.

Titties!

Cal grads, can you start posting your acceptance letters from Stanford? I'm starting to have my doubts now. There should be an independent 3rd party website where we can verify these claims.

Cal grads, can you start posting your acceptance letters from Stanford? I'm starting to have my doubts now. There should be an independent 3rd party website where we can verify these claims.

No need. Let them have that. People who are happy don't usually try to prove their contentment.

remember this is a group of people that has an unnatural love for teddy bears.

It's a bummer you don't have a rival. Huge part of college sports is having that intense rivalry. Each school looking forward to playing each other with equal ardor. Maybe you can develop one with Utah.
wtf is the matter with you? When CU and the nubs BOTH left the B12, they gave up any rivalries they had. Beyond that, I have no idea what you're fishing for here.

Where did fiat go? I miss her and her magnificant heaving breasts (this is how I imagine fiat, and I don't want anybody to take this from me).

CU had endured a dismal decade of football, eeking out one and two wins seasons throughout. Terrible.

Yet somehow, after all that CU still has more all-time wins then Cal and at a higher percentage rate to boot.

And is it my imagination, or has Cal not won an outright conference championship since the early 50s. That's eye-opening right there. We've won at least one (and in some case multiples) for every one of the last five decades, if I'm not mistaken.

But please, fiat, come tell me how my college football experience was diminished by the lack of a true rival. Keep in mind that Cal fans have admitted their rivalry with Stanfard is of the wine and cheese variety (NTTAWWT), but clearly it's enhanced your overall football experience in ways I'm incapable of comprehending.

From somebody that has rooted for CU during a National Championship and multiple conference titles, let me share something that's really sad. It's not the lack of CU's rival, but rather the dismal history of Cal's football program. You know what really heightens the gameday experience? ****ing winning some hardware.

Good thread, would read again

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

wow a full ride, was your essay a picture of your shriveled penis?

That doesn't happen until after you attend, as I understand it. They want big plump penises on acceptance so they can properly measure the academic progress over the years.

That doesn't happen until after you attend, as I understand it. They want big plump penises on acceptance so they can properly measure the academic progress over the years.
so, you get a full ride when they determine you've already made adequate academic progress?

i chose cu over a partial scholarship to st. norberts in de pere ****ing WI. it took me five years to graduate, went to jail once or twice, partied my ass off and now i just rape clowns.
Except for raping clowns (they scare me), you must be fun to party with.

Look, I've got a little shriveled penis, okay? That doesn't have to be a point of discussion--can we just move on?
We can when Burrito does. Unfortunately, he's never gotten over the disappointment you've caused him.

Except for raping clowns (they scare me), you must be fun to party with.

Actually, not really. Bring a babysitter with you, and he shuts down after the first night.

Back